PDA

View Full Version : Futbol 2006-2007 Thread

Oz-
07-15-2006, 10:57 AM
So which club does everyone prefer?

Personally, my favorite club is Santiago Wanderers. Euro clubs I like Real Madrid, mainly because they took Ivan Zamorano way back in the 90's.

Other then that I prefer to go watch U-12 games then watch EPL games :drama:

Some new transfer news. Ruud V. Nistelroy signed with Real Madrid. Spanish story can be found here (http://www.as.com/articulo/futbol/Van/Nistelrooy/firmara/temporadas/dasftb/20060715dasdaiftb_7/Tes/)

cman
07-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Manchester United is my main side.
Also the exeter city grecians I support when I can find whats going on with em.

AquamosH
07-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Inter Milan :clap:

Also started liking them because of Zamorano, and now they're grooming David Pizarro to be a headliner this upcoming season.

/////AMG
07-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Man Utd here as well. It doesn't look that good for this year so far...

Oz-
07-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by AquamosH
Inter Milan :clap:

Also started liking them because of Zamorano, and now they're grooming David Pizarro to be a headliner this upcoming season.

I really do hope that they play Pizarro.

Way back in the day when I was 10 and made a few month trip to Chile. I signed up and played with my cousin's team, funny thing is that David Pizarro and Rienaldo Navia were both on the team too....haha

Oz-
07-16-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
Man Utd here as well. It doesn't look that good for this year so far...

Man U had a great run, but they need to really strengthen their midfield....for so long it was their one strong point. But right now its lacking and probably their weak link right now.

cman
07-16-2006, 09:45 PM
We have entered a rebuilding process. Under SAF chaseing players out and moron owners the inevitable time has come.
Unless we can manage a major signing or two pretty quickly here I have my doubts at us competing for a major trophy.
However we won our first friendly 4-0.

Shaolin
07-16-2006, 10:07 PM
my signature says it all.. I also have a LFC decal in my rear window as well.

Oz-
07-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin
my signature says it all.. I also have a LFC decal in my rear window as well.

I will be trying to watch as many Liverpool games this year as I can. Mainly to watch Mark Gonzalez, he was out on loan to Real Sociedad last year and finally got his visa for the UK.

Here is a story that made me laugh.

Chelsea still second-rate Europeans (http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1822657,00.html?gusrc=rss)

Oz-
07-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Juventus has been raided.

Real Madrid sign Cannavaro and Emerson

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=404389&CPID=23&clid=186&lid=2&title=Real+raid+for+Juve+stars

Barcelona sign Thuram and Zambrotta for 19 million.

Juventus sells 4 players for only 39 million euros total. Wow.

/////AMG
07-20-2006, 10:45 AM
France playmaker Zinedine Zidane has been handed a three-match ban and a fine for his World Cup final headbutt on Italy defender Marco Materazzi, who himself has been suspended for two games and fined for provoking the incident.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/overseas/france/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/06/07/20/SOCCER_Zidane.html&TEAMHD=france

SI_futbol
07-20-2006, 11:17 AM
does anyone else wanna murder materrazi? what an italian thing to do, like diving because someones shirt brushed u wasnt enough.

:barf:

Davide
07-22-2006, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by SI_futbol
does anyone else wanna murder materrazi? what an italian thing to do, like diving because someones shirt brushed u wasnt enough.

:barf: :rolleyes:

Roma and Juventus are my teams, but Juve is falling apart litterally, losing Fabio Cannavaro and the posibility of losing Vieira

Fcuk
07-22-2006, 04:20 AM
dont mean to hijack the thread if your interested in soccer please check out www.futbolfever.ca to get some soccer players together!

Oz-
07-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Updates on some news.

Juventus had their penalty reduced to relegation and only minus 17 points instead of the original 30.

Lazio & Fiorentina no longer relegated, stuck in Serie A with some point deductions.

Milan, had their point deductions cut to only 8 points from 15. And allowed to play in this years Champions League.

IMO of this, complete BS. How the hell can the rest of UEFA(FIFA) take anything coming out of Italy serious? Sure great that Italy won the WC, but that has nothing at all to do with these 4 teams cheating their way to the top of Serie A.

Transfer News

RVN is in camp for ManU, but Bayern and RM are stepping up their original transfer offers to ManU. SAF wants something in the neighborhood of 30 mill euros for him, as that is what Chelski paid for Sheva. (Not bloodly likely that either will pay that much for RVN).

D. Duff is gone to Newcastle, leaving Chelski.

L. Toni rumored to be going to Inter. Guess that means either Adriano or J. Cruz are out of there. Can't have three 9's on the team.

Much more to report but not enough space.

cman
07-26-2006, 06:06 PM
FIFA is such a joke, such a joke. I cannot believe they let them off that easily. The clubs probably bribed FIFA for less of a suspension.
3 wins and AC is back to ground 0:rolleyes:

SI_futbol
07-26-2006, 06:08 PM
u mean 5

cman
07-26-2006, 06:11 PM
No I mean 3.

SI_futbol
07-26-2006, 06:13 PM
15 points, 3 for a win.........................

Oz-
07-26-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by SI_futbol
15 points, 3 for a win.........................

Milan orginally set to 15 point deduction, it was reduced to 8 points. Plus their 44 point deduction from last year was reduce to only 30 points. With that small caveat, Milan can "qualify" for CL play.

UEFA right now is debating whether or not to ban Milan from this years CL.

SI_futbol
07-26-2006, 06:28 PM
so wen i say thats a fuckin joke i'm prolly not alone on that one.

cman
07-27-2006, 06:45 PM
No you certainly are not, I think every agrees.
BTW Ruud gone to Real complete.

Oz-
07-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Yeah. Italian futbol just lost quite a bit of respect in many peoples eyes, other then the actual club fans.

RVN going to RM seemed strange at first, but I looking at it my inclination is that Capello is going to be playing a 4-2-3-1 and wants 2 players at every position to fill in without a hiccup. The new signing has been speculated to be Diarra from Lyon....I would love to see Gago from Boca there, he is just a monster.

................................... .....casillias(diego lopez)............................. .....

Cicinho(salgado).......Ramas(woody) .........Canavaro(helguera)......Carlos(bravo)

.............Emerson(gravesn or garcia)............New signing(guti)................

Beckham(juanfran).................. ...Raul(baptista)............Robinho(cassano)

................................... .......Ronaldo(RVN)................ ..............................

cman
07-28-2006, 07:08 PM
United get Carrick for 18 mil pounds.

Oz-
07-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by cman
United get Carrick for 18 mil pounds.

Good move by ManU, first signing for them also. They need more help in the midfield imo.

News story

Manchester United have agreed a fee with Tottenham for Michael Carrick.

Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been a firm admirer of the England midfielder for some time and has been trying to bring him to Old Trafford all summer.

A bid of around £10 million was rejected before the World Cup as Spurs coach Martin Jol looked to build his side around Carrick.

However, Ferguson's persistence has finally paid off, with the cash from Ruud van Nistelrooy's sale to Real Madrid enabling United to return with an improved offer.

Carrick is now set to complete his protracted move to Old Trafford just as soon as he undergoes a medical and agrees personal terms.

"Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur can confirm that they have agreed terms for the transfer of the registration of Michael Carrick conditional upon the player agreeing personal terms with Manchester United," read an official statement from United.

"He shall also be required to pass a medical that will take place on Monday."

Jol has admitted that he was reluctant to let Carrick leave, but did not want to stand in the way of a lifelong dream.

"This is a move that Michael wants to make," he explained.

"We have given him every reason to stay, but he has asked to be allowed to leave."

Should Carrick clinch a transfer to United he will become Ferguson's first major signing of the summer.

cman
07-29-2006, 01:52 PM
He is a great pickup, like you said we are severly lacking at mid field, however that price is pretty steep.
We are also rumoured to get Mascherano which would be our picture perfect match IMO. I am a HUGE fan of Mascherano and would be ecstatic if my previous dreams and now rumours came true.
He was my first ever signing on Fm 2006 for Man United lol
Roberto Carlos rumoured to get this, Fenerbache!!!

Oz-
07-31-2006, 08:16 AM
I don't know where to start with the rumors.

R. Carlos has said that after his meeting with Capello he will be staying at RM. No move to Fenerbache, as Anelka was lobbying quite a few players to go there.

Milan has reportedly said that they will be going after Ronaldinho and Diarra of Lyon. R10 would cost in the neighborhood of 100m euros and would probably have to be funded by the sale of Kaka (my speculation on the Kaka portion).

Chelski wants to get A. Cole from Arsenal, but his contract states that the buyout clause is 16m pounds except for Chelski which is closer to 30m pounds. He was speculated to go to RM, to replace R. Carlos.

Simao is ready to sign with Valencia.

Mascerano as cman mentioned is rumored to be going to ManU, right now for him anything is better then playing with Corinthians.

Tevez is very ready to make a move to Europe from Corinthians. Funny thing is that a proxy company by R. Abrahamovich brought Tevez from Boca to Corinthians and now they may sell him to Chelski.

Oz-
08-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Been a while and updating some more transfers.

Viera has completed his move to Inter from Juve

Crespo goes from Chelski to Inter.

Zlatan Imbrahimovic was transfered to Inter from Juve.

Mauro Camronesi has tried to leave Juve to Lyon but Juve have been blocking his transfer.

Martins has been rumored to be going from Inter to an EPL team.

Adriano is being rumored to be shipped out to ManU.

Diarra from Lyon is being persued by Real Madrid and ManU still.

Reyes from ManU, being linked to RM bigtime.

There are some other moves, but nothing that grabs headlines like those. Inter still trying to win the title straight up, but I have a feeling Milan will still come back to beat them.

JAYMEZ
08-10-2006, 08:04 PM
I used to be a Liverpool fan with the rest of my family , but im defiantly a ManU fan for the past 10 years :thumbsup:

cman
08-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
I used to be a Liverpool fan with the rest of my family , but im defiantly a ManU fan for the past 10 years :thumbsup:
Good to see you switch over to the real reds:D

ashee
08-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Heck yes Real Madrid and Valencia because I love David Villa

Oz-
08-14-2006, 09:34 AM
Surprised that some of you LFC fans haven't posted about it, Liverpool beat Chelski yesterday to win the Community Shield. To be honest I think LFC will be about the only one giving Chelski a run for their money in the next few years.

I just wait for the days that Chelski loses, so that I can hear the hot air from Morinho's mouth. Biggest sore loser around.

kertejud
08-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Oz-

Reyes from ManU, being linked to RM bigtime.

Reyes from Arsenal
[/nitpick]

The rumors I've heard are that Arsenal want Baptista, which would be a good move for them IMO (provided they get cash as well).

Oz-
08-24-2006, 08:52 AM
So Reyes whored himself out in the press and Real Madrid realized how shitty of a player he was and backed out. He is now stuck in Emirates stadium, unless he moves to Atletico Madrid.

Ashley Cole sounds as if he will be staying with the gunners for another season.

Diarra finally left Lyon for Real Madrid, I belive the final price tag was 25 million euros.

Another big negotiation is going on, Milan have approached Real Madrid to get Ronaldo. Ramon Calderon (president of RM) said that RM do not want money but they want someone else (Kaka). Will be interested to see how this plays out.

Finally, La Liga starts up on Saturday, will be a good game on Sunday as Villareal goes up against Real Madrid.

All major euro leagues have started and this will be a fun year to watch.

/////AMG
08-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Man Utd, 8 goals in 2 games! :thumbsup:

Oz-
08-24-2006, 01:14 PM
CL Group Stage Draw The Monaco draw turned up quite possibly the most morbid pairing possible as Mourinho gets another chance to exorcise his demons against ex-club and Champions League holders FC Barcelona.

Group A

Barcelona (SPA)
Chelsea (ENG)
Werder Bremen (GER)
Levski Sofía (BUL)

Group B

Inter Milan (ITA)
Bayern Munich (GER)
Sporting Club (POR)
Spartak Moscow (RUS)

Group C

Liverpool (ENG)
PSV Eindhoven (HOL)
Girondins Bordeaux (FRA)
Galatasaray (TUR)

Group D

Valencia (SPA)
AS Roma (ITA)
Olympiacos (GRE)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)

Group E

Real Madrid (SPA)
Olympique Lyon (FRA)
Steaua Bucharest (RUM)
Dinamo Kiev (UKR)

Group F

Manchester Utd. (ENG)
Celtic (SCO)
Benfica (POR)
FC Copenhagen (DEN)

Group G

Arsenal (ENG)
FC Porto (POR)
CSKA Moscow (RUS)
Hamburg (GER)

Group H

AC Milan (ITA)
Lille (FRA)
AEK Athens (GRE)
Anderlecht (BEL)

cman
08-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
Man Utd, 8 goals in 2 games! :thumbsup:
Ohhhh yah. Plus Carrick played, much earlier than expected.:thumbsup:

Also did anyone see Ben Thatchers challenge on Mendez in the City v. Pompey match. Bloody horrific stuff!!!! He is even facing criminal charges over it.:eek:

Oz-
08-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by cman

Ohhhh yah. Plus Carrick played, much earlier than expected.:thumbsup:

Also did anyone see Ben Thatchers challenge on Mendez in the City v. Pompey match. Bloody horrific stuff!!!! He is even facing criminal charges over it.:eek:

No idea how the hell Ben Thatcher thought he would get away with that elbow. If the FA has any balls it needs to be at least 10 games, maybe even the rest of the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afeF03N6Cco&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efbtz%2Ecom%2Fforum%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D58816%26page%3D2

CasperWho
08-26-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Oz-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afeF03N6Cco&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efbtz%2Ecom%2Fforum%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D58816%26page%3D2

:eek: - looked like he was trying to knock his head off!

Shaolin
08-27-2006, 12:22 AM
what a dirty motherfucker.. Thatcher should be banned for the rest of the year.. the FA really needs to grow a set of fucking balls. stop talking about shit and start doing something about it..

/////AMG
08-27-2006, 03:30 AM
:thumbsdow That was brutal.

Proboscis
08-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Sporting or Benfica.....

cman
08-31-2006, 07:46 PM
WEST HAM SIGN TEVEZ AMD MASCHERANO

West Ham Sign Tevez And Mascherano To Permanent Deals! Completing what might be the biggest transfer coup of the season, West Ham United have pipped major clubs like Manchester United, Arsenal, and Roma, and signed Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano to permanent deals.

Both players, 22, have long been seen as rising stars in world football, both having made names for themselves at a young age -- Tevez at Boca Juniors and Mascherano at River Plate.

West Ham United manager Alan Pardew could not hide his delight by the double swoop.

"What a fantastic day for West Ham United Football Club," Pardew said on the team's website.

"I have no doubt that this deal will give us a real chance to compete with the very best teams in the Premiership and in Europe.

"Our Chairman Terry Brown came to me on Monday and gave me the opportunity to go for Carlos and Javier - and you don't turn down the chance to sign two world class players," added Pardew.

"I've already had three or four of the players on the phone, they are all very excited by the news, and I'm sure there will be a real buzz around the place when we report back for training on Tuesday morning."

Meantime, Hammers players can get a good look at their new teammates on Sunday, when both players suit up for Argentina for a friendly against Brazil at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium.

WOW just wow!!!! How the hell did west ham manage that!

BigDannyCool
09-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Reyes has been swapped with Baptista.

Oz-
09-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Like mentioned above.

West Ham got Tevez and Mascherano, don't be surprised to see them go to Chelsea. MSI is looking at getting a stable of players that go from club to club and then eventually to Chelsea. Use others clubs as the farm/feeder team, no way that its a legit deal. When back in January they could barely scrape together 7.5 M pounds for a transfer.

Here is a good article to describe the big conspiracy theory

http://www.squarefootball.net/article/article.asp?aid=1571

At least RM didn't buy Reyes and if he doesn't mind taking a role that will be on the bench, might work out too bad. Baptista was obviously not in Capello's plans this year and was not going to play much at all this year.

Another good move was Milan getting Oliveria from Betis, I have a feeling he will have a good year.

Arsenal & Chelsea decided to swap defenders. 5 M pounds + Gallas to Arsenal for Ashley Cole to Chelsea.

UEFA 2008 qualifying is this weekend, also being shown is the Argentina v Brasil friendly to be played at Emirates Stadium. Goltv is showing it live, so if you have Bell/Rogers/Cogeco/Sasktel then you can watch it here in Canada but if you are stuck on shitty Shaw then TFB.

PS: If you want to watch Spanish La Liga and German Budasliga live, then call Shaw and ask them to add Goltv Canada, as they have the rights to broadcast live in Canada for those 2 leagues.

cman
09-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Another good article on the mysterious deal

Here is an article to verify how exactly West Ham snatched up these two...

Eyebrows raised at deal shrouded in mystery

West Ham's sensational capture of Carlos Tévez and Javier Mascherano is undoubtedly the biggest coup of this or any other transfer window, but it is not just in English pubs and Premiership grounds that the significance of the Argentinian pair's arrival will be debated.

Thanks to the complex structure of the deal and the mysterious ownership structure of Media Sports Investments (MSI), the investment vehicle that yesterday sold the players' registrations to West Ham, administrators in Britain and Europe will have raised eyebrows at the passing of a deal that in almost every sense is unusual.

Article continues
Although the transfer lists in today's papers will baldly state that Tévez and Mascherano yesterday moved from Corinthians to West Ham, the reality of the deal is more complex and remains in part opaque. The players were contracted to and paid by the Sao Paulo club but they were at least half "owned" by MSI and its front man Kia Joorabchian, an Iranian-born, British-educated businessman.

MSI yesterday sold its share in the pair's registration to the Hammers because FA regulations prevent player registrations being owned by anyone other than a club. MSI has secured lucrative sell-on clauses, however, meaning West Ham will have to sell either player should they receive an offer in excess of €50m (£35m) per player or match the fee themselves, with the lion's share of the profit going to MSI. For celebrating West Ham fans the one cloud on the horizon may be that the pair will spend this season in the Premiership shop window before departing to more glamorous employers.

Joorabchian became familiar to an English football audience last year when he tabled a £90m offer to buy West Ham from the chairman Terence Brown. The offer was not accepted but relations between the two parties remained good enough for the deal of the season to be engineered almost out of the blue.

Welcome though the signings will be to Hammers fans who will now dream of Champions League football, Joorabchian is a controversial figure in Brazil, where he was investigated after buying Corinthians in 2004, in Russia where he developed links with the exiled media oligarch Boris Berezovsky, and in the corridors of the European governing body Uefa where allegations of claimed links to European clubs, including at least one from the Premiership, have come to the attention of the chief executive Lars Christer Olsson.

Joorabchian, 35, made his entrance into football in 2004 when he appeared in Sao Paulo as the frontman for MSI's takeover of Corinthians, which saw the company promise to pump $35m into the club over 10 years. Joorabchian presented Tévez as a $22m (£11.5m) "present" to the fans and the most high-profile player ever to swap Argentina for a Brazilian club. Within months, however, Joorabchian and MSI found themselves the subject of an investigation by the Brazilian Central Bank and the organised crime unit. The investigations threw up extravagant claims but no proof of any wrongdoing.

MSI is registered in London, with Joorabchian and a Nojan Bedroud of Maidenhead, Berkshire, listed as the sole directors. Joorabchian has been on compassionate leave from Corinthians for several months after the death of his father. The transfer of Tévez has also thrown up suggestions of indirect links between the businessman and Berezovsky.

Joorabchian acknowledges that the two men are friends but denies that the Russian is a source of MSI's cash. Joorabchian also denies ties between MSI and Roman Abramovich, who was linked with the company by the Spanish newspaper AS, its story fuelled by reported sightings of Abramovich's yacht in Buenos Aires shortly before the Tévez deal was announced.

It was these suggestions of links between club owners stretching around the world and across Europe that alerted European administrators to the activities of Joorabchian. Allegations made in the Dutch media were forwarded to Olsson, who forwarded his concerns to leading football administrators across the continent and members of the European Parliament. Olsson's warning shot was in part the catalyst for a review of European football governance sponsored by the sports minister Richard Caborn and carried out by a Portugese politician, Jose Luis Arnaud. The review called for EU law to be changed to allow football to be governed by different rules to the rest of business, specifically allowing the authorities to investigate collaboration between clubs. Currently Uefa can only intervene if an individual or club own more than 51% of two clubs.

cman
09-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Rooney punches Blackburn's Michael Gray.

Rooney punches Gray in restaurant

Wayne Rooney was involved in an altercation with fellow Premiership star Michael Gray in a plush Manchester restaurant on Saturday night. The 20-year-old Manchester United striker was with fiancee Coleen McLoughlin and three other couples, all long-standing close friends of the pair, at the Panacea restaurant, when Gray, himself capped three times by England in 1999, wandered over, apparently under the influence of alcohol.

The footballers exchanged words before it is alleged Rooney, while still seated, punched Gray, giving the player, who is now at Blackburn, a black eye. "Wayne and Coleen were enjoying a night out with three other couples and were having a quiet dinner when Michael came up to their table uninvited," said a spokesman for the striker.

"Michael then began making a number of remarks which were offensive to Coleen and Waynes other female guests. Several times, Wayne asked Michael to leave. It was a brief incident and as far as Wayne is concerned, he bears no ill-feeling towards Michael."

haha and people wonder why I love this guy. Rooney is the man:thumbsup:
Just give the guy a good shot like he deserves for being a wanker then say it's all good and no hard feelings after.

kertejud
09-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Its damn good to see that West Ham are finally able to bring in rising young stars rather than being forced to sell them off (they'd be unbelievble if they got to keep everybody).

And its also good to see that Rooney is settling into Roy Keane and Eric Cantona's old roles.

Oz-
09-12-2006, 03:47 PM
I watched the West Ham v Aston Villa game and Tevez is either going to have to learn to play the crappy english style or his teammates will need to adjust to his style. Granted its only 1 half, but you could tell that the players around him are shitty and prefer to kick the air out of the ball.

Oz-
09-12-2006, 03:50 PM
***SPOILER for those watching Champions League games tonight on TSN***

First match day of the group stage. Super high scoring games.

Home Away
Chelsea 2-0 Bremen
Barcelona 5-0 Levski
Sporting 1-0 Internazionale
Bayern 4-0 Spartak Moskva
Galatasaray 0-0 Bordeaux
PSV 0-0 Liverpool
Olympiacos 2-4 Valencia
Roma 4-0 Shakhtar