PDA

View Full Version : Websites for JDM auctions of vehicle to import..

yohan4ws
07-16-2006, 06:02 PM
I've been getting antsy lately because I'd love to have a 92 JDM Honda Prelude.... stock jdm headlights, fog lights, 4ws and vtec from factory, climate control, possible SRS stereo and whatever else... all already done ... that and it'll be half the kilo's on the chassy as I have ... and with any luck, body kit etc.... so enough about that, this is reference primarily for but will post sites as I find them for others:

Anybody know of any euro places?

**links removed **

yohan4ws
10-25-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm bumping this .. because i often find myself going back to it

yohan4ws
11-30-2007, 07:59 PM
WTF ??? why were the links removed ?

japancar
12-04-2007, 04:39 AM
We have an auction site and buy from Japanese auctions. We're a sponsor here too.

Japan Car Exports in Nagoya Japan

T-Dubbs
12-04-2007, 08:45 AM
importconcern.ca?

92_VTEC_lude
12-04-2007, 09:04 AM
How about this PRELUDE?http://66.49.219.41/images/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!F118606590.jpg
http://66.49.219.41/images/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!R118606590.jpg

I would love to find out which side skirt and rear lip that car has since it looks good with a HIRO front lip on it. And I had a full HIRO lip kit on my 1992 PRELUDE akready.

there is more pictures on
http://tyeeimports.com/
they are based in Campbell River, B.C.
Sorry I never buy any car from them so I can not give you good or bad rating, but my friends who lives in Vancouver did buy a JDM RX7 and JDM Skyline GTR from them last summer, and they said they actually saw and test drove the car b4 handed over the cash for them, and one of my friend is thinking of putting down deposit for one of their 1993 Toyota Supra MK4 Twin Turbo.
It maybe worth a fly down there to check them out during Xmas time or give them a call....

yohan4ws
12-21-2007, 02:21 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Graham_A_M
12-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Do not go to JDMconnection, their cars are all crashed-repairs or some other very un-desirable form of Write-off... then they turn around and ask a PREMIUM for them. I found a 89 All-trac that was in great shape for $6,900. that was the only good deal I've ever found there, most of their stock are just unwanted turds with some severe body damage or elusive mechanical problem that numerous people I've met have ended up with...its best to avoid them completely
but www.j-specimports.ca is a damn good site too... as well as importconcern and terra2imports

good luck!

:)

gpomp
12-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

canadiandaytona
12-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Does anyone import motorbikes?

mx73someday
12-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by canadiandaytona
Does anyone import motorbikes?

The same rule applies, it has to be 15 years old, but most importers who import via container should be able to do it for you, the problem is finding a source for them as most companies are geared towards finding cars.

Wehbeast
12-23-2007, 02:40 PM
I've been looking to import a older Mercedes-Benz, but can't find anyone to deal with. I tried contacting JapanCar on here he takes forever to reply :thumbsdow

CivicTunr
12-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Wehbeast
I've been looking to import a older Mercedes-Benz, but can't find anyone to deal with. I tried contacting JapanCar on here he takes forever to reply :thumbsdow

go to jdm auto garage a.k.a jdm source, shoaib is a great guy to deal w/ and should be able to help you out, if not find someone who has a good rep to help you.

300zxfairlday
12-23-2007, 03:02 PM
i used jdmconnection and it went pretty good for me, Got 2 cars from them , awsome service, and cars were clean and in good condition. Guy named will there is a nice guy :thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
12-23-2007, 03:12 PM
^ your lucky!!!!

^ These guys USED to import Japanese bikes, but the link is down. They mainly deal in 400cc and smaller bikes, but thats great as you can get a VFR400R from them, or a Ninja 400 etc.

too bad though, some of their prices make it more cost effective to buy a late ninties 600 or something.
$4500 for a '89 GSXR400... no thanks:nut:

There are a few others, but dont call Redline imports, or any of the other CAR importing companies in Alberta. None of them will bring in a bike for you, they only deal in cars & trucks (I've asked)

A790
12-23-2007, 03:18 PM
My issue is that most importing companies don't offer any way to contact them aside from e-mail. And, out of the five or so that I've e-mailed, only ImportConcern has EVER written back. I did get an e-mail back from one guy (a call actually) to let me know they weren't in business anymore...heh.

badatusrnames
12-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by 300zxfairlday
i used jdmconnection and it went pretty good for me, Got 2 cars from them , awsome service, and cars were clean and in good condition. Guy named will there is a nice guy :thumbsup:

:werd: Will is awesome to deal with and always replied within a few hours to e-mails and had no problem having me give him a call to discuss things with him.

All in all, I found him very honest about the condition of the vehicle I was buying and very knowledgeable about the whole process. He was more than willing to do some "hand holding" and help a noob with the process and always answered all of my questions to the fullest, including questions about the inspection and registration process.

I elected for them to handle the oop inspection for me, and his business partner is a licensed mechanic, so they can take care of any work that needs to be done. This eliminated the hassle of trying to find someone here to do it. They also had someone in Japan look over the car before I purchased it (making sure it runs fine, checking for leaks, and checking the condition of the suspension, tires and brakes, more pictures) for no extra cost. Again Will was honest about the condition of the car, and everything was as described.

I'm not sure where the rep about them selling crappy cars comes from. I got my car off of the broker section of their site, and I noticed that several companies had the exact same cars listed in their broker sections as well (the one I ended up getting from them was also listed on importconcern's site). I would think that the probability of getting a lemon would be equally likely with any importer if you go that route.

Of course, buying any car sight unseen is a gamble, but I'm happy with the result I got.

300zxfairlday
12-24-2007, 01:14 AM
^^^^ Yes and like you said , He responds to Emails very quickly weather it be one a day or a 20 . You call him he answers or calls back asap. I would reccomend jdmconnections but every ones got there own oppinions