PDA

View Full Version : What are 240sx ragtops worth these days??

ReasonOne
07-18-2006, 06:52 AM
I just recently discovered that a 5-speed '92 240SX LE convertible will be coming my way. A friend of the family had it stashed in a barn on his property for over 3 years. He drove it maybe a day or two a month and spent the bulk of his time out of the country for work purposes. I believe the previous owner was his father, who owned it for as long as he can remember (he told me it might have been bought by his uncle new).

This guy was into me for a big debt that dates back to our college days and he settled up using this car. I called him up today and he confirmed that it was indeed a 5-speed ragtop, fully loaded with leather seats and a digital speedometer that reflects off the windshield (?!?) :confused: Sounds like a HUD to me? He also confirms that this car was never automatic and that it was always a 5-speed car as far as he can remember.

I have to collect it in 2-3 weeks when I have the time so I wanted to know what I was getting myself into as I am not familiar with 240's. I just wanted to know if I got my money's worth. That's why I was putting this question to the board. Is it a fake or a real one? It sounds pretty authentic to me. What are they worth? If it does need minor work or extensive work, is it worth fixing? Can I get a few more opinions, please?

Thanks a lot everyone.

Vietsta
07-18-2006, 06:58 AM
well first of all, how much does he own you

3G
07-18-2006, 12:30 PM
and how many k on it

msommers
07-18-2006, 12:43 PM
And unless he did a 5-speed swap, it should be automatic. I'd say with about 120,000km's on it, in mint mint condition, probably 8000-9000 since 240's seem to be in big demand right now