PDA

View Full Version : hypocritical COPS!

Pages : [1] 2

sporty_cavy
07-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Okay so about 25 minutes ago I was driving through that construction in and around chinook center. So as we all know its 50 through there and I was doing about 58 59. So this cop hauls up on my ass to try and clock me the, the light turns yellow, I slam on my brakes and watch the ass swerve so he doesnt rearend me. Anyways he pulls up beside me and says roll down your window so I do, and hes like do you know the speed through here, I say 50 and hes like you were doing 55. I say.... uhmm.. did you see that car in front of me that ripped past you doing like 80! and he tells me I was only paying attention to you because you have those undercar lights. Hes like your getting off easy tonight cuz i could write you up with a 400 dollar ticket for stunting. STUNTING?? Wtf... How is having lights Stunting! Anyways he tells me to turn them off get my muffler fixed and stop speeding. The light turns green and he rips off ahead of everyone without his lights on or anything doing at least 75! What a powerdriven ass.

Does anyone have any other stories like this?

gpomp
07-23-2006, 11:17 PM
underglow is gay. that's my story.

max_boost
07-23-2006, 11:17 PM
You are lucky. Neon lights and an aftermarket exhaust is a good combination for ownage haha

What car do you drive?

adam c
07-23-2006, 11:18 PM
driving with underglow on is illegal and speeding in a construction zone whether there is construction or not is doubled the fine.. cops are cops, they're never gonna change ur lucky he didn't do shit

sporty_cavy
07-23-2006, 11:19 PM
I drive a 2001 Honda Prelude.

sporty_cavy
07-23-2006, 11:20 PM
I am very lucky that he was in a good mood tonight! But aside from that, him speeding away at the lights going like 75 seems a little odd after just lecturing me.

FiveFreshFish
07-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Check the legal definition of stunting and you'll find that it can encompass anything that can distract other drivers.

95EagleAWD
07-23-2006, 11:28 PM
Indeed.

Underglow is lame, IMHO, and all it does is draw attention to yourself.

Ricer mods = more tickets!

racin_jayson
07-23-2006, 11:31 PM
you got off lucky IMO
you should be thanking that cop for not spanking you right then and there

B20EF
07-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WWJAI
07-23-2006, 11:37 PM

I must agree..take them off or stop using them

Slashin_
07-23-2006, 11:45 PM
if u got pulled over i can see why u complaing...he was be nice you should be thank he saved you 400 dollars..

l8braker
07-24-2006, 07:15 AM
Consider yourself lucky that you got off with a warning, the cops that roll through that construction zone enforce everything it seems.

eljefe
07-24-2006, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by sporty_cavy
I am very lucky that he was in a good mood tonight! But aside from that, him speeding away at the lights going like 75 seems a little odd after just lecturing me.

Just because he didn't have his lights on doesn't mean he wasn't responding to a call, but how did you know he was going 75, were you pacing him?

kaput
07-24-2006, 07:35 AM

Toms-SC
07-24-2006, 08:03 AM

topmade
07-24-2006, 08:09 AM
dumb thread to try to bash the CPS when you should be thanking them. And a lot of times they will not blare out their sirens and start the lights when it's not neccessary so they can catch theives on the scene.

bacchus
07-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by topmade
dumb thread to try to bash the CPS when you should be thanking them. And a lot of times they will not blare out their sirens and start the lights when it's not neccessary so they can catch theives on the scene. :werd:

Safety Crew
07-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Okay so about 25 minutes ago I was driving through that construction in and around chinook center. So as we all know its 50 through there and I was doing about 58 59. So this cop hauls up on my ass to try and clock me the, the light turns yellow, I slam on my brakes and watch the ass swerve so he doesnt rearend me. Anyways he pulls up beside me and says roll down your window so I do, and hes like do you know the speed through here, I say 50 and hes like you were doing 55. I say.... uhmm.. did you see that car in front of me that ripped past you doing like 80! and he tells me I was only paying attention to you because you have those undercar lights. Hes like your getting off easy tonight cuz i could write you up with a 400 dollar ticket for stunting. STUNTING?? Wtf... How is having lights Stunting! Anyways he tells me to turn them off get my muffler fixed and stop speeding. The light turns green and he rips off ahead of everyone without his lights on or anything doing at least 75! What a powerdriven ass.

Does anyone have any other stories like this?

For most people to get an idea of "WHY" you need to slow down that much in a work zone, they would have to stand alongside the road and have cars flying past at a faster rate of speed.

The police are working very hard to ensure adherence to posted speed limits in work zones; as well, have introduced a Zero Tolerance policy with respect to construction zones. Speaking from personal experience, I am glad they have done this. People get pretty ignorant whilst piloting a car, and it needs to stop.

Play on the safe side for the people working as well as your wallet and watch your speed dilligently.

l8braker
07-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Safety Crew

For most people to get an idea of "WHY" you need to slow down that much in a work zone, they would have to stand alongside the road and have cars flying past at a faster rate of speed.

The police are working very hard to ensure adherence to posted speed limits in work zones; as well, have introduced a Zero Tolerance policy with respect to construction zones. Speaking from personal experience, I am glad they have done this. People get pretty ignorant whilst piloting a car, and it needs to stop.

Play on the safe side for the people working as well as your wallet and watch your speed dilligently.

So are you one of the guys that holds the SLOW signs?

Safety Crew
07-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by l8braker

So are you one of the guys that holds the SLOW signs? Absolutely not.

vc-kev
07-24-2006, 09:05 AM
sure.....

Safety Crew
07-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by vc-kev
sure..... Oh, ok. :rofl:

ProjectR
07-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by racin_jayson
you got off lucky IMO
you should be thanking that cop for not spanking you right then and there

No kidding...i got 2 speeding tickets in 2 weeks! I wish I got yelled at instead :(

nonsane
07-24-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by ProjectR

No kidding...i got 2 speeding tickets in 2 weeks! I wish I got yelled at instead :(

If it would make you feel better, i can yell at you.

Skyline_Addict
07-24-2006, 11:27 AM
posting in a self-ownage thread.

you're lucky you got away with nothing.

ProjectR
07-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by nonsane

If it would make you feel better, i can yell at you.

if you can go fight my demerits for me, you can :D

Akagi Redsuns
07-24-2006, 04:11 PM

For most people to get an idea of "WHY" you need to slow down that much in a work zone, they would have to stand alongside the road and have cars flying past at a faster rate of speed. snip........

I'm all for slowing down at a WORK ZONE as you mentioned as I do have the safety of the workers in mind. But I don't see the need to be going deathly slow on a Sunday when there is NO ONE around at all, except for the Police of course.

ProjectR
07-24-2006, 04:18 PM
so whats the deal with school zones right now? its summer so most students don't have school (ecs - grade 12). do you still go 30kms/hr? or just screw it and go 50kms/hr? I'm going 30kms/hr cuz i don't get pulled over :D

the_new_santa1
07-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by kaput
^Exactly. Chances are, the only reason he didn't pull you over and give you a ticket is he was responding to a more important call. Consider yourself lucky.

If it wazs an important call he wouldnt stop a red light he would turn lights on go through the lights then shut them off again....I also agree underglow is for newbs to get owned and bumb raped by cops....

Akagi Redsuns
07-24-2006, 04:29 PM
so whats the deal with school zones right now? its summer so most students don't have school (ecs - grade 12). do you still go 30kms/hr? or just screw it and go 50kms/hr? I'm going 30kms/hr cuz i don't get pulled over :D

I still go 30km/hr. Knowing my luck, it would one of those year round school.

the_new_santa1
07-24-2006, 04:31 PM

I did all of my drivers training in the summer and can vouge for the 50km/h in the summer, so dont worry about it...I can fully vouge as I followed a cop a few days ago in a school zone doing 50 but the playground zones are in affect 365 days a year.....

BlueGoblin
07-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

I still go 30km/hr. Knowing my luck, it would one of those year round school.

Year round schools are marked on the School Zone signs, right at the bottom. I never know when they are in session though, so if it's marked as year round, I just do 30 in case..

Safety Crew
07-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

I'm all for slowing down at a WORK ZONE as you mentioned as I do have the safety of the workers in mind. But I don't see the need to be going deathly slow on a Sunday when there is NO ONE around at all, except for the Police of course. I agree that it is supremely irritating, (especially the glenmore interchange right now), but you will get excuses for the rules still applying when work has desisted; debris on the road, round the clock project, dimensions of the road have significantly changed etc.

The reason the westbound glenmore section is so long is that there will be bridge work as well as widening going on further up the road. They want the public to get used to the decreased speed through the area.

Honestly, I figure what's a couple of extra seconds of my day to avoid a ticket, get a rock through my windshield or possiblty smoke a guy whos working.

l8braker
07-24-2006, 05:12 PM
The reason the westbound glenmore section is so long is that there will be bridge work as well as widening going on further up the road. They want the public to get used to the decreased speed through the area.

Always wondered what you guys were doing down that part.

Cheers

Safety Crew
07-24-2006, 05:17 PM

Always wondered what you guys were doing down that part.

Cheers Us guys? I don't work there.

l8braker
07-24-2006, 05:23 PM
Us guys? I don't work there.

Talking in general. City guys are all the same to me. :rofl:

Safety Crew
07-24-2006, 06:02 PM

Talking in general. City guys are all the same to me. :rofl: You come off a little bit... thick, no offense. I don't work for the city.

l8braker
07-24-2006, 06:13 PM
You come off a little bit... thick, no offense. I don't work for the city.

Excuse me? You signed up to beyond.ca today, and your already calling me thick? Way to start off on the right foot there champ. I really don't give a hoot who you are or who you work for, all I said was thank you for the info regarding the Glenmore project.

Please, save whatever face you have left and send me a private message with your response.

l8braker
07-24-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm sure Chapters or Indigo stock this one. Do yourself and everyone who knows you a favour and pick up a copy.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0671723650.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Safety Crew
07-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Ohno!1!

Safety Crew
07-24-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm sure Chapters or Indigo stock this one. Do yourself and everyone who knows you a favour and pick up a copy.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0671723650.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg I read that book a looong time ago. Never mentioned anything specific to beyond.ca though.

l8braker
07-24-2006, 06:19 PM
I don't know how to use private messaging. You are being a bit condescending. I don't know that it matters if I have been on this website for 5 years or 2 days, but you definitely aren't being very nice.

It almost seems like you were waiting for me to throw a little bit back at you so that you had the opportunity to say what you just said.

I'm not trying to be a dickhead, but maybe be a bit nicer to new members?

You started by calling me thick. You made the first move.

It's the PM button at the bottom of the posts.

Safety Crew
07-24-2006, 06:22 PM

You started by calling me thick. You made the first move.

It's the PM button at the bottom of the posts. Ok, not thick. Mean. I'm sorry :)

I don't work for the city, I don't hold the SLoW sign or anything like that. They get paid pretty good from what I understand. I do work in safety though :)

l8braker
07-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Ok, not thick. Mean. I'm sorry :)

I don't work for the city, I don't hold the SLoW sign or anything like that. They get paid pretty good from what I understand. I do work in safety though :)

Hear hear.

They don't make enough!! You gotta have some serious cajonies to do that, especially on the highway!!

:thumbsup:

seer_claw
07-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Construction speed limits are there not only to protect the workers from cars but the drivers and passengers in the cars. I have the pleasure of working on the Glenmore expansion from 14th Street to Crowchild. In the median we have have a 0.5 meter drop to the gravel and there are some areas where there are no barriers. At least going 50 km/h you are less likely to go over this drop. We have also narrowed the lanes from 3.7m to 3.3m. Yes, this doesn't seem like a lot but it make a huge difference with the tractor trailers on the road.

And I would love to see the courts inforce a policy of having speeders spend a day in the median working along side the crews that I have on site. A truck whipping past at 65 km/h is actually quite scary even with the concrete barriers in place.

Slow down, its really not a big deal to take another 5 minutes of your time. Leave earlier and slow down.

Kona9
07-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by seer_claw
Construction speed limits are there not only to protect the workers from cars but the drivers and passengers in the cars. I have the pleasure of working on the Glenmore expansion from 14th Street to Crowchild. In the median we have have a 0.5 meter drop to the gravel and there are some areas where there are no barriers. At least going 50 km/h you are less likely to go over this drop. We have also narrowed the lanes from 3.7m to 3.3m. Yes, this doesn't seem like a lot but it make a huge difference with the tractor trailers on the road.

And I would love to see the courts inforce a policy of having speeders spend a day in the median working along side the crews that I have on site. A truck whipping past at 65 km/h is actually quite scary even with the concrete barriers in place.

Slow down, its really not a big deal to take another 5 minutes of your time. Leave earlier and slow down......

...and don't put underglow on your cars!!!!!

scat19
07-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by adam c
driving with underglow on is illegal and speeding in a construction zone whether there is construction or not is doubled the fine.. cops are cops, they're never gonna change ur lucky he didn't do shit

INCORRECT

double only when WORKERS ARE PRESENT

Tyler883
07-24-2006, 08:36 PM
you come onto this site to complain about a cop that doesn't ticket you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I think that makes you a dumbass.

Traffic_Cop
07-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by scat19

INCORRECT

double only when WORKERS ARE PRESENT

Actually YOU are incorrect, its also when a road is under repair.

collectskulls
07-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Tyler883
you come onto this site to complain about a cop that doesn't ticket you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I think that makes you a dumbass.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

403Gemini
07-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

...and don't put underglow on your cars!!!!!
haha awesome!

Originally posted by Traffic_Cop

lol pwnt! :thumbsup:

jdm_eg6
07-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Ive had both asshole cops and good cops, the only time i have had a bad one which was kinda good was when i was headed to school one morning and at an intersection the concomming car was turning (his) right and i was going left, the lanes we were going to were wide enough for two cars (behind marborough mall) and he comes Flying out and cuts into my car and pulls me over.

asks for my stuff, and my passenges Id... WTF?

then tells me it was impropper left turn

comes to my car again, asks who owns the car wtf#2
where i live wtf#3, and tells me that its not a two lane road even tho each side of the road is like 30 feet wide haha, and tells me warning and not to do it again and leaves... iam thinking it was a security check to make sure car wasnt stolen but w.e

PS: just for shits and giggles is traffic_cop a real cop??

scat19
07-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

haha awesome!

lol pwnt! :thumbsup:

Yeah, ok.

Section 115(2)(p.1) and (p.2) and 115(2)(t) of the Traffic Safety Act

7. What are the details of the new law for construction zones?
Effective October 31, 2005, in construction zones, motorists must observe the posted speed. When workers are present fines for speeding in these areas will be doubled.

8. In a construction zone what does it mean, “where workers are present?”
This is where workers are on or near the road and are operating heavy equipment, acting as flag persons, and working with hand tools on the ground, etc. Be cautious, workers could also be hidden behind equipment, materials, etc.

9.How will I know where in the construction/maintenance zone the fine will be doubled?
In most situations road signs that indicate ‘Speed Fines Double’ and ‘Begins’ will be mounted below the Maximum Speed (RB-1) sign that establishes the maximum allowable speed in the work area. The double fine area will end at the Maximum Speed sign, which reinstates the normal speed limit.

13.Will the work area ‘Speed Fines Double’ and ‘Begins’ signs be covered or removed when workers are not present?
Yes they will be covered. However, there may still be dangers to motorists travelling through the area, and they must obey all warning and speed limit signs.

h_s
07-24-2006, 09:44 PM
whoa stop raging on the underglow, dont hate it because your friends hate it, if your car can spank half of them out there, then i dont care if you have underglow or not, i personally have a tube mounted on the front but never bothered to hook it up because i dont have the ooomph to put the neon on yet

Tru_leb4life
07-24-2006, 09:54 PM
TOo bad there wasnt any HOT women cops, then at least it would be worth it sometimes to get pulled over. or at least thats what i would like..
:poosie:

BlueGoblin
07-24-2006, 10:00 PM

The doubling of fines is only applicable when workers are present and the construction zone is 'active'. The regular fines apply when the zone is no longer active and workers are not present.

S.115(2)(p.2) TSA refers to the 'workers present' portion of the amendment while S.115(2)(p.1) TSA refers to the offence when no workers are present. The differentiation is to provide for the doubling of fines on an offence under p.2, as well as TSA 115(2)(t).

scat19
07-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by BlueGoblin

The doubling of fines is only applicable when workers are present and the construction zone is 'active'. The regular fines apply when the zone is no longer active and workers are not present.

S.115(2)(p.2) TSA refers to the 'workers present' portion of the amendment while S.115(2)(p.1) TSA refers to the offence when no workers are present. The differentiation is to provide for the doubling of fines on an offence under p.2, as well as TSA 115(2)(t).

Thank You :thumbsup:

I never did think Traffic Cop was a cop, hes immature, really young posting style, and writing, and doesn't know the law on more than one case.

sporty_cavy
07-24-2006, 10:11 PM
This thread was intended not to bash underglow as it was just a minor detail. I just was pointing out that the cop sped away after sitting through a light and lecturing me about speeding. Also I asked if anyone else has any stories, and out of 55 posts there was only one smart person who understood and actually posted his own story!

Traffic_Cop
07-24-2006, 10:32 PM

I never did think Traffic Cop was a cop, hes immature, really young posting style, and writing, and doesn't know the law on more than one case.

Sec 115(2)(p.1)TSA,

(p.1) drive a vehicle on a portion of a highway that is under construction or repair or is in a state of disrepair at a speed that is greater than the maximum speed limit established or prescribed under section 108(1)(g) for that portion of highway;

:dunno: Whos wrong?????

Traffic_Cop
07-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by BlueGoblin

& 108TSA

(g) in the case of a highway that

(i) is under construction or repair, or

(ii) is in a state of disrepair,

a maximum speed limit may, with respect to that portion of the highway that is under construction or repair or in disrepair

Thanks for coming out though!!!!

Ben
07-24-2006, 10:37 PM

& 108TSA

a maximum speed limit may, with respect to that portion of the highway that is under construction or repair or in disrepair

Dude, you're wrong. In the city of Calgary, fines are double when workers are present. The signs they have up when driving through construction zones even say this. WHen workers are not present, the speed limits often stay in their reduced state, but lack the double fine.

Traffic_Cop
07-24-2006, 10:38 PM

Care to give details????......you need a grade 12 education to be a Police Officer, not a doctorate in English.

Traffic_Cop
07-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Dude, you're wrong. In the city of Calgary, fines are double when workers are present. The signs they have up when driving through construction zones even say this.

How am I wrong???.....Provincial law clearly defines this!!

Ben
07-24-2006, 10:58 PM

How am I wrong???.....Provincial law clearly defines this!!

http://www.saferoads.com/drivers/constructionsfty_faq.html

Traffic_Cop
07-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks Ben, you answered your own argument :-

12. Can I be charged if the ‘Speed Fines Double’ and ‘Begins’ signs are present but no workers are visible?

Yes. The signs will be posted when it is expected that workers will be present. It is very important that motorists obey the construction/maintenance work area signs because workers could be on site but not visible to approaching vehicles.

scat19
07-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Ben

http://www.saferoads.com/drivers/constructionsfty_faq.html

That is the site that I quoted.

Another item, cops are generally older and mature, not 17-18 year olds.

But, thank YOU for coming out, mr. wannabe cop.

scat19
07-24-2006, 11:11 PM

12. Can I be charged if the ‘Speed Fines Double’ and ‘Begins’ signs are present but no workers are visible?

Yes. The signs will be posted when it is expected that workers will be present. It is very important that motorists obey the construction/maintenance work area signs because workers could be on site but not visible to approaching vehicles.

lol, you do need that doctorate in English.

Read it again, and then comment.

Traffic_Cop
07-24-2006, 11:20 PM

That is the site that I quoted.

Another item, cops are generally older and mature, not 17-18 year olds.

But, thank YOU for coming out, mr. wannabe cop.

Actually you can be a "cop" at 18, unfortunately I am way older than that.

As for your other comment...what are you on about???...im confused.

Khyron
07-24-2006, 11:44 PM
In BC they have the "fines are doubled" bonus sign under each construction zone, and have done so for years.

In CY they have special signs that say "Fines doubled if workers present" - but it's still just a normal fine when they are not. Two city cops (and BG I guess) have also verified this is true.

That said, a 17km/over ticket still nets a tidy 220 fine, which I believe is a lot more than BC which explains why they only pull the double-fine card when it's really blatant.

BTW I later ran over a construction worker - I would have normally seen him, but I was too busy watching my speedo to make sure it didn't hit 51.

Khyron

BlueGoblin
07-25-2006, 01:16 AM

& 108TSA

I am not trying to be rude.

My point is that there is a TSA provision for a doubling of fines for 2 sections under the TSA, and 108 is not one of them. S.108 TSA in fact, is not even an offence section; it is the portion of the TSA which gives local government or a road authority the right to alter speed limits for construction or other hazards.

The only sections for which fines are doubled are 115(2)(p.2) and 115(t).

This is a link to the Alberta government's own press release on the matter from October: http://www.gov.ab.ca/acn/200510/1898137BBC21F-9DA9-0B64-AC83FC1CDBA00788.html

Safety Crew
07-25-2006, 07:10 AM

INCORRECT

double only when WORKERS ARE PRESENT It's already been said, but I really hope for the sake of your bankroll that you truly do not believe that... further; I hope you don't tell your friends that as well.

Safety Crew
07-25-2006, 07:15 AM

Yes. The signs will be posted when it is expected that workers will be present. It is very important that motorists obey the construction/maintenance work area signs because workers could be on site but not visible to approaching vehicles. Further to that, Workers aren't always present when those signs are in place for one reason or another.

It takes time to set up traffic management. Deploying cones, signs and things of the like are done in sequence and follow strict procedure. When the layout is complete, the work crews enter the work area.

There is more to it than setting up barrels and sticks. The actual layout of the disruption is blueprinted, mapped and stamped by a civil engineer.

Why not play it safe and slow down regardless?

TurboMedic
07-25-2006, 10:32 AM
how does this make him hypocritical? And how do you know he was doing 75?

nadroj23
07-25-2006, 03:09 PM
so question when it is a contruction zone and the speed signs are up stating it is 50kph........why do they face them to the ground or cover them when they are done.....if somebody didnt read the rules are closely as some of you on here how are we suppose to know? wouldnt we just figure since the signs are down and the regular speed it posted then that is fine? thats the way i thought about it up until now when i read this thread.... but i still do believe that it is regular speed after workers are gone......and Traffic_cop your posts says nothing about city............only about highway.....to me you are a piece of shit that knows nothing ive seen a few threads were to me you know nothing.

sporty_cavy
07-25-2006, 03:46 PM
I think turbomedic is retarded. It is hypocritical as stated at least 2 times before because he critisized me and then took off doing what he just said not to. Do you even know what the word hypocritical means? Get an education and then make a post. Untill then, get lost. And i don't know that it was exactly 75 but i was doing 50 and he was way out ahead and getting even more distant you retarded piece of shit.

nadroj23
07-25-2006, 04:11 PM
whoa whoa whoa...........you come on a forum posting this shit and your getting mad? arent you new here?

nadroj23
07-25-2006, 04:12 PM
dont post stupid shit and you wont get flamed for it whether the cop was being hypocritical or not why bother posting? THEY ARE COPS, THE BIGGEST GANG IN THE WORLD fuckin deal with it. happens everyday to everybody and do you see them complaining that they didnt get a ticket or the cop was an asshole.....ya 80% of cops are assholes its life.

lint
07-25-2006, 04:17 PM
I think turbomedic is retarded. It is hypocritical as stated at least 2 times before because he critisized me and then took off doing what he just said not to. Do you even know what the word hypocritical means? Get an education and then make a post. Untill then, get lost. And i don't know that it was exactly 75 but i was doing 50 and he was way out ahead and getting even more distant you retarded piece of shit.

Aside from the fact that you think the cop is a dink and gave you a lecture for speeding and gay underglow, do you know for a fact that he had no reason to speed off? Could he have been responding to a call (not an emergency) when he stopped at the light to lecture you?

And I don't believe it is hypocritical when one party has a valid reason for disobeying the law, and the other does not.

scat19
07-25-2006, 04:28 PM
SafetyCrew, read the law and figure it out for yourself.

And to Mr.5-0:

When the signs are not present? Ta-da there ya go.

Traffic_Cop
07-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by nadroj23
so question when it is a contruction zone and the speed signs are up stating it is 50kph........why do they face them to the ground or cover them when they are done.....if somebody didnt read the rules are closely as some of you on here how are we suppose to know? wouldnt we just figure since the signs are down and the regular speed it posted then that is fine? thats the way i thought about it up until now when i read this thread.... but i still do believe that it is regular speed after workers are gone......and Traffic_cop your posts says nothing about city............only about highway.....to me you are a piece of shit that knows nothing ive seen a few threads were to me you know nothing.

WOW!!, you are a very angry individual aren't you?. Have you considered counselling?.

Tha VZA
07-25-2006, 06:04 PM
I drive a 2001 Honda Prelude.

Honda

key word there...i drive with my blue LED's on all the time at night, with an aftermarket exhaust, probably while speeding and i have never had a ticket for it

although i do flick it off right when i see a cop, so they prob dont notice it too much

ciao

Safety Crew
07-25-2006, 06:20 PM
SafetyCrew, read the law and figure it out for yourself.

And to Mr.5-0:

When the signs are not present? Ta-da there ya go.

Read the law? I know it inside and out. It's my job to know every facet of construction and work zone safety. I might suggest you stop being so eye-hole deep in your own muddy water. I've said nothing that contradicts the written law of speed limits and rules involving travel through a construction/work/emergency zone.

Traffic Cop and I were simply doing you a favour by correcting you.

Either way, if you speed through a work zone and do not obey the lowered speed limit signs, regardless of the presence of workers, you will be fined heavily. If there are signs present indicating a work or construction zone, if you do not slow down for a roadside emergency whilst in the near lane, you will also be fined very heavily.

How your ego lets you argue those points is beyond me.

Traffic_Cop
07-25-2006, 06:23 PM

Read the law? I know it inside and out. It's my job to know every facet of construction and work zone safety. I might suggest you stop being so eye-hole deep in your own muddy water. I've said nothing that contradicts the written law of speed limits and rules involving travel through a construction/work/emergency zone.

Dont worry, he will be starting a new thread of his own soon titled "I got a ticket in a construction zone when no workers present, can you help me fight it".

Kona9
07-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Or.........we could all drive like we are supposed to and not put retarded gay guy lights on our cars.
To me that's easier than wondering why the police man that just yelled at you took off faster than you think he should have. And also wonder why your bank accounts have large traffic fine payments withdrawn, because you could't figure out how to slow down in a construction / playground / school / emergency zone.

Grow up and quit looking for excuses for personal idiocy.
55 in a 50 is no big deal, but his actions afterwards are none of our business.

I recently sat and waited for a couple hours in the waiting room of traffic court, as a co-worker fought to keep his license due to his own retardation behind the wheel.
I could NOT believe the LAME excuses coming out of peoples mouths when the constable that pulled them over with proof of commited offense, asked them if they understood the charges.
This was only the waiting room, where they were basically given a second chance or a reduced fine. I can only imagine what crap was used in the court room.

PS Im no angel, I get pulled over, (rarely) but I also don't pull out my piss pot and a keyboard when it does happen.

bacchus
07-25-2006, 07:51 PM
:rofl:

scat19
07-25-2006, 09:54 PM

Dont worry, he will be starting a new thread of his own soon titled "I got a ticket in a construction zone when no workers present, can you help me fight it".

If that were the case, no thread would be created - because I don't cry about it. But pointts would be there, instead of me ;)

Traffic_Cop
07-25-2006, 10:53 PM

If that were the case, no thread would be created - because I don't cry about it. But pointts would be there, instead of me ;)

And you will still end up with demerits for your ignorance :thumbsup:

nadroj23
07-26-2006, 09:38 AM

Traffic Cop and I were simply doing you a favour by correcting you.

Either way, if you speed through a work zone and do not obey the lowered speed limit signs, regardless of the presence of workers, you will be fined heavily. If there are signs present indicating a work or construction zone, if you do not slow down for a roadside emergency whilst in the near lane, you will also be fined very heavily.

How your ego lets you argue those points is beyond me.

im still confused in your post you said the part highlighted in bold and in my post it says that they remove the signs put them in the ditch cover them whatever ive seen it every day on crowchild coming home they put the signs in the middle were they are working. so there are no reduced speed limit signs the speed is normal right even in a construction zone? does that mean if you are over the regular speed limit lets say crowchild where it is 80 if you are goin over that limit you get double fined? or over the 50 even tho the signs stating that the limit is 50 are no longer present? just wanna clear this shit up so i dont get a ticket.

Safety Crew
07-26-2006, 06:02 PM

im still confused in your post you said the part highlighted in bold and in my post it says that they remove the signs put them in the ditch cover them whatever ive seen it every day on crowchild coming home they put the signs in the middle were they are working. so there are no reduced speed limit signs the speed is normal right even in a construction zone? does that mean if you are over the regular speed limit lets say crowchild where it is 80 if you are goin over that limit you get double fined? or over the 50 even tho the signs stating that the limit is 50 are no longer present? just wanna clear this shit up so i dont get a ticket.

Ok,

There is a difference between a "work zone" and a "construction zone"

A work zone is temporary, things like bridge washing, crack sealing etc.. short term work. If the signs are off in the ditch and no longer visible to you (the reduced speed, no passing and all of that) then resume speed as normal provided there is no one working there, no road cones of any sort and it is safe to do so.

A construction zone is a scene like the glenmore interchange. They have fixed reduced speed limits that remain that way for months until the project is completed in full.

No, you won't be fined double if you are going over 80 if the speed limit is 80 as there is nothing dictating that it is a construction zone or work zone.

If you do get fined double, the cop is having a really bad day and fight it like hell in court.

There has to be absolutely NO signage indicating it is any type of work zone though.

nadroj23
07-27-2006, 11:26 AM
ahh ok see i dont go down to glenmore im in the nw and on crowchild they turn the signs over. so that makes a lot more sense thank you before i started reading this thread a couple days ago me and my dad were talking about this so this is good to know :D thanks again

Safety Crew
07-28-2006, 07:06 AM
ahh ok see i dont go down to glenmore im in the nw and on crowchild they turn the signs over. so that makes a lot more sense thank you before i started reading this thread a couple days ago me and my dad were talking about this so this is good to know :D thanks again Not a problem sir. I am all about playing on the cautious side.

van
07-28-2006, 07:39 PM

Excuse me? You signed up to beyond.ca today, and your already calling me thick? Way to start off on the right foot there champ. I really don't give a hoot who you are or who you work for, all I said was thank you for the info regarding the Glenmore project.

Please, save whatever face you have left and send me a private message with your response.

LOL. You're a joke buddy, don't try to be so holier-than-thou. You do seem kinda thick. I'm sure he doesn't give a "hoot" about you either hahaha.

And regarding the ticket, yeah -- take off your neons, drive properly, if you have to speed try not to go 10 over. Why are you in such a rush to get around anyway? Leave a little earlier save yourself some cash you don't need to give to the city.

Speedy
07-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by topmade
dumb thread to try to bash the CPS when you should be thanking them. And a lot of times they will not blare out their sirens and start the lights when it's not neccessary so they can catch theives on the scene.

I can understand that but its illegal for any emergency vehicle to exceed the speed limit with out proper warning devices (Siren & lights)

Safety Crew
07-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Speedy

I can understand that but its illegal for any emergency vehicle to exceed the speed limit with out proper warning devices (Siren & lights)

Tell that to the TAC team and pretty much every cop in general patrol. :rofl:

Can't always respond in full code pal. It's the nature of the job.

DayGlow
07-31-2006, 07:50 AM

Can't remember the exact section of the TSA, but emergency vehicles are exempt from the TSA when in the lawful exicution of their duties. Personally I find that often times it's easier to move through light to medium traffic without lights/siren because people freeze up and/or do stupid things when they are on.

Great example are domestic fights. Things maybe calm in the house at first, but have the potential to flare up at any moment. Not really a lights and siren call, but you still move there at a quicker pace.

Other times you are getting close to a incident and don't want to spook the badguy with sirens. It's all about judgment calls.

The Cosworth
07-31-2006, 08:00 AM

ahaha :thumbsup:

BlueGoblin
07-31-2006, 12:28 PM

TSA-RORR

64(1) Where, considering the circumstances, it is reasonable and safe to do so, a peace officer driving a motor vehicle may, in carrying out the peace officer’s duties, do one or more of the following while not operating a siren:

(a) drive the motor vehicle in excess of the speed limit;

(b) proceed past a traffic control signal indicating stop or a stop sign without stopping;

(c) contravene any other provision that is prescribed by the Act, this or other regulations or a municipal bylaw governing the use of the highways.

(2) Where, considering the circumstances, it is reasonable and safe, a peace officer may, in carrying out the peace officer’s duties, park a motor vehicle, while not operating any flashing lights or siren, contrary to any provision that is prescribed by the Act, this or other regulations or a municipal bylaw governing the parking of motor vehicles.

Speedy
07-31-2006, 12:33 PM
I stand corrected then!

BlueGoblin
07-31-2006, 12:38 PM
^ Sorry - I should have posted the source link:

http://www.canlii.org/ab/laws/sta/t-6/

It has the whole TSA on there, which can be handy reference.