PDA

View Full Version : gf approached by a hairstylist looking for models

dance4life
07-13-2006, 11:30 AM
So my gf was approached this morning on her way to work by some guy claiming he worked for Premier Salon International, said that he was looking for a strong hair model, and asked if she was interested in getting her hair cut, coloured, and styled and then judged. He gave her his name and card with a cell number on it. It looked legit. I seen a copy of the card. I told her not to call the cell number and that i would call the salon myself and ask who ever answered if this was common for there staff to do this and if so and so worked there and did this often. I havent been able to get through to them yet. Only an answering machine with a lady saying this is Premier blah blah blah..

So i'm going to keep calling but i wanted to know if this has ever happened to anyone else or their gf and if it was legit or if you know anything about Premier Salon International.

thanks

QuasarCav
07-13-2006, 11:33 AM
I always assume everyone is trying to screw me over.

So far I've never been screwed over.

It could be legit but I would do some investigation first.

accord885
07-13-2006, 11:34 AM
One of my friends is a stylist and it is pretty common. Id still call them to make sure he is with the company he says he is. But let her know that some of the stuff they do for the shows are pretty crazy. The usually end up buying the model some new clothes to wear too...

DeeK
07-13-2006, 11:34 AM
This is common for people to be approached for this type of business, however, I havent heard of this company you are talking about.

ringer
07-13-2006, 11:36 AM
someone i know was a hair model
tell your girl to be careful b/c sometimes they cut your
hair an inch long and spiky and dye it extreme colors like
platinum and purple.

They want it to look extreme and difficult so it is marked higher
when it is judged.

now about the company
look into it if she is interested call them get a
website go visit their office.. just check it out
maybe tell her to ask questions like exactly what
are you thinking about doing to my hair lol

teggypimp95
07-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Happined to my gf, they did her hair, over changered and it looked like crap. Aprroched by some creeper in td saying "oh wow such nice hair"

DeeK
07-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
Happined to my gf, they did her hair, over changered and it looked like crap. Aprroched by some creeper in td saying "oh wow such nice hair"

no.

If these people are going to be using her for a model, then there is NO WAY they would be charging her for it.

Canadian 2.5RS
07-13-2006, 12:30 PM
I was a hair model once when i was in BC and I got my normal hair cut and a dye job that I was going to do anyways. The only downside was that I had to sit still for like 2.5 hours while she did my hair and I was judged.

that being said it was my usual stylist that asked me to do the comp.

BebeAphrodite
07-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Don't do it if she values her hair or likes her hair.
And if she wants to do it make sure she knows what they are doing. Usually for these things (like people above mentioned) they can do extreme things.
Sometimes they do updos which don't damage your hair so those are okay. Other times they do extensions (which are sort of damaging).
I knew three girls who did hair modelling and had a horrible experience.
One girl's hair went from middle of her back to being slanted across the face and about chin length. Super traumatizing and it was funky colours as well. It's hard to grow these things out.
Another girl I knew did hair modelling because she loved her hair short and liked the 'free' haircuts.

EK 2.0
07-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Sorry, I didn't know she had a boyfriend...

RX-7_TWINTURBO
07-13-2006, 06:39 PM
a guy friend of mine did this, He went to the show and got his hair trimed and styled in front of a small crowd and the company gave him $50 for his time and another $100 worth of hair products.

they didnt fuck up his hair or anything so it was a good deal for him.

Kona9
07-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
Sorry, I didn't know she had a boyfriend... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Guys=generally no worries.

Girls= extra cautionary

Dayclone
07-13-2006, 07:35 PM
DUDE!!!!

They did this to 4 of my girls downtown the other day I was chillin with 4 girls and this gay guy... walked up to us and started talking to F***IN fast you dunno what he was talking about all I got outta it was

"Hey buddy ur an idiot... stop trying to sell ur business cause we really don't want it and... dude those brochure sucks and ur hair also sucks funny that ur laughing cause I'm laughing at you! HAHAHAHA"

Pretty much it :D These downtown or walking salesman need to get a life. Rather then trying to find people on the street as their customers.

Steve

EDIT:

Btw... this wasn't Premier Salon... it was Lifestyles Salon that did this... seems like all of them are doing this and I'd heard bad things about these people...

My friend went to one of these promotion package kinda thing and ended up being locked up in the salon because the lady didn't want them to leave. She didn't want to loose customers so she locked the door and stood there and my friend shoved her outta the way and she was screaming and called the cops and now their being charged with Assault with a deadly weapon... Supposively my friend had a gun on her... WHAT A JOKE AND WHAT A PSYCHO!

JAYMEZ
07-13-2006, 08:16 PM
Dont do it!

Celica TVS3
07-13-2006, 09:12 PM
I would stay away. From my perspective if this guy is acutally a good stylist he would just ask one of his clients to be a model and not have to stop random people on the street. It might not be a scam but I think the potential costs outweigh the free haircut.

dance4life
07-14-2006, 11:07 AM
thanks for the replies. personally i think he was full of shit and just trying to pick her up. this place is no fucking stylist salon.. me and the gf went and checked it out.. its just some crappy hair place in the Bay at Southcentre.

asuth077
07-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Dayclone
DUDE!!!!

They did this to 4 of my girls downtown the other day

You made yourself sound like a pimp with that line right there

Kona9
07-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by asuth077

You made yourself sound like a pimp with that line right there

And the rest proved it all wrong!!!

Skyline_Addict
07-15-2006, 10:42 AM
make sure you trust someone taking a pair of scissors to your head!

/////AMG
07-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Ok, I'll start...

Lets see pics of your gf so we can tell you if she looks good with long hair or is she should cut it (full body shots are better, right Arif?)...

:rolleyes: :D

redline_13000
07-15-2006, 06:07 PM
This is very common, they wont charge her, she is doing them a favor by being the model, however, they will probably want to do something extreme, she should make sure with that stylist first about what they are going to do.