PDA

View Full Version : Custom body work

topher91
04-14-2003, 10:31 AM
OK, I'm reaching out to you guys in here for some help........I wanna do some custom side skirts and side panels to my 91 hatch as there is not to many nice options for my ride!! Here is a pic of what I want the side panels and skirts to look like:thumbsup: . So if anybody can help me out here, oh and I dun have much $$ to spend so I'm looking for some charity work (heheh) **but not for free I will pay** or someone who's looking for a challenge?!

Illusionsir
04-14-2003, 12:13 PM
The best thing to do is buy the pieces you like from that civic hatchback and modify them to fit your car.

topher91
04-14-2003, 04:47 PM
But that's the thing, they don't sell it anywhere......Assylumms has it there in their pic but they don't sell it?? I need someone to help me fabricate one somehow?!:dunno:
I don't know how to do any of this kind of mods myself so that's why I'm seeking help?!:eek: !!!

Blue Devil 2
04-14-2003, 04:52 PM
how is it possible to extend urethane side skirts?

88CRX
04-14-2003, 04:52 PM
to be able to afford custom fenders / side skirts like that you'll have to pitch out a very hefty chunk of coin if you can even find someone to do that.

air_mikey
04-14-2003, 04:55 PM
are those mustang side vents?

topher91
04-14-2003, 06:32 PM
Ya they look like mustang side vents.....very similar but by the looks of it, its not as a big of an opening like the the stangs....

rice_eater
04-14-2003, 06:44 PM
You could do it yourself for cheap if you give yourself a shitload of time...The first thing you'll have to do is make a mold! I don't know how artistic you are, but you'll need tons if you are gonna do it yourself from scratch. Now a better idea is to borrow some sideskirts from someone and make the mold by copying it. That shouldn't be very hard since you can use somewhat cheap materials from say revy, like gypsum or shit like that...pretty much something that will dry up and harden but not stick to the sideskirts...The mold should be the easy part that should only take a little time...Now to actually make your skirts you're gonna have to give yourself a whole bunch of fiberglass and a shitload of time!!! I cant remember the procedure exactely but it's not hard at all! Just very very time consuming and you need tons of care while doing it....you pretty much lay a lair of fiberglass let it cure for one maybe two days, you get some glue and shit and you do something else (can't remember sorry) and you lay another layer, and again you wait and wait for the thing to cure...you'll need a whole bunch of layers if you want a decent quality piece...I wouldn't recomend you do it yourself...i was actually thinking about making some fiberglass pieces myself for my car but i gave up kinda quick...i was gonna make a hood and attempt to make my own Z3 fenders...supposetly the hood would have been a fluke to do, but really man, it's not worth it...You gotta be super carefull all along the way...I hope you're not thinking about carbon fiber at all coz that shit is a thouseand times harder...If you decide to do it however i wouldn't mind lending a hand if you want. I kinda want to learn myself...:D I hope this kinda helps :thumbsup:

moose_8
04-15-2003, 05:36 PM
be kinda like custom fiberglass boxes?

szw
04-15-2003, 06:02 PM
Dont do it! It'll probably end up looking like a beater!

topher91
04-15-2003, 06:39 PM
I won't do it by myself!!! That's why I'm asking for help:D Cuz I don't want to make it look like a beater!!

rice_eater
04-15-2003, 07:48 PM
why do you say it'll look like a beater? i think it'd look awesome if you take the time and do it properly and once you got a mold done you can customize it in any way you want! WOW! isn't that a new thought. For once having something no one else does:D Look how many civics there are and eventhe customized there's tons everywhere...either way...i thought it'd be an awesome idea. I would have actually most likely tried it if i had time. But to pay some one to do that work for you i think would be stupid expensive. There's a reason why bodykits are so expensive! And it's not coz the materials are expensive :D ...my 2 cents :dunno:

szw
04-15-2003, 08:16 PM
Because when you combine custom, with

oh and I dun have much $$ to spend

You usually end up with

http://forums.beyond.ca/attachment.php?s=&postid=59467

Oh and topher91 I'm not trying to be mean or anything..haha.

topher91
04-16-2003, 09:40 AM
Gimme a break man........wen I mean not a lot of $$, I mean I'm not willing to shell out like 4-5gs to get things done.....!!!:eek: I'm looking more like a couple hundred to like $1500 around there.