PDA

View Full Version : Hi my Windows clocks keeps falling behind??

Importz
07-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi my clock ( buttom right) in my computer keeps falling behind evry half hour or so... do you guys know what is causing this? i have replaced the battery inside my computer and its still doing this....plz help thanks

rage2
07-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Motherboard's fucked.

I had a few computers that did this, just use those internet time sync programs every 5 mins and you'll be in good shape.

Importz
07-21-2006, 02:46 PM
^^hi i am doing that now but it so annyoying....so you saying to fix this problem is to get a new mother board only? no other way??

rage2
07-21-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm not an electrical engineer, so for me, I'd replace the motherboard.

The clock is controlled by a crystal, so prob that crystal is faulty. That'd be my guess.

Boost Infested
07-21-2006, 02:51 PM
GOD DAMN! I was wondering who was fucking with my clock! lol now i know.... :nut:

forced14
07-21-2006, 07:38 PM
I think, but cant remember exactly, but you can replace the CMOS battery on the mother board, I dont think you need to replace the whole board. Probably just go to memory express and ask them, they should be able to get you a new one, and perhaps replace it for you.

Although, if you are already syncronizing with an online one, perhaps its some how messed up. Try not using that, and using the mother board with a replace battery.

--forced

rage2
07-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Its not the battery, battery doesn't control the clock, it's there to remember the time when the system shuts down. Besides, he changed the battery already.

forced14
07-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Its not the battery, battery doesn't control the clock, it's there to remember the time when the system shuts down. Besides, he changed the battery already.

HAHA, yeah I should have read the last sentence, my fault

frostyda9
07-22-2006, 01:12 AM
I have no idea if it's a Dell or not, but you might want to check HERE (http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=us&l=en&s=gen&dn=1060115)
if it is. There are also known issues with Windows 98 and Norton AV, but I am guessing neither of those apply to you.

Importz
07-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9
I have no idea if it's a Dell or not, but you might want to check HERE (http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=us&l=en&s=gen&dn=1060115)
if it is. There are also known issues with Windows 98 and Norton AV, but I am guessing neither of those apply to you.

seems to be working pretty good so far... i downloaded this morning and my time has not fallen behind yet!! lets see what happens after a day or so.... thanks man:)