PDA

View Full Version : wisdom teeth

KuruptEX
07-18-2006, 05:57 PM
damn i went in and got
all 4 wisdom teeth pulled:(
didnt hurt at all but im bleeding like crazy and cant shut my mouth
and when ever i replace the swabs i have like a waterfall full of blood
is all this normal? and how long will my mouth be frozen for this stuff is annoying me cant eat cant drink:thumbsdown
is all this normal?

forkdork
07-18-2006, 06:05 PM
yes it's all normal. Freezing will last for a couple hours. Take Tylenol BEFORE the freezing wears off.
Keep your mouth clean to avoid infection.
DO NOT use a straw to drink as it will rip out the stitches and cause further complication. To drink something just like tilt your head back, pour it in to your mouth, and then swallow.
It will bleed for a long time but the bleeding will slow down as time progresses.
Rinse your mouth out with water regularly to keep the bacteria and shit outta there.

Hope that helps.

KuruptEX
07-18-2006, 06:07 PM
okay awesome thanks dman
drinking is soo ahrd never knew it was this hard:thumbsdow

glennc
07-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Consider yourself lucky. I had to go into surgery to get mine out. Growing upside down, hitting nerves. I had bleeding for about 1 month or more, and i had HUGE drilled holes to wash out with a syringe.

They had to drill thru jaw bone (since teeth werent erupted) and pulverize them.

I still have no feeling in the right side of my face. Permenant nerve damage.

Its normal. I got lucky that they didnt really do much to my gums other then cut a flap.

Number one on your agenda: KEEP THEM CLEAN! if they dirty you can get dry socket, thats a whole nother world of pain.

My holes were so big one time I flushed 3 peas out with my syringe. It was 3 months of hell.

KuruptEX
07-18-2006, 06:35 PM
O M G but they stitched it up:D
man i juss want the freezing to go away so i can eat yummy food:clap:

adam c
07-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by KuruptEX
O M G but they stitched it up:D
man i juss want the freezing to go away so i can eat yummy food:clap:

oh man...
u cant eat..

it hurt so much trying to eat bread i almost cried

BerserkerCatSplat
07-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by glennc

Number one on your agenda: KEEP THEM CLEAN! if they dirty you can get dry socket, thats a whole nother world of pain.

This is golden advice, keep that shit clean. Dry socket is awful, even the Tylenol doesn't stop the pain.

adam c
07-18-2006, 07:07 PM
dont be surpirsed if u throw up.. ur gonna swallow blood when u sleep and also make sure u put a cover on ur pillow cause blood will drain from ur mouth..

lucky for me i didnt bleed all that much. but they did give me to much sleeping gas, they couldnt wake me up and when they did i was pretty much sleep walking.. i almost walked into a truck on the way back to my moms car then i slept for another 3 hours or so.

plus they had to crack my jaw to get my wisdom teeth out so i couldnt really eat for a couple days

KuruptEX
07-18-2006, 07:09 PM
im running to the washroom every 5 minutes cleaning it
and spitting out the saliva but running out of the swabs
damn lol

adam c
07-18-2006, 07:24 PM
take cotton swabs, put them where the holes are and bite down. it puts pressure on and lessens the bleeding. it wont stop but u wont run to the bathroom every 5 minutes

KuruptEX
07-18-2006, 07:30 PM
thats what im doing but blood keeps leaking out and i
feel anything unless if i look down lol and it feels so weird
when i take them out and put new ones in atleast i got
it over with phew

DJ Lazy
07-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Honestly you probably DON'T want the freezing to stop... cuz that's when you will feel the pain... Take some STRONG fuckin pain killers man... :thumbsup:

KuruptEX
07-18-2006, 07:35 PM
im taking tylenol 3

whoa whoa whoa

theres gonna be pain after the freezing is gone?
i wasnt informed about this by my dentist lmfao damnnn
exactly how much pain?

adam c
07-18-2006, 07:37 PM
mine hurt so much i couldnt even eat bread.. the next morning i could barely eat pancakes.. its gonna be soup for a day or 2

KuruptEX
07-18-2006, 07:38 PM
mmmm soup like chunky soup lol?
or chicken noodle soup lol

DJ Lazy
07-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by KuruptEX
mmmm soup like chunky soup lol?
or chicken noodle soup lol

More like tomato soup, or chicken broth... :rofl:

v2kai
07-18-2006, 07:46 PM
question....if theyre just growing out at a slight angle can i just get em yanked at the dentist?

KuruptEX
07-18-2006, 07:49 PM
damn dj lazy did u have to say tomato soup my mom
read that and said shes gonna make sure i drink that lol
im making sure i get some chunky too

adam c
07-18-2006, 07:50 PM
chicken soup. dont want to have to chew anything

GQBalla
07-18-2006, 08:44 PM
mine hurt so bad - but i ate that same day as my surgery because i was so damn hungry!!

i ate kfc and rice

adam c
07-18-2006, 08:50 PM
i was hungry too.. but i bit down on a piece of bread, and almost cried.. but im sure it had to do with having my jaw cracked for the surgery aswell

KuruptEX
07-18-2006, 10:27 PM
yay my freezing is finally gone and almost everything
is okay but theres still pain on the left side
:thumbsdow
could this pain be because of some sort of infection?
(i originally had pain in the left side of my mouth thats how
i knew i had to go to the dentist)

shawtie
07-18-2006, 11:06 PM
I hated when I got mine out cause putting those swabs in my mouth made me gag....ugh just thinking about it makes me gag

GQBalla
07-19-2006, 03:24 AM
your left side probably still hurts because theres never damage - youll just have to bear with it -

and adam-c .... they had to crack your jaw....

ouch......that must sting.

codo
07-19-2006, 05:17 AM
Meh I got a few days off work which I was kinda stoked about but painful as fuck cause they had to cut into the jaw bone or something, but the syringe thing is retarded i hated getting food stuck in those holes, do you have a syringe?

2000_SI
08-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Wow... I must have been lucky. Before and after my extraction I had to get a DDAVP injection to help my blood coagulate, so so far i have only used 2 bandages and they arnt really bleeding no more....

I hope it lasts