PDA

View Full Version : Agh!

van
07-14-2006, 08:50 AM
I just purchased a 2006 Honda Civic Sedan 2 weeks ago, this being my second week driving it. ANYWAY, when I leave from the office I don't notice anything wrong with my car. I goto the bank still don't notice anything either.

I go pick up some of my friends and I still don't notice anything. We park in this empty lot and we figure we shouldn't be parking there so we go to my car and low and behold! There's a toonie sized dent in my skirt and 3-4 scratches/scrapes/scuffs on the side of my car.

Man, makes me so mad cause I'm so careful with it being a new car and always make sure I have lots of room so I don't do anything stupid to it. I come out and see my car like this argh!!

It's the nighthawk black pearl color too, so it's very noticeable (well to me anyway). Hopefully my uncle can fix this for really cheap.

My question is, should I just see how cheap my uncle can fix it for and get it done myself? I don't want to go through insurance cause I pay out of the ass already (only been registered/insured driver for a year) and I don't want my premiums going up.

Thanks any help is appreciated!

Xtrema
07-14-2006, 09:12 AM
Shit happens, that's why I don't buy black cars because dents are really in your face when you get them.

Tik-Tok
07-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by defekt1

My question is, should I just see how cheap my uncle can fix it for and get it done myself?

The best way to figure it out is to get a quote from your uncle, call your insurance company and ask them how much your premiums will go up if you claimed it.

Chances are likely your extra premiums would cost you more over the next few years than just paying it yourself.

If you're strapped for cash though, maybe hammer out a deal with your uncle that you'll do some dirty work around his shop (cleaning up and such) in exchange for the work done.

van
07-14-2006, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I know -- but black cars are so nice lol yeah I knew something like this would happen sooner or later but I was hoping it'd be more later than sooner. Shit happens though, I know you can't win 'em all. Yeah, I'm just waiting for my uncle to give me a call back and see what he says. Hopefully he'll just get me to buy the materials and he can do the labour for free, what's family for right? :rofl:

Yeah I definitely would rather get my uncle to do it and pay him than go through insurance, unlucky me, I pay like 4k~year which totally sucks. I'm not really strapped for cash but I'd like to spend as little as possible. Downtown parking sucks but like Xtrema said shit does happen.