PDA

View Full Version : 2002 BMW M3 Coupe

Mr. Grinch
04-14-2003, 02:05 PM
2002 BMW M3. Meticulously maintained, Alpine White, 333HP, 6 speed stick, rear wheel drive, M\\ differential. Harmon Kardon stereo, power moonroof, 18" wheels, BiXenon headlights, halogen fog lights, directional stability control (DSC), ABS, airbags.

Extras:
Power seats including adjustable width and lumbar. M\\ Texture Alcantara interior, High Gloss Shadowline trim, 6 CD changer. 3M Scotchcal paint protection film with full coverage.

Serious offers only. No test pilots. Calgary, 23000kms, $73,000, Ph.(403) 247-9278

http://members.shaw.ca/bmwm3/bmwm3b.jpg

Photos 1 (http://members.shaw.ca/bmwm3/)

Photos 2 (http://members.shaw.ca/grinch/)

B17a
04-14-2003, 02:16 PM
:drool: :drool: Sweet Jesus! I'd give my left nut (and probably the right one) for that car! How's that for an OBO?:thumbsup:

Mr. Grinch
04-14-2003, 02:31 PM
If I ever misplace mine I'll be sure to give you a call :burnout:

ACS-e36
04-14-2003, 03:20 PM
NICE RIDE!:drool: :drool: err i would give second thought bout that nut thing:rofl:

Glenn 328is
04-14-2003, 03:26 PM
Why are you selling? Sweet car by the way.

98type_r
04-14-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Glenn 328is
Why are you selling? Sweet car by the way.

i'm wondering the same thing, i wouldn't ever want to sell it if i had it

Killumanti
04-14-2003, 04:12 PM
Nice car, 2 bad you have to sell it.

Rage
04-14-2003, 04:27 PM
Dennis why are you selling??? Such a sweat ride, maybe Speed-rasir will want to buy it.

Mr. Grinch
04-14-2003, 04:52 PM
I'm selling for financial reasons. My two closest family (who live in Vancouver) hit hard times and I've been helping them out. It actually happened the day I got the car. Mother lost her job, sister required operations for a cyst / fibroid tumor. Talk about bad timing.

I also had a pay cut myself. I am doing OK but I could do a lot more if I sold the car. It's hard to justify keeping an expensive item when you know you could be helping a close family member out with the money.

I definitely hate to sell the car, and that's why I've held on to it for so long. To me, the car looks great without any upgrades. The engine and handling performance is amazing. To really take the car to it's limits, you should look into formal instruction and track time. The one thing I'd like to try some day is SMG II, which was not available in Canada when I put in my order.

I chose Alpine White because it looks good (to me) and it's also a very low-maintenance color. I picked the Alcantara interior because it's much more comfortable than leather. It grips like suede so you don't slip around on it. It's not hot or sweaty in summer or cold in winter. I really like it a lot and wouldn't hesitate to get it in any car. First time I got to sit on Alcantara in a car was in an Audi S8 at the Calgary car show and I liked it right away.

I started looking into this car back in 1999 when I put my first deposit down. During the long wait, I compared it to a lot of other cars, but kept coming back to the M3 and waited for an allocation. It's not easy waiting 2 years for a car!

If I ever get the chance to buy another I would. But I could be married in a few years and priorities change. If Subaru comes out with a Wagon version of the STi that would be a cheaper alternative for me. Still not as powerful or nice looking as an M3 but on the other hand a practical year round daily driver with a bit of grunt. That would let me replace two cars (Accord wagon and M3) with a single one. But who know's what Subaru has planned.

ACS-e36
04-14-2003, 04:59 PM
wow that is a pretty hard decision to sell the car! yikes!!!
iv seen a couple smg's here and there it looks nice! well just the shifter

air_mikey
04-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Grinch
It's hard to justify keeping an expensive item when you know you could be helping a close family member out with the money.

:werd: i think its so harsh when you have an expensive item and a close family member is not doing good at all. very good reason to sell a car. hope you find someone that will buy your car soon man.

B17a
04-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Grinch
I'm selling for financial reasons. My two closest family (who live in Vancouver) hit hard times and I've been helping them out. It actually happened the day I got the car. Mother lost her job, sister required operations for a cyst / fibroid tumor. Talk about bad timing.

You're a good man! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

teknical
04-14-2003, 06:39 PM
If i had the money, id get it. But I'd have to sell one of my kidneys to afford something like that.
But I'm heading down to Las Vegas in a few days with family, if we hit bit enough to get that car, you betcha i will :)

Mr. Grinch
04-22-2003, 08:29 AM
Bump!

Killumanti
04-22-2003, 08:44 AM
You're making the right decisions, cause you can always get another car.

Try Canada trader or something else, not that many peol ehave thta kinda money here, so I think.

Mr. Grinch
04-22-2003, 09:06 AM
You bet, it's listed in Calgary auto trader right now, as well as on Megawheels.

Speed_RaSiR
05-02-2003, 03:38 PM
Damn, and I never got a ride in it, I was able to sit in it for 5 seconds tho :D Such a nice car Denis