PDA

View Full Version : Celica/Teg/Shit hit the fan

Ferio_vti
07-14-2002, 06:14 PM
Saw this thing in Vancouver just outside the Import Showoff last month.
It took me a sec to stop vomiting with rage :barf: and finally figure out that its a Integra 4 door.
Wish I had a block of C4 that evening... :guns:

nismodrifter
07-14-2002, 06:38 PM
:barf: :barf: :barf:

shadowz
07-14-2002, 07:15 PM
Thats the grossest thing ive ever seen, man that guy is trying to copy the carcraft integra with the same conversion, nasty:thumbsdow

2000impreza
07-14-2002, 10:34 PM
that is pretty gay :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

redline
07-14-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

that and a little more :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

boi-alien
07-15-2002, 12:01 AM
that's just wrong...

celica girl
07-15-2002, 01:04 AM
A while back there was a celica with a prelude headlight conversion on sale on ebay... that was nasty too...

redline_13000
07-15-2002, 01:05 AM
can u say rice?:barf:

eludeu
07-15-2002, 02:33 AM
What a waste of money! I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.:barf:

Rydog
07-15-2002, 08:05 AM
that woulda cost a shit load of money too, hopefully that guy liked his own car when it was done.

Speed_RaSiR
07-15-2002, 08:43 AM
It looks like the headlights are taped on, gross.:barf:

2000impreza
07-15-2002, 10:53 AM
i hope the guy doesn't plan on selling his car....... ever. hahaha. :guns:

RCBVtec
07-15-2002, 11:01 AM
that's so wrong it ain't right!!! :barf:

DriveOrBeDriven
07-15-2002, 12:51 PM

Evan
07-15-2002, 01:58 PM
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Redlyne_Celica
07-15-2002, 02:05 PM
Man usually I can appreciate that deep custom work even if you don't like it, but that. Um yikes, that's all I can mutter out right now.

Dyinghere
07-15-2002, 02:18 PM
:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

thats just wrong in so many ways

rx-7heaven
07-15-2002, 10:37 PM
i have a loss of words for this pile of absolute dog shit. i don't even think it's good enough to be dog shit. possibly mouse turd? that's even pushing it...cat crap? nah....i don't even think animal excretion is as bad as that...that...ummm...."thing"

mwmhong
07-15-2002, 11:53 PM
Kinda looks like the headlights are really stickers and they're peeling off. Are the rear doors molded in so it's a 2-door?

:hitit: (with a rock!):angel:

kevie88
07-17-2002, 10:23 AM
:barf:
:barf: :barf:

A vomit pyramid for the crappy car!

Intelica350R
12-08-2003, 02:23 PM
I know this post is extremely old but.......

You guys are pathetic, talkin shit about others cars like that. Don't you have anything better to do then rip on those who have obviously put way more time and effort into a project then you ever will. It didn't cost me a damn thing, I like it and so do the magazines, movie producers, sponsors, and thousands of spectators that view it a year. If it makes you any happier it is getting redone and this time done right (will not look like stickers peeling off as you say). I will post the updated pics of the one off widebody with 350Z tails, redone front conversion with the new one piece front end, and the fully fiberglassed interior at the begining of March 2004 after it is painted Kandy Colbalt Blue. Oh and just in case you think that this piece o' shit, as you call it, is only a bunch of body mods for show, you're wrong.....It has a fully built JDM B18C Type R Motor and LSD tranny, and runs high 13's in the 1/4 mile which is good enough, in my book, for a 4 door. If you don't like it, learn to keep it to yourself, because it's people like you that are causing the import scene to be just a bunch of critical, non appreciative anylists, and that in turn will cause the scene to slowly die. Uniqueness and variety is what continues to drive us and will always bring us something new, so don't knock it. :drama:

If you don't like it....:whocares:......well, I do, it's my car!!

pathetic........:( :dunno: :( ........peace :burnout:

DUBBED
12-08-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Evan

i see your :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

and raise you :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

hjr
12-08-2003, 03:19 PM
Awsome!!!! :thumbsup:

hjr
12-08-2003, 03:19 PM
;)

hahaha. come on!!! You couldnt have thought i was serious!!!

rc2002
12-08-2003, 03:24 PM
The headlights bugged me a bit too, but I'm sure it'll look better when it's redone...

There's a lot of flaming that happens on these boards, but I don't think it's only beyond. I've seen it happen quite often on other boards too. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion?

DUBBED
12-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Intelica350R
If you don't like it, learn to keep it to yourself, because it's people like you that are causing the import scene to be just a bunch of critical, non appreciative anylists, and that in turn will cause the scene to slowly die.

i can appreciate the amount of work youve done to it... and the amount of money youve spent. I still dont like it and no matter what kinda of crazy conversions you do i will probably still not like it. If you can't accept the fact that some people are not going to like your car then you shouldn't be building one in the first place. The import scene will not die just because of different tastes in style, it will die because people are afraid to do something different that other may not like. In that sense i have respect for YOU, but like i said before, I still dont like your car.

Kamen
12-08-2003, 03:30 PM
It's a 4 door?

rc2002
12-08-2003, 03:35 PM
I didn't realize how old this thread was. It's kind of weird that the owner actually found the thread where people were bashing his car 1.5 years ago...

SinisterProbeGt
12-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Not my taste but hey what do I know

Intelica350R
12-08-2003, 03:48 PM
The reason the headlight were put so far forward was because of the ABS Brake system on the left of the engine bay. when the jdm engine was installed I had the system relocated, so now with the redone conversion the lights will be pushed way up where they belong, and have more room to be flushed down in. And the reason they were angled in so much was because I was trying to follow the body lines of the hood, but with the one piece front end almost in place the lights will follow no lines and will aim straight now, giving the front a cleaner less oucward appearance. Oh and that Ugly Bitz kit front is gone....it looked good to me for a while, but now it bugs me (especially the extended part, and the vent in the top), so the Veilside Millenium front has replaced it!!!! With the one piece front end, the headlights will raise with the hood similer to the Mini Cooper front. It already looks better, only 3/4 done!!! The first (pictured) conversion was done by me and a few friends in a garage, so it cost me only for supplies, but I am now sponsored by House of Kolor, and Phantsy Colors paint and body, and the new conversion is being done professionally, and it will still only cost me a little more than the cost of supplies. Sometimes it pays to do things your self and save money, but it also pays to be different once in a while.

Project Intellica 350 R will be the first and only 350z Taillight conversion in the world.....I can't wait!!! :drool:

Look for it's release into the scene in early March of 2004.

Intelica350R
12-08-2003, 04:08 PM
Hey I remember the day that pic was taken.....I had just finished filming a section with some my crew and the guys from Exit Light Productions for the movie Faster, we were doing high speed runs through the fields of Blaine WA just over the border from VanCity. That's why none of us were in the show. haha lol.

oh and I figure just for the record, I was never trying to copy the Car Craft Integra in Cali......His is a 2 door LS and mine was a 4 door GSR (now JDM Type R), but besides that, he has the WW agressor front, and shogun sides and rear kit, and I had the Blitz front molded into Z3 fenders, WW sides, and Combat rear kit molded. The only thing similar is the hood, and the fact that we are both painted silver, even though mine has pearl in it ............ but hey...:whocares: anyway. ;)

SinisterProbeGt
12-08-2003, 05:04 PM
Welcome to the boards To bad your first post was to defend your car. but hey thats why were here.:thumbsup:

Intelica350R
12-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Hey, Thanks!!! I think.

I'm sure you'll appriciate my wife's car (my other project).

http://www.pcolors.webpointusa.com/images/customers/189127/photoalbum/DSCN1803.JPG

'03 Tiburon GT V6 WideBody

Dj_Stylz
12-08-2003, 05:21 PM
Welcome to beyond.

ZorroAMG
12-08-2003, 07:29 PM
HAHAHAHA..Classic back pedalling seen here on beyond by the kids that shouldn't post in the first place....

Sorry some of the people on here are such fucks...good luck with your car and conversion... :)

Intelica350R
12-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Believe it or not I ran across this post in an archive file by doing a search on Yahoo for (Integra Celica Conversion), which I do periodically to see if anyone else who has done the conversion is getting coverage too. Never expected to run across this, but now I kind of find it humorous. Thanks for the welcome, I will keep you guys updated as things progress with mine or my wifes car.
:D :burnout:

http://www.pcolors.webpointusa.com/images/customers/189127/photoalbum/DSCN0861.JPG

Kamen
12-09-2003, 07:18 PM
I want to see what it looks like now.

I like your wife's car :thumbsup: Looks nice

hjr
12-09-2003, 11:44 PM
Hey, Thanks!!! I think.

I'm sure you'll appriciate my wife's car (my other project).

http://www.pcolors.webpointusa.com/images/customers/189127/photoalbum/DSCN1803.JPG

'03 Tiburon GT V6 WideBody
See that doesnt look that bad. Props on the Tib. But IMO your car is fugly. But why do you even care? If soooo many people love it what with this ultra-defence mode? I understand that nobody likes having thier car bashed, but when you do a crazy radical custom like that you wont make everybody happy, so why bother trying... Also, you put it into the public eye, me being part of the general public now, they have a right to form an opinion on it. If you dont like it, move... haha. Im not bitching, just giving you my perspective.

Redlyne_mr2
12-10-2003, 12:00 AM
I know this post is extremely old but.......

You guys are pathetic, talkin shit about others cars like that. Don't you have anything better to do then rip on those who have obviously put way more time and effort into a project then you ever will. It didn't cost me a damn thing, I like it and so do the magazines, movie producers, sponsors, and thousands of spectators that view it a year. If it makes you any happier it is getting redone and this time done right (will not look like stickers peeling off as you say). I will post the updated pics of the one off widebody with 350Z tails, redone front conversion with the new one piece front end, and the fully fiberglassed interior at the begining of March 2004 after it is painted Kandy Colbalt Blue. Oh and just in case you think that this piece o' shit, as you call it, is only a bunch of body mods for show, you're wrong.....It has a fully built JDM B18C Type R Motor and LSD tranny, and runs high 13's in the 1/4 mile which is good enough, in my book, for a 4 door. If you don't like it, learn to keep it to yourself, because it's people like you that are causing the import scene to be just a bunch of critical, non appreciative anylists, and that in turn will cause the scene to slowly die. Uniqueness and variety is what continues to drive us and will always bring us something new, so don't knock it. :drama:

If you don't like it....:whocares:......well, I do, it's my car!!

pathetic........:( :dunno: :( ........peace :burnout:
You shouldnt assume that you have more work done to your car than any member on the board because there are many many Beyond members whos cars surpass yours in so many ways. You said a fully built b18c5..what does that include because it would take a pretty powerful na motor to bring that car into the 13s. I appreciate the work done to your car man, it just doesnt look like it was built properly

403Gemini
12-10-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

You shouldnt assume that you have more work done to your car than any member on the board because there are many many Beyond members whos cars surpass yours in so many ways. You said a fully built b18c5..what does that include because it would take a pretty powerful na motor to bring that car into the 13s. I appreciate the work done to your car man, it just doesnt look like it was built properly

im pretty sure he implyed MOST of us.which is indeed true.

I like it for its uniqueness. Not my cup of tea but it is indeed different and you know why, its all about custom to me. Anybody can buy a wings west kit and slap it on, but this gets noticed. Needs a few tweaks and the owner admitted it.

anyways, congrats on the ride, looks not to shabby to me, but what do i know? :dunno:

GT2NV
12-10-2003, 09:36 AM
holy sheet that thing is awful.. the headlight conversion looks like ass....

Intelica350R
12-10-2003, 01:59 PM
It doesn't bother me now, but the reason I went into ultra defense mode at first was because I have never ran across so many negative non-productive/non-constructive comments on my car, believe me it was a shocker!!!;)

I never said I had the B18C5 USDM engine!!!! I said it was the 2000 JDM Type R which just happens to be a B18C Spec R with no (5).....This engine was rated stock from the factory at around 200-210hp not 195-197hp like the USDM. It is not hard with a high stock compression ratio of 11.1:1 bumped up a bit by an aftermarket reinforced Mugen head gasket to build a NA motor to run low 13's. Especially when you have the LSD tranny and a Port and polished head, reinforced block with JE rods and pistons, Toda cams and retainers, titanium valvesprings, Toda Flywheel, AEM cam gears fuel rail and pulleys, ACT stage 3 clutch, Port and polish intake manifold, Injen Cold Air intake, Greddy Headers, 2.5" cat back dual exhaust, Walbro high volume Fuel Pump, Vennom injectors, MSD Ignition, Moroso Plug Wires, Denso Plugs, reprogramed and chipped ECU with 9200 rev limit, DC short shift shifter.

It's not so unbelievable to run such low times, especially if you have slicks, but the low 13's I have run were without them.

oh and it helps to gutt the interior, a 4 door weighs 95 pounds more than the 2 door.

I'm not saying you don't know your stuff, but I have been building in the import scene since '97 and I know that high 12's all motor is not hard if the engine is built right, and that goes for plently B series motors not just the JDM Type R.:thumbsup:

403Gemini
12-10-2003, 03:15 PM
so you said you got the shit done free right? wanna get my car done up? :) just the body will be fine... perhaps an exhaust system too ;) :thumbsup:

Intelica350R
12-10-2003, 03:30 PM
The prez of my car crew owns a body shop called Phantasy Colors, and they are redoing the conversion that I messed up the first time. They primaraly deal with House of Color's paint and can do almost any body mods you can dream up. Very good work and very highly recognized in the NW, they did the body work and pastel pearl on my wife's car. When their site is finished, I will put up a link, it should be a week or so. ;)

The engine work I had installed pretty cheap and most of the parts I got 25% off at a local race shop that sponsors our crew, but it still cost me an arm and a leg!!

C4S
12-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Must be a Car from Edmonton !

Vancouver's cars are nice ! not as GAY as Edmonton's cars !

and there is no "front plate" on it ..

:barf: :barf:

Good that you guy can tell what that car is !

Chester
12-10-2003, 03:51 PM
im sure it wouldn't look that bad if the lights werent so far forward

fast95pony
12-10-2003, 04:05 PM
Any slips to back up those "low 13's " 1/4 mile times ??
What track did you run at ??

403Gemini
12-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Chester
im sure it wouldn't look that bad if the lights werent so far forward

thats more or less what i was thinkin

Intelica350R
12-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Yup, that's why the headlights are being moved up into the hood about 6" and being flushed down in. I'm hoping it will lessen the oucward look of the front end (especially with the new front kit).

I took the car to PIR and ran a 13.620 @ 108.18 in the 1/4 mile which I feel is fast for a 4 door. I've done a few more upgrades and put a weight transfer bar on it and I was hoping to run mid to low 13's when the season opens back up next spring, but with all of the fiberglassing, widebody, and system for show purposes I'm just hoping to run the same kind of times I was in September.
Maybe I'll switch to forced induction but I've heard that turboing a type R is a waste and it should be supercharged, but I don't like superchargers nearly as much as turbos, and so I don't know:dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
12-10-2003, 07:53 PM
It doesn't bother me now, but the reason I went into ultra defense mode at first was because I have never ran across so many negative non-productive/non-constructive comments on my car, believe me it was a shocker!!!;)

I never said I had the B18C5 USDM engine!!!! I said it was the 2000 JDM Type R which just happens to be a B18C Spec R with no (5).....This engine was rated stock from the factory at around 200-210hp not 195-197hp like the USDM. It is not hard with a high stock compression ratio of 11.1:1 bumped up a bit by an aftermarket reinforced Mugen head gasket to build a NA motor to run low 13's. Especially when you have the LSD tranny and a Port and polished head, reinforced block with JE rods and pistons, Toda cams and retainers, titanium valvesprings, Toda Flywheel, AEM cam gears fuel rail and pulleys, ACT stage 3 clutch, Port and polish intake manifold, Injen Cold Air intake, Greddy Headers, 2.5" cat back dual exhaust, Walbro high volume Fuel Pump, Vennom injectors, MSD Ignition, Moroso Plug Wires, Denso Plugs, reprogramed and chipped ECU with 9200 rev limit, DC short shift shifter.

It's not so unbelievable to run such low times, especially if you have slicks, but the low 13's I have run were without them.

oh and it helps to gutt the interior, a 4 door weighs 95 pounds more than the 2 door.

I'm not saying you don't know your stuff, but I have been building in the import scene since '97 and I know that high 12's all motor is not hard if the engine is built right, and that goes for plently B series motors not just the JDM Type R.:thumbsup:
Never said it wasnt possible to get into the 13s man, I just know it takes a ton of work to get any power out on an na honda 4cyl. With 108mph trap speeds Id say your hp is anywhere from 220-240 which is damn good out of a 1.8l na. Thats the first car Ive ever seen thats has an extreme and nonfunctional look with an extremely well built engine. Just a question why not keep to the acura parts and us some tl heads intead of those weird toyota ones

C4S
12-10-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Never said it wasnt possible to get into the 13s man, I just know it takes a ton of work to get any power out on an na honda 4cyl. With 108mph trap speeds Id say your hp is anywhere from 220-240 which is damn good out of a 1.8l na. Thats the first car Ive ever seen thats has an extreme and nonfunctional look with an extremely well built engine. Just a question why not keep to the acura parts and us some tl heads intead of those weird toyota ones

Still .. I don't understand why people care and talk about their 1/4 mile time .. to me.. I don't care ! 11 second, 12, second, 13 second .. 20 second .. whatever .. :dunno: I don't care if I got 13.01 second, and my buddy got 12.98 second .....
I just want to drive a nice car !

I can not run as fast as Ben Johnson .. who cares ? :burnout:

hooligan
12-10-2003, 08:11 PM
because, some people arn't about Rice like you.

T5_X
12-10-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by hooligan

:rofl:

5.9 R/T
12-10-2003, 09:34 PM
Your car is god awful!

Welcome to beyond! haha :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
12-10-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by hooligan
You should the collection of cars C4S has bro..he'd make you eat your words hard haha

l/l/rX
12-11-2003, 12:03 AM
your wife needs bigger and wider rims on her tibouron. the rear wheels look damn small for that wide body kit. go deep dish. and as for yours i'll just put it this way :dunno: sorrie mang.

Intelica350R
12-11-2003, 11:33 AM
I would have stuck with just TL lights but the Celica headlights were the first of their kind and drew a lot more attention at the time of their release then just the semi average looking TL lights. Not to mention that with the width of the TL headlights they tend to look really scrunched together when on a smaller vehicle, and because of the slope of the hood and frontend of the integra, the TL lights would have had to have been mounted really far forward and down low on the front in order for them to point down on the ground and be functional. which is why I went with something a lot more aerodynamic that followed the body lines..

My wife's car has ((factory/stock)) rims because I've found that it's extremely hard to mod 2 vehicles at once. We want deep dish 19's, but don't we all...to bad they're damn expensive!!! We would like to find a sponsor for rims but since we haven't yet, the money we have is focused on my car for now. ;)

Yes, track times are important when proving that you are striveing for both show and go, and not just rice, not to mention time slips and dyno charts help earn you points from the judges at a show, and with how competetive the show scene has become it helps to have that extra edge over your full show no go opponent!!! :tongue:

SinisterProbeGt
12-11-2003, 12:14 PM
here is a probe with a celica head light conversion
http://images.cardomain.com/installs/239000-239999/239928_99_full.jpg http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/405000-405999/405329_1_full.jpg http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/405000-405999/405329_9_full.jpg

fj0
12-11-2003, 12:14 PM
when youre talking about rice it sounds as cosmetic changes = rice

wtf is that all about? :drama: :dunno:

Intelica350R
12-11-2003, 01:00 PM
Yea!!! What is up with that.....Define Rice!!!!! Oh this is going to get good....hahaHa:rofl:

If an Import has just exterior modifications but no power to back up it's agressive looks...is it RICE?? HAHA

Hey I've seen that Probe before... He did a good job on his conversion, looks sweet!!!:thumbsup:

DeSi
12-11-2003, 01:13 PM
i give teh guy props for origionality, but fuck thats nasty

DeSi
12-11-2003, 01:13 PM
....the probe is nice though

Intelica350R
12-11-2003, 01:42 PM
The Probe has his lights in more or less like the position I am changing mine to. Funny even his paint is close to the color, but mine will be a bit deeper and darker, and KANDY!!:D

403Gemini
12-11-2003, 02:23 PM
wow i like that probe, its very slick lookin!

Toms-Celica
12-11-2003, 05:21 PM
Ok: If that car could talk, what would it say?

-"All your bases belong to us"
-"Im going to eat you"
-"Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

inawiJ
12-11-2003, 05:29 PM
the probe looks sweet

Kona9
12-11-2003, 06:29 PM
the probe looks rectumish!!!! IMO