PDA

View Full Version : Help: what are anth201 tests like?

girl
07-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Anyone who has taken ANTH201, what are the tests like?
Pure memorization? I'm in it right now (with Harrison), and have the 1st midterm tmr.
Do I have to memorize all the little details like Australopithecus anamensis (3.9-4.2mya) where found, features, etc for each species and be prepared to write it all down, or would it be more multiple choice questions on that stuff, if at all?

Please help

crazydriver
07-12-2006, 08:59 PM
i had it with a different prof, and we had all MC, memorizing key details like 3.2mya - 4.6mya for certain species was a key to passing, but it wasn't that bad.

A2VR6
07-12-2006, 09:13 PM
When i took it, I had a different prof... but memorization is KEY! All my tests incl. final were all multiple choice and no short answer.

*j.lynne*
07-13-2006, 12:07 AM
Memorization is key to the whole course. Be prepared to know what skulls were found where, their museum #'s and dates found, ect. You will also be expected to know the whole family tree of monkeys, and specific traits of each type (ie) diurnal/nocturnal, molar positions, ect.)

Also, you have to know other details from the text; but they should be review from Bio 30. (ex- mendel's experiments and genetics, ect.)

Good Luck.