PDA

View Full Version : Shop bashing threads

Redlyne_mr2
07-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Seems lots of threads coming up lately with people who are bashing local shops right off the bat without trying to resolve the issues with the store first hand. This is making the stores look bad and its because of kids like this who will lead to these stores closing down because word of mouth is the most powerful form of advertising in a small scene. I think any thread regarding this topic shoudl be deleted if the thread starter has not made a sufficient effort to get their matter resolved.

max_boost
07-22-2006, 12:04 PM
I see where you are coming from but more often that not, a shop will get things settled more quickly in an effort to risk damaging their reputation. A little PR goes a long way.

h_s
07-22-2006, 12:12 PM
i think consumers should be aware about some businesses, but it should lead to businesses changing their practices not completely shutting down, the bashing like "they brought my part in 5 days too late" are bs and those topics should be shut down

rage2
07-22-2006, 12:21 PM
We're not going to censor any discussions regarding shops, even if they are sponsors here. That includes both good discussions, and bad discussions (bashing). That's been our rule since day 1, and will continue to be the rule here.

acura_el
07-22-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by rage2
We're not going to censor any discussions regarding shops, even if they are sponsors here. That includes both good discussions, and bad discussions (bashing). That's been our rule since day 1, and will continue to be the rule here.

YES!!! that's why beyond rules! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

speaking of which, i got some beef to settle with a performance shop...i'll post later when im not feeling so lazy

88CRX
07-22-2006, 12:38 PM
I agree with Ryan.... if your gonna come on here and bash a shop you better have tried to talk it over with them before you rant away online, behind your computer monitor. People are making themselves look like idiots

Redlyne_mr2
07-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Yeah Im not saying get rid of these types of threads but these people who come on and complain that their part is taking too long to come in or posting instead of dealing with the matter s what im talking about.

Toms-SC
07-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Yeah Im not saying get rid of these types of threads but these people who come on and complain that their part is taking too long to come in or posting instead of dealing with the matter s what im talking about.

So does this apply to Crazy Cooter's towing? :nut:

Redlyne_mr2
07-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

So does this apply to Crazy Cooter's towing? :nut:
Haha i knew that was going to come up. i took any and all means necessary with that fool