PDA

View Full Version : anyone have the Nokia 6265i ?

Grip172
07-14-2006, 01:24 PM
well my flip phone broke so i'm in the market for a new cellphone and i'm really thinking of going on a 3 year contract w/ telus and getting this phone for $100 or less. right now i am not on a contract so i could switch providers but i really don't know what to do!
http://www.telusmobility.com/images/pcs/nokia_6265i_handset_open.gif

djayz
07-14-2006, 01:26 PM
telus is a rip off but the phone is nice

arian_ma
07-19-2006, 01:33 AM
I was also thinking of buying this phone, but after seeing the model version I was not impressed at all. The buttons felt cheap and poorly made, the whole thing looked too fat to keep in your pocket comfortably, and since I have a 3 year contract and am only 1 year into it I think I'd have to pay like 500-600 for this phone.

Am I right on all those points (Specially price) or does the actual phone feel much nicer than the crappy model?
If I am on a contract how much will this phone cost?

wildrice
07-19-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma
I was also thinking of buying this phone, but after seeing the model version I was not impressed at all. The buttons felt cheap and poorly made, the whole thing looked too fat to keep in your pocket comfortably, and since I have a 3 year contract and am only 1 year into it I think I'd have to pay like 500-600 for this phone.

Am I right on all those points (Specially price) or does the actual phone feel much nicer than the crappy model?

if you are on telus contract, and u wanna switch phones, you will have to buy a new phone for full price. plus 25 dollars to transfer phones.

dragonone
07-19-2006, 02:02 AM

it's almost the same as my old 6270
feels plasticky, and excelled in none of the features espeically in the battery department

i can c how ppl who don't follow phones would buy this tho, it's quite well advertised

Grip172
07-19-2006, 05:29 PM
i like it so far

and its $300 without a contract

arian_ma
07-19-2006, 05:44 PM
It's $300 for pay-n-talk or w/e they call it now.
If you're already on a contract it's something ridiculous like $600.
And IMO it's a POS for even $300.
If you havn't touched it yet, go to a Telus store and feel the way the buttons on the phone feel. Seeing it will pretty much tell you if you want it or not.

civicHB
07-19-2006, 06:00 PM
It's $300 for pay-n-talk or w/e they call it now.
If you're already on a contract it's something ridiculous like $600.
And IMO it's a POS for even $300.
If you havn't touched it yet, go to a Telus store and feel the way the buttons on the phone feel. Seeing it will pretty much tell you if you want it or not.

nope its still 300 if u are on contact but if you buy it from a telus store be prepared to pay another 25$ charge for progamming:guns:

and back to topic the phone is all on personal prefrences so go into a store and see if it is for u :thumbsup:

spike98
07-19-2006, 06:09 PM
I have it!! And i have to say that it is the most amazing phone i ever owned!

Pros-

-Best camera i have ever seen on a phone
-The most sexiest front screen ever
-Can double as a MP3 player (playing CD quality STEREO MP3's no less
-Awsome price
-Stylish and black
-NOT A RAZR
-No one has it
-Has EVERY do-dad and trinkit imaginable
-Is a slider (i hate flips because everyone and there dog has one)
-FM radio, GPS, Media player, Video Player
-Comes with SNAKE 3 thats right SNAKE 3!!!!
-ALL of the cons can be fixed if you hack the phone (real easy with a USB and a program)

Cons-

-The nokia GUI is a little laggy
-Earpeice volume can be a little quiet
-Front screen easy to scratch (case and screen protector solve this)
-Cannot use your own MP3's as ring tones have to download then from telus

My advice to you is BUY THIS PHONE! I did get the extended warrenty though because it IS a slider afterall and i am not taking any chances.

EDIT: It doesn't feel anywhere a cheap as the demo model. They never feel as good.

afrotl
07-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by spike98
I have it!! And i have to say that it is the most amazing phone i ever owned!

Pros-

-Best camera i have ever seen on a phone
-The most sexiest front screen ever
-Can double as a MP3 player (playing CD quality STEREO MP3's no less
-Awsome price
-Stylish and black
-NOT A RAZR
-No one has it
-Has EVERY do-dad and trinkit imaginable
-Is a slider (i hate flips because everyone and there dog has one)
-FM radio, GPS, Media player, Video Player
-Comes with SNAKE 3 thats right SNAKE 3!!!!
-ALL of the cons can be fixed if you hack the phone (real easy with a USB and a program)

Cons-

-The nokia GUI is a little laggy
-Earpeice volume can be a little quiet
-Front screen easy to scratch (case and screen protector solve this)
-Cannot use your own MP3's as ring tones have to download then from telus

My advice to you is BUY THIS PHONE! I did get the extended warrenty though because it IS a slider afterall and i am not taking any chances.

EDIT: It doesn't feel anywhere a cheap as the demo model. They never feel as good.

I Agree I have the phone as well and have no issues with it apart from those mentioned and you can hack the phone and use mp3 for ringtones or use video for a ring tone...your best bet is to go to the store and play around with it, then decide ...the phone is 300 without a contract and if you sweet talk the dealer they may waive the activation fee. There is nothing like the perfect phone out there each phone will lack or have something people will not like so it is all preference.

andres_mt
07-19-2006, 06:43 PM
DO NOT go on a 3 year contract...you'll regret it like me.

spike98
07-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by andres_mt
DO NOT go on a 3 year contract...you'll regret it like me.

I guess its just a personal opinion. I have had a phone since i was 14 years old and will always have a cell phone. SO if i have one i might as well get a discounted phone out of the deal. The only problem is that i can't switch carriers. But i wont be, it will be a long time before rogers gets excellent GSM coverage in medicine hat. If i live in calgary of course it would be a different story.

Ajay
07-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by civicHB

nope its still 300 if u are on contact but if you buy it from a telus store be prepared to pay another 25$ charge for progamming:guns:

and back to topic the phone is all on personal prefrences so go into a store and see if it is for u :thumbsup:

Yep it would be $300 but at my dealership we'll charge you $35 for getting it activated.......I gotta eat too.

GQBalla
07-19-2006, 09:00 PM
3 year contract is so hefty...... if your asian try to go to the asian telus stores they usually give you extras or a cheaper price.

nice phone though.

Grip172
07-20-2006, 12:27 AM
i like it so far

i still can't figure out why the sound quality for my mp3 songs on it sound like ass thru the speaker. and i need a new ringtone!!

are you guys able to use Nokia PC Suite or how do u transfer songs? i've just been using my usb blue tooth connection...

andres_mt
07-20-2006, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
3 year contract is so hefty...... if your asian try to go to the asian telus stores they usually give you extras or a cheaper price.

nice phone though.

haha is there spic telus stores? :nut:

Team_Mclaren
07-20-2006, 01:38 AM
Telus phones suck. <--period

If you want a nice phone, go GSM and buy a phone from online or marketplace. All of you who think that this phone is "amazing", you have not tried an actual phone yet.

spike98
07-20-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
Telus phones suck. &lt;--period

If you want a nice phone, go GSM and buy a phone from online or marketplace. All of you who think that this phone is &quot;amazing&quot;, you have not tried an actual phone yet.

I have seen and used several GSM "nice phones". Yes they are quite something. But this is the best phone telus has ever offered. AND gsm or cdma this phone has one of the, if not best, cameras out of all i have seen.

In medicine hat, rogers sucks! I said it, i have had both carriers and rogers has the most dropped calls and worst voice quality as opposed to telus. Hence why i have been a happy telus customer for 7 of the last 9 years i have had a mobile phone.

10-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Hey for people that own this phone, how do you put your own ring tones on this!?!? I've searched online and some people said you just convert your file into wma and it will not have that error saying you need a license or something like that but it doesn't work I still get the same problem.

codetrap
10-22-2007, 12:36 AM
If you're going to buy the accesories.. get them online. The only thing I had to order directly from Nokia was the FM adapter. Everything else I got for supercheap from other places.

I got the Data Cable for $15, the Car Charger for 19, the wall charger for 15, all from PureMobil. NEXT DAY!. I actually ordered it on Tuesday around 2pm, and it showed up at the house on Wed just before noon.

I got the Audio Adapter for $35, and a carry case for it for $25 from Nokia.

All in all, not too bad as a gift for the wife in spring. Might be cheaper now though..

natejj
10-22-2007, 12:50 AM
This phone rocks.

One thing you should know!!! You CANNOT set your own ringtones/recordings as ringtones, UNLESS they are BOUGHT from telus, UNLESS you buy 10 dollar USB cable on ebay, and hack it, which I did, and now it works great!

The interface is a little laggy, but it doesnt matter once you know where everything is, and it can be a little blocky in your jeans pockets, so i put it in coat, but otherwise, good phone, ive dropped it tons, works great, camera is awesome, bluetooth is sweet. Anyways, if anyone wants more info on hacking this phone, pm me.

And I paid $50 on a 2year with telus. Good deal.

kamatayan
10-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by 590221010
Hey for people that own this phone, how do you put your own ring tones on this!?!? I've searched online and some people said you just convert your file into wma and it will not have that error saying you need a license or something like that but it doesn't work I still get the same problem.

Look for Diego V3.08

if you cant find it. pm me

ianmcc
10-22-2007, 07:47 AM
How about Mobimb? I have the demo version 3.3.7 and I found it is the only program that talks to my Nokia (using an e-Bay data cable). Unfortunately the demo version doesn't allow ring tone uploads and you are limited to 64k images/games uploads.
Anyone have the full version that wants to share? Or a link to the full version (I found only links to the demo version).

natejj
10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3705001/Nokia_Diego_3.08

Gosh, that was hard.

ianmcc
10-24-2007, 07:51 AM
^^^Looking for FULL version of 3.3.7, not demo versions; thanks for playing.

10-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Do I need a usb to connect my phone with computer or can I just use a microsd?

codetrap
10-25-2007, 09:13 AM
If you buy the SD card adapter, you can just copy your files onto the microsd. But the USB cable works pretty well too.

The cable is important if you want to synch your outlook to your phone.. which makes for real easy contact list management on the phone.