PDA

View Full Version : City Wide Towing.

boostinside
07-12-2006, 04:26 PM
I had my talon towed just before july long because of expired plates....city wide did the towing. Picked my car up from the impound on the 4th only to find citywide had hit my intercooler on the bottom with their stinger. Dented it up about 1/4 inch by 6 inches wide. Unsure if it is leaking as I have not had it pressure tested. But I filed a claim on the 4th and followed up with phone calls on the 6th,7th,10,11th leaving messages for Jason the claims department manager to return my call. Finally was able to get a hold of him today only for him to tell me that if it's cosmetic damage only he's not going to give me a penny or fix it even though they clearly damaged the intercooler. Also told me he get's paid by the hour so he could argue with me as long as possible on the subject. This is Extremely unprofessional behaviour and I will be talking with my lawyer shortly to see if it's worthwile to pursue. At the very least I will be reporting them to BBB. So word of advice.....DON'T USE CITYWIDE! I have used AMA on several occasions with no problems.

EnRich
07-12-2006, 04:29 PM
mother fuckers eh... I almost had my car towed the other day.... I woulda lost it if I were you... keep us informed, how things go with the lawyer

Redlyne_mr2
07-12-2006, 05:27 PM
CIty wide does all the towing for the city I would never use them just out of principle. PS stay away from Kooters as well

sjaswal
07-14-2006, 12:28 AM
I used chester'( the chicken molester)s. Would never reccomend them

SilverBoost
07-14-2006, 12:35 AM
I've used city wide and the guy was great. Took extra care with my car. Put it on dollies because he couldn't tow it otherwise because of the height. Zero damage.

People shouldn't generalize, because there are good and bad stories with every company. It comes down most times to the human involved, not teh name on the side of the truck/business.

Stoppie
07-14-2006, 12:59 AM
wait wait wait was this a tow truck u called or did the police do this. Cause if it was a police issue the tow truck company won't do a thing, but if this was ur call then they should pay for it.

Team_Mclaren
07-14-2006, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by sjaswal
I used chester'( the chicken molester)s. Would never reccomend them

I used chester and never had a problem...

Like SilverBoost said, people should never generalize.

the_new_santa1
07-14-2006, 01:59 AM
I used citywide towing is strathmore for my civic, just a little background on it it is a 92 civic hatch, i am about 2 inches off the ground cant even get a jack under, citywide shows up with a tow truck, I was like "uh-hu", that aint goona work so I wait 2 hours then a flatbed shows up, he gets to loading it and my front bumper is bending and scraping...I was like yelling stop!!!!!, and at first he did then when I started running towards him he stopped, I ran out back got some 2X4's and got 'er on, if the guy was any younger I would of started bitching himout but this guy was at least 80(or so he looked), any way got it to the shop just fine...but whoof!, almost need3ed a new bumper, and I am pretty sure I would of been in the same boat...I would of had to go to court for restitution.

vc-kev
07-14-2006, 09:55 AM
That Jason guy is a huge dickhead, last summer my car got towed by citywide (i parked it in no parking, forgot about the time rules) anyway, they scraped up front bumper noticeably. It took me honestly 3 weeks of bitching and calling to get them to fix it, so goodluck man and keep calling and bothering until that dickhead gets so annoyed he'll agree to fix it.

sh0ko
07-14-2006, 10:20 AM
thres nothing the cops could do about this!? to me its like the same if someone took a hammer to ur car and said screw u ...*shrugs* just curious though

boostinside
07-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Stoppie
wait wait wait was this a tow truck u called or did the police do this. Cause if it was a police issue the tow truck company won't do a thing, but if this was ur call then they should pay for it.

Bylaw officer spotted it and had it towed while I was at work.....came home thought my car was stolen at first. But I called the impound and they had it.

Stoppie
07-15-2006, 01:37 PM
yeah then they won't care... if it wasn't a personal toe, and by a bylaw officer, usually they handle it pretty rough, and don't care about it.

next time get your plates updated when ur supposed to and it won't happen again :thumbsup: :D

googe
07-15-2006, 01:48 PM
^ :bullshit:
it doesnt matter who told them to tow it or if its cosmetic or not. no one has the right to damage your property.

boostinside
07-18-2006, 11:51 PM
going to be getting 200 out of them finally after I had a guy who handles my traffic tickets call jason.

MrPid
07-19-2006, 12:03 AM
AMA...ask 'em to send you a flat and they will and they'll be oh-so-gentle. New equipment, the guys know what they are doing, and if they damage you then no problems getting reimbursed....A membership pays for itself the first time you use it!

nonsane
07-19-2006, 07:27 AM
AMA didn't damage my vehicle, but when the company they hired(because i was outside of calgary) damaged my vehicle, it was a big shit show to get my money back. And even then they refused to pay for any labour to replace the parts and i ended up having to repair it myself.

Tealc
07-19-2006, 10:13 AM
I have had a similar experience. I had a flat repaired at a local tire shop on the weekend. The tire guy that did the repair ended up wrecking the wheel that had the flat. He used an impact gun to remove and install the wheel on the car. I wasn't too impressed. When I demanded a new wheel as a replacement, the owner stated that he could get the wheel fixed. It is a TSW wheel that is powder coated. Anything that is powder coated is not easy to fix since I have dealt with powder coating in the past. In the process of getting the tire fixed, I offered to remove the wheel by hand using a socket wrench. The tire guy said it would be faster to use an impact gun. Well, it looks like I got the bad part of the deal.

http://www.jspeed.ca/jgallery/users/Tealc/damage1.jpg