PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse cd player problems anybody else no disp @ startup

lehelke
07-13-2006, 09:58 AM
wondering if there are any eclipse owners out there who are experiencing problems with unit at start up. i have this 5434 model and has been installed in a VW Golf and had problem from day one. on random basis every once in a while deck would turn on with the 4 lights and no display, no access to any button just the rotary volume and music would play and remote would have full access to all functions. then i would have to restart the car x amount of times till it corrected itself eventually and start up the right way. i gave up eventually thinking it's the wiring on my car but recently put this unit in my GM Impala and had exact same problem realizing it's not the car. luckily it was under warranty so i took it in they could not finid anything wrong gave it back and it's still doing it. the golf has now a 84 something near top of the line 8 volt deck and showing no problems. i saw this issue on the net where other ppl complained about some thing with different models as well so i'm trying to gather some info to help me to deal with eclipse as my deck is out of warranty as of july 7th
any thoughts ?
(would be greatly appreciated

Weapon_R
07-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Take it back to the store you bought it from with it still installed and show them that it isn't working. In the future, don't buy decks made by companies like Eclipse

Clever
07-13-2006, 10:24 AM
I have an eclipse deck too, the only thing i don't like about it is that it does not come with a remote, well mine did not anyway. Weapon R care to elaborate about eclipse?

core_upt
07-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Elcipse makes awesome sounding, super nice decks...that a almost gauranteed to break two years later...

Weapon_R
07-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by core_upt
Elcipse makes awesome sounding, super nice decks...that a almost gauranteed to break two years later...

LOL

That's the problem with them. They tend to look and sound great but seem to have an unusually high tendency to be problematic. I'm an Alpine fan, they are such solid headunits.

DoubleLP
07-13-2006, 10:50 AM
I have heard the same thing about Eclipse as well. Great decks that sound fantastic, but they are problematic.

I have my Kenwood 915 DVD headunit and have had no problems with it.

big_k
07-13-2006, 10:52 AM
I have had my eclipse for abuout 2 years now, maybe a month or two less, and have had no problems with it. like you guys said, it is great looking and sounding, but i am yet to have problems. don't like hearing about them being problematic after 2 years though, i guess mines due soon...