PDA

View Full Version : What the??!!

funkedelic
07-24-2006, 12:32 PM
LINK (http://www.taxpayer.com/main/news.php?news_id=2242)

thats fucken great we have a big problem already and now its going to be 100x worse im getting the fuck out of here!!!!!!

funkedelic
07-24-2006, 12:56 PM
can anyone tell me what this means?!!

cycosis
07-24-2006, 01:05 PM
its means that the natives are getting another free fucking break and theyll turn the land into shit and be exempt form taxes and we'll ahev to foot the bill in other areas for this "free tax". fuckin reserves....:guns:

calgarygts
07-24-2006, 01:19 PM
It means the natives are taking over canada!!! You better run and hide cause they're going to ruin everything!!!!!

The city is not going to establish an urban reserve without some restrictions to negate the potential problems described in that article. I can see where it could be beneficial to the native community as well as the city in working towards a win/win solution for the problems natives face today.

There are also some valid points brought out by the CTF, albeit very one sided arguments. The CTF claims that their native affairs division, whatever it's called, is there to help aboriginals but this article is really going the other way. I'm not impressed with whoever wrote the article, but maybe the city of Lethbridge will consider some of these things if they weren't already looking at them. If the city does just give them the urban reserve without any kind of restrictions or ground rules, well I'd shake my head at that.

In any case, if you're really worried about it why don't you do some poking around and see what you can find out about this proposed venture instead of reading one article and running to beyond to get advice about what it means. Get in touch with the city of Lethbridge and find out what's going on, if you're unhappy about it get involved.

By the way cycosis, nice. I really like your attitude, it will definitely help the situation. Everyone should be like you.

funkedelic
07-24-2006, 01:20 PM
PEOPLE THERE MAKING A FUCKEN RESERVE IN LETHBRIDGE INSIDE LETHBRIDGE!!!! SO INSTEAD OF ALL THE NATIVES YOU SEE DOWNTOWN THERES GOING TO BE THOUSANDS OF THEM IN THE ALLEYS AND EVERYWHERE GREAT:thumbsdow

I DONT CARE ABOUT THE TAXES I JUST DONT WANT TO SE THIS BEAUTIFUL CITY TURN INTO A FUCKEN DUMP.

Unknown303
07-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Wow thats a interesting article.

So what they are saying is that if the land was turned into a urban reserve the only way to ever get it back would be if they natives on the land had a majority vote to return it to the crown. Thats harsh.

I for one support the arguement of the person who wrote the article. I think its about time that native lost there freeride. If a person is living in canada they should be paying the same as the rest of us. After all they want the same things as us, road maintainance and social programs. So why can't they front the taxes that the rest of us pay.

I'm not trying to be racist or anything, i just think its about time that everyone is treated equally. Taxes are part of life, we have to deal with it.

calgarygts
07-24-2006, 01:33 PM
What do you mean there's nothing you can do? Who tried to do anything? Who's in charge of the proposal? Have you personally tried to do anything?
All I'm hearing is someone bitching on a car website about natives wrecking his city while he doesn't do anything himself. If you work for the city then maybe you have some contacts you could use to find out what you can do to voice your opinion.
Talk to your alderman and find out what they can do for you.
What do you do for the city of Lethbridge?

funkedelic
07-24-2006, 01:34 PM
dude i dont care about the taxes! we have (had) a beautiful park galt gardens and now people a terrified waking down there. and its now a homeless shelter i guess.
lots of times peolple got jumped and beaten badly over some beer or cigarettes. if they were only civilized then i wouldnt care.

calgarygts
07-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Unknown303, I definitely hear your side and agree that there is a lot of wasted resources spent on native programs that aren't working the way they were intended to. There are also a lot of problems that natives face today that we (I'm a white kid from a decent background) don't have to see.
Changes need to be made, this could be a step towards a solution or it could be another stone in the pile of ideas that haven't really worked out. I think this idea has some real merit if it's applied correctly (ie. some thought and planning put in place to address the issues that article mentioned).
Funkedelic, this is something that is being brought about as a way for those very natives you're so scared of to become 'civilized'. It's an avenue for them to become part of the society we live and work in. If there's a chance for that to help get the natives growing up from making that park their home, why wouldn't you support it?

funkedelic
07-24-2006, 01:58 PM
calgarygts im a very optimistic person, and i would love to see them succeed! but....but it just wont happen they had a nice reserve standoff the largest in canada, and they turned it into a piehole so do you honestly think they will make lethbridge a nicer place or turn it upside down? i just think its there attitude of thinking that there better than everyone eles so they can do what ever they want.

Unknown303
07-24-2006, 02:09 PM
I just question whether or not its fair to bring that kind business into the city. Considering all the breaks that they get i thought it was almost acceptable since they had those breaks out on reserves. But to have that kind of freedom inside a city i think is just taking advantage of ... i'm not even sure what. Just doesn't seem like its the best way to do it.

JAYMEZ
07-24-2006, 03:05 PM
funkedelic stop double posting , just edit your previous post.

funkedelic
07-24-2006, 03:33 PM
jaymez, never had i seen in any discussion in any thread somebody edits there post to respond to someones post.
but you sir are authority here so im am greatly sorry. i will only make one post per thread.
ps. notice my post count i do not intend to raise it by double posting.

adam c
07-24-2006, 03:39 PM
"goal is to spur native economic growth"

wow those words just don't belong in the same sentence together

calgarygts
07-24-2006, 04:01 PM
http://www.bloodtribe.org/news/news.html

Try that one, it gives a different point of view on this venture. This is actually a possibility for Medicine and Calgary, maybe now all the calgary people will get in on the thread. From the blood tribe's perspective this sounds like an appealing process to get more of their tribe members into the workforce.
I'm a bit puzzled as to why this tax payers group seems to be lobbying against this move, I can see their main point but it gets lost when I think about the reasons this is being done. Maybe they can't see the forest for the trees? Or maybe there's more to it than what I know (very likely).

http://www.lethbridge.ca/home/City+Hall/City+Council/Council+Information/DEFAULT.htm

Now you know where to go to voice your concerns in a positive manner. Hopefully you can shed some light to the decision makers on what you might think could happen should this go through in Lethbridge.

the_new_santa1
07-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Finally I can voice a concern I have, I got screwed over by a native it is kind of personal so I dont want to tell how but it was about $10,000, I went to set up a small claims case, And i found out you cant sew a native....Dont get me worng I have has some friends that are natives, they where cool but they wernt reserve natives, reserve natives apparently are the worst....It pisses me off big time...:thumbsdow

JO-WN4GE
07-24-2006, 07:07 PM
uhhhhhh in all honesty who the fuck cares.......... theirs just going to give them some crap land on the outskirts of town and its not like theirs going to be "more" natives around, if you havnt already noticed theirs alooooot of them and theirs no where on the reserve where you can goto buy shit like a walmart or anything so they all come into town anyway...... if anything maybe it will get some of them away from the rest of the city all they would realy need to do is setup programs like a food shelter and ect and they would probibly just go live in their own area so they dont get harassed all the time by punk kids like me.

JAYMEZ
07-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by funkedelic
jaymez, never had i seen in any discussion in any thread somebody edits there post to respond to someones post.
but you sir are authority here so im am greatly sorry. i will only make one post per thread.
ps. notice my post count i do not intend to raise it by double posting.

That was not my problem , you would post one thing , then you would post under your own post again , you did it 3 times , hence why I deleted them... Anyways bitch away about the stupid gov't.

buck
07-24-2006, 08:31 PM
What this really means, is that our meat sack of a mayor is going to sell us out. It also doesn't help that all of city council has never worked in the private sector (aka goverment workers)..

This current council by far is the most corrupt we have ever had. We have somehow lost 17 million is emergency funds that was supposedly lent to another city department ,and will never be paid back. The new bus terminal on the end of 13 st. , another 3 million(for a bus stop , someone at tolstrup const. swallows).
Hey you can beat me down about my opinion, but have a look at the city council.. Face itwe are going to be ass raped, and there is no lube in sight.
What we need is a council of bussines men and women who really care about this city not how much they can squander on things like urban reserves and expense accounts

Peace:bullshit:

crazydave
07-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by JO-WN4GE
uhhhhhh in all honesty who the fuck cares.......... theirs just going to give them some crap land on the outskirts of town and its not like theirs going to be "more" natives around, if you havnt already noticed theirs alooooot of them and theirs no where on the reserve where you can goto buy shit like a walmart or anything so they all come into town anyway...... if anything maybe it will get some of them away from the rest of the city all they would realy need to do is setup programs like a food shelter and ect and they would probibly just go live in their own area so they dont get harassed all the time by punk kids like me.
out skirts of town being by my house!!!lol. :guns: :guns:

jdm_eg6
07-24-2006, 09:22 PM
I think we all have to start releasing the Native community from this Free Ride, the land belongs to all of us now. I for one dont see how they complain constantly, especially because they have so many additional aids(sp?) to help them financially. We should be all treated as equals and should all have equal oppertunity to access wealth and benifits. To me they are milking the system to an extreme extent and it should be stopped, it helps no one especially them.

The fact is that all these extra regulations create a huge department of needless spending, somone has to generate these bills, tax cut benifits, monthly cheques, and over abundance of benifits for the native community. People are being paid to make these plans for the natives, and these departments developing and managing these systems cost us millions let alone the "Free univeristy" Trip they get aswell, somone has to pick up the slack and how often do we complain about how hard it is on us?

IT was only fare that this land was collonized it happend all over the world durring exploration and attempting to draw the world map, except 99% of the countries who were changed through many wars and unfair invasions and settlements have focused on dealing with what they have and what they can do rather than what they had and what they can exploit.

This is not any sort of racist rant, iam just explaining the MANY benifits the natives get without realizing how much they are really getting.

PS: how can natives be really homeless, they can get poverty cheques and Native ethnicity cheques too. Plus free univeristy?

^Just wondering.

Plus if there are any Natives on this site please explain your possition, it can help enlighten us on the situation and what not and what all the benifits have done to help restructure and honestly feel like "you" still are the proprietors of this land

kaput
07-24-2006, 09:32 PM

funkedelic
07-25-2006, 12:14 AM
outskirts are you crazy??!!!! its going to be behind auto appearanc and atco gas all that land was given to them! 40 acres!:thumbsdow

buck
07-25-2006, 07:20 AM
What i would like to know is where is the city going to get the money to build all of the new buiuldings needed for there support and maintenance.. HEard a rumor that they would move to the exhibition grounds, but now that the exhibition doesn't have the money to rebuild maybe this urban reserve is a wash. We just need to get rid of the council and mayor as well as the city manager. Before they give it away

SexOnWheels
07-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by jdm_eg6
...I think we all have to start releasing the Native community from this Free Ride, the land belongs to all of us now....

Agreed I was born here aswell. We need a new system with no more "Free Rides".

The taxation system in the country is brutal we have to let go of the 'welfare state' system currently in place!

buck
07-29-2006, 09:10 AM
I have a soultion.. We need semi trailers: One full of whiskey and the other full of Guns.. Just leave one of each in brocket and standoff, I give them 6 hours and they either die from alchol poisoning or kill each other.
Maybe we could get a grant from the city, and call it the the "Reserve Renewal Project"

Audio_Rookie
07-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by buck
I have a soultion.. We need semi trailers: One full of whiskey and the other full of Guns.. Just leave one of each in brocket and standoff, I give them 6 hours and they either die from alchol poisoning or kill each other.
Maybe we could get a grant from the city, and call it the the "Reserve Renewal Project"

:rofl: