PDA

View Full Version : BELL jobs ? Please help!

Teknodude2000
07-15-2006, 01:25 PM
BELL seems like a cool place to work at. i'm mainly looking for help desk/tech support/customer service/sales positions.

Anyone here work there? If so, what's it like?

What is their hiring process?

Any tips/advice on how to get a job there, the interview questions etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks!

GTS Jeff
07-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Bell is not a cool place to work at. Not only is Bell an evil company that doesn't give a shit about their customers and their own employees, they also have a knack for hiring morons. I know someone who scheduled an interview with Bell, then had the Bell manager make him wait for over half a hour. Fuck that.

digi355
07-20-2006, 11:08 AM
I used to work for Bell. If your looking for a tech position don't look there. The director of operations is a moron. The guy is an insincere knob. Trust me when the new director took over it went from an all right place too work to an absolute hell hole. Calgary is booming right now, there is no reason to work for a dinosaur like Bell. They are also going Union soon, half the techs have quit, the other half are apparently to stupid to leave. Don’t believe me? Call 888 784 2606 ask the person who answers how long they have worked there and if they see their self’s working there another 6 months. Only benifit is you save 33% on your satellite bill.

legendboy
07-20-2006, 11:34 AM
everybody i know who works for bell wants to find another job. they merged with Group telecom (or bought them) and since then working for bell west repair sucks.

jer82
07-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Being an ex-Bell employee I can tell you I am glad they laid me off. I was a tech there and stuff has gone way down hill recently, they are now unionized and I have heard nothing but stories of BS from the people I know that work there still.. There were a lot of perks (car, ot + Salary, ETC) however I am doing something I enjoy now and with now here near as much beaurocratic BS.

Just my 2cents

codetrap
07-21-2006, 10:49 PM

Hollywood
07-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Bell West is hell and will be for a long time to come. Save your self the stress, seriously.

They are the most employee hating companies I have worked for. It used to be good, then the Bell Canada harmonization, then the GT merge ruined everything. Now employee's are slaves to negative environment machine. Bell West is only good for Director level and above.

But hey they think they are a top rated company for employees......:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

digi355
07-24-2006, 06:26 PM
I didn't know so many people have been dinked by Bell West. Here I thought it was just a complany secert. Oh well, I guess we answered your questions. Bell West sucks, don't say we didn't warn you.

black_2.5RS
07-25-2006, 07:27 PM
HAHAHA! That places sounds like CPRail. Another place to steer clear of.

chris
07-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by black_2.5RS

hahaha wat did you do at cp?

black_2.5RS
07-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by chris

hahaha wat did you do at cp?

I actually didn't work there but I know lots of ex-CP employees who worked in everything from Accounting to IT to various support positions in the dungeon (USC). They are now very happy ex-CP employees.

Where did you work?

CaptainReboot
07-31-2006, 01:07 PM

Yeah, I worked at CP.

Hated it.

City Girl
07-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Ugh - now I'm really confused. I have an interview scheduled with Bell. Should I bother going? Is it really THAT BAD?? I'm working at a place with not-so-good pay but nice environement. Is it worth it to skip over to Bell or should I just wait it out? My field is business/IT.

black_2.5RS
07-31-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by City Girl
Ugh - now I'm really confused. I have an interview scheduled with Bell. Should I bother going? Is it really THAT BAD?? I'm working at a place with not-so-good pay but nice environement. Is it worth it to skip over to Bell or should I just wait it out? My field is business/IT.

I would say, despite all the negative talk about Bell. I would say you need to draw your own conclusions because an environment that some people do not like maybe your cup of tea. So, should you get an offer - rather than accepting it right away, ask to talk to more Bell employees at your level and say that you are evaluating the culture of the company.

TyrannicTBagger
08-02-2006, 08:23 AM
I worked with bell over 5 years ago and really wanted to punch out some of the management. There was one cool operations manager, but she left for infosat or something. Fuck bell. They treat their "niggers" like shit. I say that, because that word spawned hatred in the office, as it was used to describe the underlings.

chris
08-06-2006, 09:47 PM

I actually didn't work there but I know lots of ex-CP employees who worked in everything from Accounting to IT to various support positions in the dungeon (USC). They are now very happy ex-CP employees.

Where did you work?
i'm interning for my dad (makes life easier) doing accounting (internal audit). One of the girls working for my dad is 22 and she's making 70,000 a year with just her b.comm, it seems alright to me. Everybody there seems to think you make more at an oil company, but I have yet to see that. They deffinately work you hard, but I mean what do you expect? Most of the people there are from eastern canada where they don't really have "slack" jobs. That's why they call it work, not supper happy fun time. I'm kind of interested in what your friends didn't like about it.

jay42w8
08-06-2006, 11:57 PM
yikes..ill stick to my "slack" govt job thank u very much..just out of curiosity though...what is this 22 yr old girl doing for 70g's a year...she better be at least intermediate accountant/analyst