PDA

View Full Version : 92 eg engine revs

brownchild
07-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Hey guys I have a lil problem with my 92 eg that I wanna take care of since its getting annoying, I have a B16b SOHC engine swap, the engine has approx 130000 kms, and when I first start the car and its idling in neutral, the revs keep going up and down, after I drive it for about 10 minutes, it starts idling fine, what can this be, and what can I do to fix it. Also when I start the car up after 2 days the revs dont go high and low, it jus revs at like 3 rpm. What can this be? Thanks in advance.

freakin
07-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Sounds like a vacuum leak. Look for some cracked hoses attached to the intake and replace them.

PS, a B16B, or any B-series for that matter, is DOHC not SOHC. Not that this piece of information is going to help your idling problem. Just an FYI.

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-24-2006, 02:57 PM
for the 3k reving... its just the car warming up, circulating oil, and such, i know when my car is cold from parking over night, it was start at 1.5k and slowly go back down to the regular 800 range idle... but do check your vacuum hoses:thumbsup:

the_new_santa1
07-24-2006, 03:02 PM
I had the same problem with a b series swap...On the back of the engine close to the firewall is your map sensor, it is a small black box the size of a tic-tac container, check that the vaccum line is hooked up all that way, not just a little bit....

BTW:This is my 100th POST!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :hitit: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JspecB16
07-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by freakin

PS, a B16B, or any B-series for that matter, is DOHC not SOHC. Not that this piece of information is going to help your idling problem. Just an FYI.

He's right, infact a B16b is the best civic motor available besides a spoon. Its the Civic Type R enigine. Sorry, i know thats still not helping the idle problem but it is just to clarify.

I have had occasional irregular idles on every honda ive owned but it is never consistant like that, it will only occur if the car has been parked in the cold for a long period of time (day or 2).