PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know AJ-Racing?

snow_daniel
07-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Same as the title, how do you guys think AJ-racing
http://www.aj-racing.com/catalog/home.php
is it a good place to mod the car? (ie:engine swap, ...)

4doorj
07-12-2006, 09:16 AM
yeah.. they are a very reputable company...

snow_daniel
07-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj
yeah.. they are a very reputable company...
Is that right? as far as I know they sell many EXpensive stuff
(buddy club, T1R, spoon and J's)

HiSpec
07-12-2006, 09:25 AM
they are located in BC... last time I visited BC, my friend brought me to AJ... I was impressed with their work

and yes... they are quite expensive

4doorj
07-12-2006, 09:26 AM
yeah they sell jdm stuff... which of course costs alot

4doorj
07-12-2006, 10:37 AM
if you want stuff from aj racing... u should just call nick at speedtech!!!
he gets me everything from aj racing... hes a dealer for them...
that way you have no shipping costs or anything.... and if any problems you can deal locally!

snow_daniel
07-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj
if you want stuff from aj racing... u should just call nick at speedtech!!!
he gets me everything from aj racing... hes a dealer for them...
that way you have no shipping costs or anything.... and if any problems you can deal locally!
o, thanks not looking to buy anything yet just wondering hows their work:thumbsup:
Thanks for the info

projekz
07-12-2006, 10:48 AM
They're awesome...I went to school with Ray...the owner's brother. Had a B16 installed in my EG in 2000 along with a TODA head kit. Everything was done on time, at the quoted price and the engine bay was spotless when I picked up the car. Very knowledgeable guys...they also have a race team. 110%

rc2002
07-12-2006, 12:10 PM
They're a very well and efficiently run shop. They don't have a very big shop, and they move a lot of nice parts. Profit margins must be pretty good over there. ;)

They're the official distributor for Spoon sports and seem to really be pushing J's racing lately. From what I've heard, their reputation is pretty good - but if you were planning on driving your car to Vancouver to do an engine swap or have miscellaneous work done to your car, it would not be smart at all. The same work can be done here in Calgary.

snow_daniel
07-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
They're a very well and efficiently run shop. They don't have a very big shop, and they move a lot of nice parts. Profit margins must be pretty good over there. ;)

They're the official distributor for Spoon sports and seem to really be pushing J's racing lately. From what I've heard, their reputation is pretty good - but if you were planning on driving your car to Vancouver to do an engine swap or have miscellaneous work done to your car, it would not be smart at all. The same work can be done here in Calgary.
Thanks richard
I am not going to drive my car all the way to BC do the swap :P
If I do it I will go to speedtech
Just won't because I am going to buy a car that tune by AJ..so wondering is it worth for it or not
Thanks anyway:thumbsup:

HiSpec
07-14-2006, 11:31 PM
i love their JDM Fit...its gorgeous!!
hmm... AJ parts w/o the shipping... awesome!!

frozenrice
07-15-2006, 11:30 AM
I've been there before, but not for anything major like swaps or tuning. They seem like a good bunch. The item I purchased was not in their shop but in their warehouse. They said it'd normally be a day to get it from there. But because I was from out of town and time was tight for me, they sent somebody over and had the item back to the shop in 1/2 hour. :thumbsup: