That.Guy.S30
07-23-2006, 12:51 AM
henry
henry singers
harry rosen...
etc

rc2002
07-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Whatever you do, don't buy them on ebay. I bought a fake one off ebay last time - tons of fakes floating around out there.

scat19
07-23-2006, 01:05 AM
Thats the little alligator right?

I have bunch from England back in the day, didnt know they were still around.

max_boost
07-23-2006, 02:19 AM
Should have told me dude! I just came back from the US.

[GaGe]
07-23-2006, 02:24 AM
how can you tell the fake ones from the real ones?

max_boost
07-23-2006, 02:27 AM
^^^^
Not sure.

But this is the first time I've seen you post in years. :rofl: Welcome back :D

a.z13
07-23-2006, 05:16 AM
Whats wrong with Holt. Everytime i go they have like every color in short and long sleeve in most sizes. They have by far the best slection. As for Henry's i went there and I thought they didn't have much of a selection of anything. At the time i was looking for shoes and all they had was adidas. Weirdddddddddddd

AquamosH
07-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Purr on 17th

Best way to tell a fake one from a real one is the crocodile on the front. Real ones have it between the lapel and the first button; fake ones have the croc lined up horizontally with the lapel (plus it looks more fucked up than the croc on real ones).

Proyecto2000
07-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Should have told me dude! I just came back from the US.

$50-$60 at most stores such as Foleys right?

2m0a0x2
07-23-2006, 02:18 PM
SNAP....I did not know Harry Rosen and stufff has them......

Here's a site on how to to tell real from fake:
http://users.actrix.co.nz/dobson/Lacoste/lacoste_polo_authenticity.htm

I went to Holt yesterday, and they were sold out of the colour I want in the size I want.......I want a light yellow one, and they said that it's a spring colour, so they aren't getting any more in....BAH

bigboom
07-23-2006, 03:32 PM
the material is different too...pick up a real one and fake one and you will notice the cheaper cotton. also if you look at the collar edge you will see a more pronounced ridge on the edge of the collar than on fake ones as well.

HRD2PLZ
07-23-2006, 04:10 PM
I got a few of mine from Holt and Henry Singer. Much cheaper to get them in the U.S. So much more selection, especially if you go to the LaCoste stores...

van
07-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Isn't there a Lacoste store in Vancouver?

Anyway, like everyone else said above me, Harry Rosen, Holt Renfrew, Purr, Henry Singer, and Hot Gossip -- they all have Lacoste clothing. You won't find small sizes such as the 2's or anything like that (which is my size). It usually comes to Harry Rosen doing me a favour and calling around to all the stores across Canada to find me a size lol and in the color I want. The first days that they get shipment the smallest sizes are already gone and they end up having all the large sizes. Also, when they get their shipment only about 20% of the stock is a small size and most of them are all the larger sizes too. I don't get that either but then again I don't distribute that stuff. If you like Lacoste you can get Burberry as well and Hugo Boss polo's at Harry Rosen.

JAYMEZ
07-23-2006, 06:57 PM
I just picked up a bunch in the US , its so damn cheap down there... But yah i guess everyone else has named all the damn stores that you can get them from.

2m0a0x2
07-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by defekt1
Isn't there a Lacoste store in Vancouver?

Anyway, like everyone else said above me, Harry Rosen, Holt Renfrew, Purr, Henry Singer, and Hot Gossip -- they all have Lacoste clothing. You won't find small sizes such as the 2's or anything like that (which is my size). It usually comes to Harry Rosen doing me a favour and calling around to all the stores across Canada to find me a size lol and in the color I want. The first days that they get shipment the smallest sizes are already gone and they end up having all the large sizes. Also, when they get their shipment only about 20% of the stock is a small size and most of them are all the larger sizes too. I don't get that either but then again I don't distribute that stuff. If you like Lacoste you can get Burberry as well and Hugo Boss polo's at Harry Rosen.

Are the people at Harry Rosen nice to deal with? I found that in holt, that lacoste corner....they weren't exactly friendly. Sorry that I didn't dress looking like a baller walking into there.... It'd be nice if I can stick with lacoste for this polo, because I usually don't buy such expensive stuff, but being a tennis player at one point, I don't really feel like getting another brand....

At hot gossip though, I was able to try on a 2 and 3, and I'm a 2 also. This is going to suck looking for one!!

szw
07-23-2006, 07:33 PM
PLEASE KEEP YOUR COLLARS DOWN!

Canmorite
07-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by szw
PLEASE KEEP YOUR COLLARS DOWN!

X2. :rofl:

wildrice
07-23-2006, 07:42 PM
http://www.bustedtees.com/bt/images/BT-collarup-gallery-1031.jpg

That.Guy.S30
07-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by 2m0a0x2

Are the people at Harry Rosen nice to deal with? I found that in holt, that lacoste corner....they weren't exactly friendly. Sorry that I didn't dress looking like a baller walking into there.... It'd be nice if I can stick with lacoste for this polo, because I usually don't buy such expensive stuff, but being a tennis player at one point, I don't really feel like getting another brand....

At hot gossip though, I was able to try on a 2 and 3, and I'm a 2 also. This is going to suck looking for one!!

if you didnt like the service at holt then dont bother going to rosen. my advice is go to henry singers in bankers hall. best service

dino_martini
07-23-2006, 11:17 PM
I saw one at Winners a while ago, it was large though...it might have been fake. Not really sure. :dunno: So, holt is the best place to go?

V6-BoI
07-24-2006, 02:35 AM
Golf Town has them as well. Only thing is, the smallest they carry is a size 4

Importz
07-24-2006, 02:37 AM
this shirt is still in style?

umreeka91
07-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Importz
this shirt is still in style?

sorta..:confused:

ProjectR
07-24-2006, 10:35 AM
I've only seen them at holt and hot gossip :dunno: i got mine from the lacoste store in Chicago...so many more colours than here!

toyboy88
07-24-2006, 11:31 AM
my buddy told me at the las vegas lactose store they go for $35-40...pretty good considering the exchange rate right now:D

in*10*se
07-24-2006, 11:55 AM
ok, after looking at a fake vs a real...

like man, i could pay 20 bucks for a fake, it'd look the same, cloth me, and really, there is such a little difference that saving the 60-80 odd dollars, might actually be worth it. :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama:

Chester
07-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Damn, how did lacsote get so popular? I remember when I was like 12-13 years old my dad bought me like 5 of those shirts.