PDA

View Full Version : Sr20 Problems...

teknical
07-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Alright...so I'm driving along Anderson at around 3400 in 3rd. I rev it up and try to boost, and at about 4000-4400rpm the car starts to buck and jump a bit, and recieves no boost what so ever. I'm assuming its a boost leak? So I'll be checking all my MAF wiring and intercooler piping soon.

Also, I decided to take it for my first night drive, and it drives fine, other then no interior lights (other then the dome, and the cd player) nothing else on the dash lights up. Maybe a wire isnt connected?

Finally...Anyone know how to remove the governor? :P I remember when I got my swap done by STRD last time it didnt have one, but yesterday BEFORE I sprung a boost leak (or at least thats what i hope it is) I was on deerfoot, and it cut out at 150 :(

If anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciate it! :clap:

EDIT: One more problem I forgot. While trying to get my signals working on my front bumper the signals and the hazards cut completely out, now neither of them even give a response to the dash when used or pushed. I checked all the fuses to do with lighting and signal lights...and theyre all fine :dunno:

ga16i
07-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by teknical
I was on deerfoot, and it cut out at 150 :(

If anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciate it! :clap:

:banghead: tsk tsk tsk, no more going 150 on DEERFOOT! Anyway, speed governor on 240sx kicks in at 180km/h, so probably not that?

carter_prelude
07-23-2006, 05:57 PM
^ actually around 185 ;) check your fuses for the dash light problem...if you know they were working before...:dunno:

the_new_santa1
07-23-2006, 06:07 PM
^I agree if they where working before it is:
A:)A short...
B:)a blown or loose fuse...
c:)Wiring connection coming loose....
hope this helps....

dj_rice
07-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by carter_prelude
^ actually around 185 ;) check your fuses for the dash light problem...if you know they were working before...:dunno:

U sure its 185???When I went to Strathmore in my 240...I went max til I hit my fuel cut and the speedo went way past the 180 km/hr max...the needle pointed towards teh floor

n1zm0
07-23-2006, 06:27 PM
I think with sr the speed limit is in the ecu , but you can always go ahead and start disconnecting speed sensors, 4th and 5th gear..

teknical
07-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Any idea on why the signals arent working? they werent working before, so i think i might have a loose wire, or a wire i forgot to hook up?
:dunno: