PDA

View Full Version : Oilers

littledan
04-14-2003, 02:10 AM
Any oilers fans on here besides me?.. I know most people on this board are from calgary but just wondering... The game tonight was awesome! I predict edmonton in 6 games...

sexualbanana
04-14-2003, 02:13 AM
like most calgarians, i prefer the flames over the oilers. but since the oilers are in the playoffs and flames aren't, i'm cheering for the upset.

James
04-14-2003, 04:25 AM
Since the Flames are horrible( and ive never really cheared for them ever)...i wouldnt mind seeing the Oilers make it far in the playoffs. As long as they keep playing like they did in the 3rd period of tonights game, they should do just fine!

davidI
04-14-2003, 08:15 AM
I'd love to see any of the Canadian teams go on so I'm definately cheering for the oil!

hjr
04-14-2003, 12:07 PM
yay oil. That was te best game i have seen in a while. really exciting.

Wildcat
04-14-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
like most calgarians, i prefer the flames over the oilers. but since the oilers are in the playoffs and flames aren't, i'm cheering for the upset.

Like most calgarians i prefer almost anything over the flames, hahaha honestly tho; dead last?? im rooting for some upsets too, judging by the way the playoffs are goin, id say thers gonna be lots of em!

Actually i wouldnt mind if vancouver made it far, bertuzzi is the shit! But im definetly cheerin for a canadian team to bring home the cup

GO LEAFS! :D

ecstasyracer
04-14-2003, 12:25 PM
Becuase the oilers are trying to have as many albertans on there team I am definetly a fan, plus they do so much better than the flames.

R-Audi
04-14-2003, 12:38 PM
My two favorite teams are the Calgary Flames, and whoever plays the Edmonton Oilers.
Spoken like a true Calgarian. Oh, they wern't last, they were 12 in the division, which is far from last, seeing that the Western division is most likely the toughest.
Lower placing=better draft pick!
One day, oh one day we will have our revenge. We've won the last two seasons series if that counts for anything........:D

Wildcat
04-14-2003, 12:54 PM

Ya, but knowing craig button, he'll fuck it all up
He's gotta go seriously, He's the cinder block tied around the flames ankles

hjr
04-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi

that hasnt helped the flames yet, and they have been crappy for a good while now.

4G63Power
04-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

He is gone :)

SI-vic
04-14-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

Craig Button was fired just recently.... Darryl Sutter is the new GM of the Flames.

Oilers played a fantastic game last night, they showed that they can compete in the playoffs......
I just want to see Laraque fight, I've never seen him fight once yet and he's supposedly the toughest guy in the NHL!

5.9 R/T
04-14-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by SI-vic

I just want to see Laraque fight, I've never seen him fight once yet and he's supposedly the toughest guy in the NHL!

The guy is a one man wrecking crew! During the regular season you would see pussy players literally back away from him or stand by the ref just so they wouldn't have to fight him. He's also impossible to take down 1 on 1. Next time they play watch him in the corners, it always takes at least two guys to take him off the puck.

R-Audi
04-14-2003, 01:45 PM
The only problem with Laraque, is tha he has La"raque" hands.....
See him on the breakaway? Smooth, real Smooth.

The Flames draft picks have actually been pretty good, we just haven't kept the players long enough for them to mature
examples: JS Gigeure(sp) Martin St.Louis, Dwayne Roloson etc
these players may not have been all drafted, but we did have them at one point.

hjr
04-14-2003, 02:02 PM
there was only one person I saw who took it to laraque. the 7 foot tall russian on the blackhawks. he put laraque in a headlock. it was funny cause i didnt realize how big the russain was at first (like a whole head above laraque)

max_boost
04-14-2003, 02:33 PM

The Flames draft picks have actually been pretty good, we just haven't kept the players long enough for them to mature
examples: JS Gigeure(sp) Martin St.Louis, Dwayne Roloson etc
these players may not have been all drafted, but we did have them at one point.

Yah it is too bad because the Flames don't have time to develop players! They throw them in there, if you suck, your gone! haha

Look at Daniel Tkahuk, Rico Fata, Chris Dingman, Trevor Kidd

Anyway, we could of had Sergei Samsonov instead of Tkachuk, Martin Brodeur instead of Kidd! Imagine if we had Brodeur, holy fcuk we be in the playoffs no matter what! Broduer and Gigeure, killer combo! Anyway, bad luck, oh well!

And last night's Oilers game was intense! That is what I call playoff hockey. We need another battle of Alberta playoff series, that be crazy!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SI-vic
04-14-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Next time they play watch him in the corners, it always takes at least two guys to take him off the puck.

Yah I noticed this, like last nights game, the goal he scored, it was all pure power.
I did notice that it takes about 2 or 3 guys to take him down...

If Edmonton can play this way all through out the series, they'll win.
Vancouver vs. St.Louis
Ottawa in New York
Philly in Toronto

Should be 3 great games!!

max_boost
04-14-2003, 02:50 PM
If the Stars don't win Game 4.....things will be really interesting :D If they do, the Oilers are done.....Stars are too good :D

Wildcat
04-14-2003, 07:15 PM
HOLY FUCK!?! BUTTON IS GONE???

Damn, i didnt know that!!! There is a God after all!!
Does this mean Sutter is taking over GM and coaching detail at the same time like Pat Quin? Or is ther word of a new coach?
Sounds like the flames have hope after all :D

R-Audi
04-14-2003, 07:17 PM
Sutter is the Head Coach and GM. Hopefully he will work out. Lanny McDonald quit as well. I guess he wanted to be the GM. I am glad they didn't giver the job to another rookie GM. I know technically Sutter is a rookie GM as well, but having his experience as a coach gives him the advantage.

Wildcat
04-14-2003, 07:36 PM
Shit Lanny is gone too... thats pretty sad :(

Speed_Dreams
04-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Since the Flames aren't in the Playoffs then its go Canada Edmonton Vancouver and Ottawa......but since my favorite team is who evers beating the leafs go philly go!!!! :clap:

Wildcat
04-14-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
Since the Flames aren't in the Playoffs then its go Canada Edmonton Vancouver and Ottawa......but since my favorite team is who evers beating the leafs go philly go!!!! :clap:

ooo... I reckon dem be fightin werds partner... :D
haha, jk GO LEAFS!!!!!

mischief
04-14-2003, 10:23 PM
Sutter is the Head Coach and GM. Hopefully he will work out. Lanny McDonald quit as well. I guess he wanted to be the GM. I am glad they didn't giver the job to another rookie GM. I know technically Sutter is a rookie GM as well, but having his experience as a coach gives him the advantage.

Umm Lanny has be the GM for canada for the WHC for the past two years. He was also involved with the olympic team last year as well. I think he has a bit more experience than Sutter as the GM.

R-Audi
04-14-2003, 11:20 PM
I don't know if I think that being the GM for the WHC is the same thing as NHL, having your choice of any player around, and having a limited supply is different. WHo better to know what kind of player will fit into the system then the coach?
The Olympics doesn't really give him that much experience either. Not Really a team that they needed to trade with, or negotiate contracts etc.

SI-vic
04-14-2003, 11:25 PM
I don't know if I think that being the GM for the WHC is the same thing as NHL, having your choice of any player around, and having a limited supply is different. WHo better to know what kind of player will fit into the system then the coach?
The Olympics doesn't really give him that much experience either. Not Really a team that they needed to trade with, or negotiate contracts etc.

:werd:

with the WHC, i dont think its the same at all.
with the NHL, its so much more stressing, its so hard to get contracts, its hard all around....
what role did lanny play for the flames??
i didnt know he was part of the flames org.

lammer
04-14-2003, 11:29 PM
I hope Sutter does a better job as GM than mr.button over there..well actually im sure anyone could do better. I hope that sutter turns the team around with better choices. the flames do have some what of potential..just that someone has to bring it out.

sexualbanana
04-14-2003, 11:33 PM
ok, i don't think half those players that u mentioned as missed picks would have developed the way they have if they had been in calgary.

we've had great picks, but they just take longer to develop because we don't have the veterans in place to help them. look at datsyuk. he's a great player, but i'm certain that he wouldn't be as good as he is now without the players he has helping him. shanny, zerma, hull, federov, lidstrom, larionov.

unfortunately with the number of missed playoffs piling up, calgary can't afford to have the patience that other teams take for granted.

we take inexperienced rookies. throw them into a much faster and much more physical game and expect them to adapt without a problem.

Wildcat
04-14-2003, 11:40 PM
I think one (of many) problems is that some of the players drafted to the flames dont put out a full effort in a sleezy excuse to be traded, perfect example; Neidemier (probly not spelled right) i havent seem him hustle this much evvvvvver when he played for the flames, hes not the only one i think theres lots of sellouts who bitch because theyre team isnt good instead of trying to make it better :thumbsdow

lammer
04-14-2003, 11:58 PM
i think turek is a cheap-o
haha he played hard first year got hsi contract and started to slack off..but thats the way i see it.
it might be the defence but what do i know..

SI-vic
04-15-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

we've had great picks, but they just take longer to develop because we don't have the veterans in place to help them. look at datsyuk. he's a great player, but i'm certain that he wouldn't be as good as he is now without the players he has helping him. shanny, zerma, hull, federov, lidstrom, larionov.

And this is the reason why Iginla, Conroy, and Drury are so important to the team....
I really hope these 3 stay in Calgary for a few seasons...
They are players that Calgary cannot let go.

theken
04-15-2003, 03:16 AM
i hope detroit gets upset so i can shut my buddy up who is obsesed with them. if he had the chance he would make love to the whole damn team. i want van to win :thumbsup:

5.9 R/T
04-15-2003, 04:59 AM

Didn't catch the breakaway, but laraque does have hands of stone. His role isn't a finess player though, his role is enforcer, and he plays that role very well. With his size and strength on the puck he creates opertunities for his linemates, look at the last game against calgary, the only edmonton goal was a PP with laraque sitting right in front of the net cause no one could move him. Anyways, if any of you can remember back to the oiler dynasty in the late 80s you will remember a guy named dave semenko, another great enforcer. It would be curious to see these two go at it if both were in their prime.

R-Audi
04-15-2003, 09:09 AM
I beleive Lanny was the executive director.

As for Turek being a Cheap O, its more like Wine O

Wildcat
04-15-2003, 11:19 AM
I beleive Lanny was the executive director.

As for Turek being a Cheap O, its more like Wine O

true that :thumbsup:

REFLUX
04-15-2003, 04:03 PM
what's a hockey???

Troy
04-15-2003, 04:15 PM
a guy that runs around with a bun on his head

ZED_24
04-15-2003, 04:15 PM
i've seen Jody Shelley from columbus put up a good fight against Laraque, but i'd say he is definitely one of the toughest around the league.

i'm goin with the team nobody thinks will make it..... OTTAWA baby! :clap:

redx2nv
04-15-2003, 10:33 PM
i've met jodi shelly, actually he is my buddies brother hah...huge mofo too.

ZED_24
04-16-2003, 09:00 AM
haha that's cool, my buddy is friends with him, they played junior hockey and grew up together in halifax. yeah he is fuckin big.

Wildcat
04-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Brad Isbister is a huge mofo too, his lil brother goes to my school