PDA

View Full Version : Creatine...not the same old question

pinoyhero
07-18-2006, 08:22 PM
I used the product about 7 years ago and had some amssive weight gains and some decent strength gains as well. Problem was that one I got off of it I lost nearly all the weight and strength. I'm trying to pack on mass and want a bit more push aside from my regiment of power, bars, BCAAs glutamine and EFAs. My question is...is creatine "these days" any different or is it still the smae bloody rollercoaster product it has always been?

Further for lean mass gain, anything else "legal" anyone thinks I'm missing from my regiment (and yes, I'm eating like I should be).

I'm sitting at a pretty lean 175lbs. at 5'8

civic_rida
07-18-2006, 09:53 PM
the reason why u lose lots of weight when you go off creatine is cause the weight that you gain is mostly water.

EK 2.0
07-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
I'm sitting at a pretty lean 175lbs. at 5'8

it's bekhause ito si pinoy...;)

pinoyhero
07-19-2006, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by civic_rida
the reason why u lose lots of weight when you go off creatine is cause the weight that you gain is mostly water.

I knew that much about the supplement, but like I said in my original question...is the weight loss the same as it as was with the product 7 years ago?

pinoyhero
07-19-2006, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

it's bekhause ito si pinoy...;)

LOL, thanks

bulaian
07-19-2006, 08:38 AM
The ones i've taken in the past 2 years or so... XXL and Krush have been good for gaining size and I didn't seem to lose much, if anything after going off of them(while continuing to train of course)

pinoyhero
07-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by bulaian
The ones i've taken in the past 2 years or so... XXL and Krush have been good for gaining size and I didn't seem to lose much, if anything after going off of them(while continuing to train of course)

Thanks for the info, how many months were you on it?

I was thinking about a couple months worth, any suggestions as to the best brands out there, I want something pure rather than BSN Xplode or NOXCG3. Money isn't as much of an object, 55vs80 bucks isnt an issue for me if there's a quality difference

dub_c
07-20-2006, 05:39 AM
you actually noticde antying from glutamine? all the research i've came across on that stuff is from burn patients and shit, as far as im concerned it doesn't work.

look into CEE and kre-alkalyn, although I still believe basic creatine monohydrate works fine. Heres a recent exerpt from mesomorphosis.com...

creatine Q: There are so many people telling me different ways to take creatine monohydrate that I had to get some expert advice. I want to gain some muscle but not put on a lot of fat. Does it really matter how I take the stuff? Help!

A: For Creatine supplementation to result in an increase in strength and protein synthesis, the cellular concentration level must reach 20 MMOL/KG DM. During a 5 day loading periods with a high glycemic carbohydrate such as Dextrose and Creatine, the level reaches MMOL/KG DM. When Creatine levels increase in muscle cells, the active Creatine transporters are down-regulated, so less Creatine is transported. This could be avoided if the Creatine is fortified with the Creatine substrate 3-guanidinopropionate. Second, Creatine cannot be diffused across the muscle cell membrane without the co-transports of sodium and chloride ions to cause enough electrical charge to transport the Creatine. (Table salt) Other up-regulators of Creatine transport are Clenbuterol and Ephedrine as well as T-3 thyroid hormone. These are quite potent transporters to say the least. Of course, Insulin (Humulin) and IGF-1 are very effective Creatine transporters. Though Dextrose is an excellent trigger for Insulin release there is a higher glycemic carbohydrate. Malt extracts contain a mixture of maltodextrins, glucose, and dextrose which are made of glucose chains of 3-7 gycosyl units. And guess what? The small intestines absorb glucose chains containing 3-7 gycosyl units much faster than dextrose. This means a higher and stronger Insulin spike. So barley malt extract or maltodextrin is a better carb choice and can be utilized in lower levels than 75 GMs per dose. Whey protein also creates an Insulin spike which can prolong the spike from high glycemic carbs. By the way, caffeine intake over 400 MG daily, as well as the isoflavone genistein in soy protein inhibit creatine transport. Genistein inhibits tyrosine kinases which is necessary for nutrient transport.

The body has 3 periods when creatine uptake is highest: After a nights sleep, the body is in a fasted stated due to a period of natural GH pulses (about half of your daily total GH production is released during the first 4 hours of sleep) and a prolonged period without nutrients. This results in an up-regulation of nutrient transporters and enzymes which favor intramuscular uptake of nutrients, including Creatine.

When Creatine is ingested 45-90 minutes before a work-out, an athlete can take advantage of the training induced increases in blood flow to muscle tissue to transport essential nutrients across muscle cell membranes. (This also acts as a buffer to lactic acid) Since high intensity work-outs trigger the release of adrenal hormones such as Epinephrine and Norepinephrine, the cellular uptake of nutrients is improved.

Within the first 45-90 minutes following an intense work-out, the body is in a very nutrient receptive state. Heavy training reduces muscle glycogen stores (glycogen comes from blood sugars such as carbs) and receptor-sites for nutrients become sensitive. This means the body is in a catabolic state requiring nutrient supply. Several storage enzymes are up- regulated and creatine (CP) levels are lower which of course means intramuscular nutrient storage ability is at a high level. It also means the muscle cells need ATP regeneration.

So what was the best Creatine mixture currently available?

16-32 OZ of water 300 MG of Lipoic Acid and/or 50 MG of D-Pinitol

5-10 G of Creatine A source of 3-guanidinopropionate

250-500 MG of salt 4-25 G of Glutamine

25 G of Malt Extract 30 G-50 G of whey protein

bulaian
07-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by pinoyhero

Thanks for the info, how many months were you on it?

I was thinking about a couple months worth, any suggestions as to the best brands out there, I want something pure rather than BSN Xplode or NOXCG3. Money isn't as much of an object, 55vs80 bucks isnt an issue for me if there's a quality difference

about 3 months... after i'm done with krush i'm going to try some bsn myself... nitrix and no-explode. we'll see how that goes

dub_c
07-20-2006, 11:03 AM
don't weaste your money on the no explode. biggest scam ever.

pinoyhero
07-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by dub_c

Then what product specifically do you suggest, I assuming I believe you more than the masses that buy and swear by the product.

dub_c
07-20-2006, 07:07 PM
damn women,

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=789988

you're welcome.

pinoyhero
07-21-2006, 09:38 AM
THanks for the write up...

recommendation on a creatine product?

Impreza
07-21-2006, 09:56 AM

Really? I have had great results with xplode. The pumps are insane!

pinoyhero
07-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Impreza

Really? I have had great results with xplode. The pumps are insane!

I've heard that from a couple of people, but are pumps all that graety, I mean they're kinda cool for a bit I guess but I'm looking for overall increased size not just a short term crank.

civic_rida
07-21-2006, 07:11 PM
some creatine also claims great pumps.
for example Swole V2

pinoyhero
07-24-2006, 06:08 AM
So is this product not cycled anymore? DO you just keep taking it, seems like that could get expensive...

civic_rida
07-24-2006, 10:40 AM
id cycle it just so your body doesnt get use to it.

Unknown303
07-26-2006, 09:14 AM

When i was working out lots i was using NOXplode and i thought the pumps were great. I'd be increasing my weights every other day, was getting insane.

Although it could just be all in my head. Who really knows. seems like every article is funded by some group trying to make a profit or bash another product.

itsnotaDUB
07-29-2006, 05:33 AM
after being in the suppliment business, my favorite product has to be H-Blocker it gives the best pump ive had off over the counter creatine style product it isnt creatine but similar its been awhile so i dont remember much about it but really amazing i got everyone at SunRidge WHC hooked, lol