PDA

View Full Version : MSN Messanger help!

shakalaka
07-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Ok so when I play music in my windows media player, the details don't show up on the msn messanger.

I have that option selected in msn messanger though. When I played music in Itune's that showed up, but something was wrong with ITunes and it kept on skipping pretty much the whole song, so I uninstalled it. Just using the windows media player now and sorting out the playlists and stuff, but when I play the song in there it doesn't show up on the Msn Messanger.

I figure lot of informative people here, so someone might know what the problem is, please help me out here.

Cheers

benyl
07-13-2006, 02:54 PM
I have no idea.

It could be that Itunes was your default player and that is what messenger is picking up on. Maybe because your media player isn't the default, it doesn't pick it up?

shakalaka
07-13-2006, 02:57 PM
That's what I thought too, but since I uninstalled Itunes shouldn't Windows Media Player become default?

I was trying to located some sorta option in the WMP, that would say, 'Make as a default player for audio files.' Couldn't find anything, so that's why maybe someone knows how to do it on here.

benyl
07-13-2006, 03:01 PM
I doubt the registry value would have been changed when you uninstalled it. How would iTunes uninstaller know what you wanted as the default audio player.

There might be an option somewhere in WMP that says, check to see if it is default. You may need to go into the registry to turn this feature back on.

shakalaka
07-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Sorry but what exactlty do you mean when you say, 'go back to registry'? I checked options under Tools or something in WMP and couldn't find set as default media player.

Saw this one option though, on the top it said, "Choose the file type, you want WMP to be the default player of" and there were all the diff file types under the heading like mp3, wmv, etc etc and they were all checked!

benyl
07-13-2006, 03:18 PM
You need to change the registry settings in WMP.

pull up a console and type regedit.

If you don't know what the registry is... you shouldn't monkey with it.

shakalaka
07-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by benyl
You need to change the registry settings in WMP.

pull up a console and type regedit.

If you don't know what the registry is... you shouldn't monkey with it.

Well I can pull up the console and type that in there, but then what?

I have no idea what to change in there though!

YCB
07-13-2006, 03:25 PM
is the option on in windows media player??

view - plugins- other??

shakalaka
07-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by YCB
is the option on in windows media player??

view - plugins- other??

Oh..wow...thanks a lot man!

I went there and there were two plugins, one of them was Msn Messanger Plug In and I clicked on it and started working fine!

Thanks a lot bud!

benyl
07-13-2006, 03:34 PM
haha, told you I have no idea.

shakalaka
07-14-2006, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by benyl
haha, told you I have no idea.

lol no worries mate! Thanks for trying, btw!

BigDannyCool
07-14-2006, 03:07 AM
mine works for both itunes and wmp. Just depends on what i have open