PDA

View Full Version : Car Accident / Insurance question

Kobe
07-14-2006, 06:37 PM
My buddy was taking his brothers 00 celica to work this morning and crashed it, someone turned right and did not stop at the red, he had 2 dodge them and ended up running into a post...

He is alright and also had a witness that saw it and stayed at the scene, but the guy did not stop, My buddy is not on his brothers full insurance policy, and the car is most likely a write-off, is there any way the insurance company is going to pay for the damages???

Jynx
07-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Not sure if this is how all insurance policies work or not but my policy works as follows:
Anyone is insured to drive the car, however, if they get into an accident it would just go under my name and record.

Tik-Tok
07-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
My buddy was taking his brothers 00 celica to work this morning and crashed it, someone turned right and did not stop at the red, he had 2 dodge them and ended up running into a post...

He is alright and also had a witness that saw it and stayed at the scene, but the guy did not stop, My buddy is not on his brothers full insurance policy, and the car is most likely a write-off, is there any way the insurance company is going to pay for the damages???

Yeah, they will pay for the damages, (assuming he has a drivers license anyways) but I don't know if will cost higher premiums to his brother or not, theoretically it shouldn't since there was a witness to the incident, but you never know with insurance companies.

Z_Fan
07-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Jynx FTW.

You are held fully responsible for whatever happens when someone else is driving your car...unless they stole it.

You lend it + buddy crashes it = YOUR Insurance problem

So, it's your buddie's brother's problem. His insurance will have to pay to fix it...

Kobe
07-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Alright thanks alot guys, My buddy just didn't want to dish out all of that cash to pay his bro back, I'm sure he will be paying for his brothers higher insurance rates now