PDA

View Full Version : Online Quotes for used cars??

Unknown303
07-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Anyone know place online that you can search for various car types and get quotes based on their year etc. Just think it would be a handy link to have while searching for a new used car.

lint
07-12-2006, 11:24 AM
www.vmrcanada.com

I've found it to be a great resource (1994-2004) but you will tend to see people asking more (much more in some cases) who will discount it as not being a true reflection of vehicle costs. But sell price is different than list price.

The Cosworth
07-12-2006, 11:36 AM
are you asking for like the value a dealer would look at it as... because that would be booked on the canada blue book or whatever they are using, canadian used auto pricing guide, but if you wanna find what people are asking,

www.canadatrader.com

but for like 'market' value

http://autos.msn.com/default.aspx

lint
07-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris
are you asking for like the value a dealer would look at it as... because that would be booked on the canada blue book or whatever they are using, canadian used auto pricing guide, but if you wanna find what people are asking,

www.canadatrader.com

but for like 'market' value

http://autos.msn.com/default.aspx

Getting a US blue book price and then doing a currency conversion doesn't work very well. There are very few tools for the canadian market.

Dayclone
07-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Well the US market is a lot cheaper than Canada's...Hence why
most poeple travel down to the states to buy vehicles there.

Steve

Unknown303
07-12-2006, 12:54 PM
I know the canadian blue book is actually the Red Book. But i'm looking at if i'm looking at vehicles for sale that are used i'd like to be able to do some research and find a comparable base point for a vehicle of the same year.

slick2404
07-12-2006, 01:07 PM
www.edmunds.com

its american, but it shows what changed in the car each year ect and has american pricing for what its worth. kinda worth it...

lint
07-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
I know the canadian blue book is actually the Red Book. But i'm looking at if i'm looking at vehicles for sale that are used i'd like to be able to do some research and find a comparable base point for a vehicle of the same year.

vmr does provide market (red book) as well as trade in (black book) values.

Unknown303
07-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Yeah was just looking at that VMR site and its really good.

mroseneder
07-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Go to www.dodge.ca and then go to the Owner's Section. It'll have a link that says "Estimate current value of your vehicle" and allow you select from any make, model and mileage as well as option list to get a black book appraisal in Canadian pesos.