PDA

View Full Version : Need an appraisal value... but where?

ecstasy_civic
07-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Im looking to get an idea of what this car is worth, problem is, I cant find an online place that goes back to 92'.

If anyone knows of any, or the BOOK VALUE of what a 92' Integra RS with some body damage goes for, id appreciate it:thumbsup:

freakin
07-17-2006, 12:07 PM
How bad is the damage? If the car is in decent shape otherwise and under 200,000KM, then it's likely worth around $2,000. If you're trying to price it before you buy it, just check the autotrader online and compare pricing. Then figure out what it's going to cost to fix the car and subtract that from it's value.

Stoppie
07-17-2006, 12:20 PM
its hard to get book values for older car's. there is a book value website for cars in canada but you can only get as low as 1997. Try going to your local bank, they will be able to tell you the book value because they have a list when giving loans towards cars.

ecstasy_civic
07-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by freakin
How bad is the damage? If the car is in decent shape otherwise and under 200,000KM, then it's likely worth around $2,000. If you're trying to price it before you buy it, just check the autotrader online and compare pricing. Then figure out what it's going to cost to fix the car and subtract that from it's value.

Well, its got a HUGE dent in the door, and its starting to rust pretty bad in the wheel wells, about 215K, the car is for my gf.
The story behind it is its my aunts car, and last month she said I could buy the car for $1000 because they wouldnt get anything for a trade in, well apparently they found a number in KBB and it was $2500-2900

The car is by no means in good shape, physically, mechanically it is. So im trying to get an idea of what it is worth realistically, and gauging the price through the trader isnt really going to help me because im "getting a deal"

Just looking for what the black book value is.

rc2002
07-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Black book won't have a value for it if it's older than 10 years. It'd be so close to zero that it wouldn't matter.

Well if you're getting a deal, why don't you check out what they're selling for in the market and knock some off of it. I wouldn't pay more than $1500 for it.

You could try the gold book maybe? You can find it at your public library...

ecstasy_civic
07-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Black book won't have a value for it if it's older than 10 years. It'd be so close to zero that it wouldn't matter.

Well if you're getting a deal, why don't you check out what they're selling for in the market and knock some off of it. I wouldn't pay more than $1500 for it.

You could try the gold book maybe? You can find it at your public library...
Well, ive checked all the FS ads in the trader/buysell and theyre more than what she wants lol so that doesnt help me.

I told her I wouldnt pay more than $1500 for it, just not anymore than that.

Thanks for the black book info, didnt know that.:thumbsup:

AzN'SKillZ
07-17-2006, 08:56 PM
i say dont do it!!

in the first place dosent seem like that good of a deal. for a k maybe but anymore then 1500 is just to much.

i say dont do it cuz its family and money tends to make things sour between ppl. so its best not to let money come between u guys!

edit: 2500-2900 sounds about right if there wernt any damages so im guess probly around 2 k would be a reasonable market price

theken
07-17-2006, 09:09 PM
http://www.kbb.com/