PDA

View Full Version : I hit a parked car!!

biglips
07-16-2006, 01:33 AM
I need you'all advices! When I was backing out of my parking space, I hit a car that was parked in a parking lot. As I was backing out, I heard a " thump" so I looked back and since I didn' t see any damages on the other car, I proceeded to go on my way. Later on, my friend who I was picking up told me that I had a pretty big scratch on the side of my car. I thought, if my damage is pretty noticeable, I may have caused a damage on the other car also. But when I drove back right after I talked to my friend (10 min. later), the other car was no longer there and I have no information about the other car whatsoever. I tried to look around to see if there were anybody I could talk to but there was no one around. I used my insurance to fix my car but when I think about the other car and how I just drove away, I'm just so HORRIFIED and ASHAMED!! Would I get in trouble for this? Please help!

3G
07-16-2006, 01:34 AM
uh huh u can get charged with hit and run

biglips
07-16-2006, 01:37 AM
so, what can I do to fix this?

dj_rice
07-16-2006, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by biglips

Turn yourself into the nearest police station RIGHT away and confess

Curious
07-16-2006, 01:51 AM

If you're actually from Manhattan, New York, I'd figure you do what other folks in Manhattan do. Otherwise in Calgary, best bet is to follow the above advice.

Palmiros
07-16-2006, 01:55 AM
You`re a good person for admitting it, although you should not have left in the first place. I don't know what else you could do about it except file a report @ the police station. Chances are you will not get in any trouble. *If someone hit my car i`d go to the insurance, much like you did, instead of the cops*

Don't feel bad. You`re doing the right thing, and its better it be later, than never.

biglips
07-16-2006, 02:02 AM
Thank you for saying that. But I feel pretty bad and I'm going to file a report first thing tomorrow morning.

Palmiros
07-16-2006, 02:09 AM
Thank you for saying that. But I feel pretty bad and I'm going to file a report first thing tomorrow morning.

:thumbsup:

Stoppie
07-16-2006, 02:17 AM
I was backing out of my friends driveway not knowing that there parents infiniti SUV was barely sticiking out in my way. I haven't told them since, nor am i going to. But thats just me :nut:
And plus that my friends parents arn't the people you go and tell that too.

But, you should tell the police.

biglips
07-16-2006, 09:49 AM
but wasn't your car the only car in the driveway? wouldn't they find out about it sooner or later?

Kona9
07-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Stoppie
I was backing out of my friends driveway not knowing that there parents infiniti SUV was barely sticiking out in my way. I haven't told them since, nor am i going to. But thats just me :nut:
And plus that my friends parents arn't the people you go and tell that too.

But, you should tell the police.

wasn't it you that slammed on your brakes and caused a rear ending accident, to the guy following you way too close for a long period of time?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your insurance group must love you!! Or they might start to really do the opposite if they ever cruised Beyond and figured you out.

If not, and I have the wrong guy, I apologize.:D

rage2
07-16-2006, 10:55 AM
If you're from Manhattan, do nothing. Take a look around at all the cars around you, bumpers are used for bumping in NY!

carter_prelude
07-16-2006, 10:59 AM
why didn't you leave a little note on their car or something?? with your info? thats what i would have done

SilverBoost
07-16-2006, 11:26 AM
If you bump a car in a parking lot and don't get out to closely inspect the damage or if there is any then you're a fucking idiot, and you're the kind of person I would love to catch doing it to my car. Sounds to me like you panicked and left and now you somehow have a guilty conscience about the whole thing.

Fucking people.

:thumbsdow

AE92_TreunoSC
07-16-2006, 11:46 AM
We had a guy hit a parked car near my work, the car was getting scrapped anyway, but the guy just took off. So now hes getting charged with H&R. Theres no excuse for hit and run, my mom had it happen to her once and now I'm very vigilant about it,

Tik-Tok
07-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Lol, so you register on our little community forum, and your first post is admitting to a hit and run?

Either A) you are a regular member and don't want to be found out, or B) you are a joker

LuxCars
07-16-2006, 01:23 PM
^^^

Or

c) registered to the forum and needed advice on what he should do.

Man you guys get harsh sometimes.

Tik-Tok
07-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by LuxCars
^^^

Or

c) registered to the forum and needed advice on what he should do.

Man you guys get harsh sometimes.

Just weird that someone in Manhatten would find an Alberta forum to ask advice on... Youd think they'd want to stick to their own country where the laws are different.

Stoppie
07-16-2006, 02:26 PM
but wasn't your car the only car in the driveway? wouldn't they find out about it sooner or later?

parents won't home, only friend. And the damage was nothing, indented the rear bumper just a tad bit.

Your insurance group must love you!!

yeah thats me, but my insurance agent is a great friend of mine. he knows everything i do lol, the true story to. he tries to keep it down the best he can lol.

Dayclone
07-16-2006, 02:30 PM
Doesn't your insurance go up if you report it to your
insurance?

Steve

retro-steve
07-16-2006, 02:36 PM
if you acutally got out and inspected the other car and found nothing wrong then it's no big deal. sometimes one car gets $1,000 damage and the other gets nothing, it's just the way it works. if there's absolutely no damage on the other car then don't leave a note, that's the worst thing you can do since most people are greedy and report every slight damage on their car as a cause by you. i hate people...but if there is damage, always leave a note

vigger
07-20-2006, 03:55 PM
russ another faggity move...

Thaco
07-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by retro-steve
if you acutally got out and inspected the other car and found nothing wrong then it's no big deal. sometimes one car gets $1,000 damage and the other gets nothing, it's just the way it works. if there's absolutely no damage on the other car then don't leave a note, that's the worst thing you can do since most people are greedy and report every slight damage on their car as a cause by you. i hate people...but if there is damage, always leave a note

reguardless of the extent, even if it's the tiniest scratch it does not matter because you caused it so you should fix it... and with some new cars it's possible for the bumper cover to pop back out and look fine but the plastic bumper underneath could be damaged and the strenght of it compromised... you should leave a note reguardless and it's the other persons descretion wether they follow up on it or not, not yours.

They can be as picky as they want because guess what, It's your fault

SilverBoost
07-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Funny, I was thinking about this thread the other day when I was looking at the back of a COBALT. Man, that whole back end is like one piece... wouldn't want to back that one up into anything by accident. Or worse, own one, and come out to find it dented in... that shit must cost a fortune to replace.