PDA

View Full Version : Shipping large items across the Country

James
07-24-2006, 08:41 PM
I just have a few general questions about shipping a Cf Hood to Ontario. I have never Sold anything to anyone before that wasnt local, so I dont want to look like an idiot when i go to Ship it.

How can i get an accurate Qoute, do i need to bring them the hood and have them box it up/weigh it?

What company should i go through, Canada Post, UPS, etc...?

The Buyer says he will send me the money through "xpresspost"....is this a good method?.....Ive only bought things with paypal before.

Do i Send it once the Funds are Approved, how does this work?.....And is there anything else im missing? thanks.

JRSC00LUDE
07-25-2006, 04:27 PM
So far as I know, you must pre-pkg for all shipping co.'s, don't think any of them do it for you. Call ups etc. and tell them the final dimensions of your package once you have it ready to ship as it may be too big to send with them. I recently got some new seats in vancouver and found that ups/purolator/fedex would not ship them as they have a max. pkg size that a seat in a box exceeded. A good deal for shipping (as long as it's pkg'd well) for something bigger like that is sometimes just sending it as freight with air canada/westjet. I don't know anything about sending larger items with canada post. Once you have your pkg dimensions and shipping weight the phone will be your best friend!

ZMan2k2
07-25-2006, 04:59 PM
I work at the post office, and all I can say is, DON'T SHIP YOUR HOOD THROUGH US!! As for the funds coming xpresspost, that should work out well for you. Probably be here 2 days after he sent it.

The reason I say don't ship the hood with Canada Post is that we use metal cages to store our packages in. Then they are double-stacked. The hood would be too tall for one of these cages, and would definitely run the risk of getting damaged. Anything over 4-ft tall runs that risk. Usually we are pretty good with tall items, but with a hood being wide and tall, it could be a whole lot easier to damage.

thesmackdown
07-25-2006, 06:32 PM
A hood will exceed the limits they will allow you to send via canada post. They are retarded on their rules with normal poeple. I wasn't allowd to ship a catback exhaust due to the length of the box exceeding 4' or some bullshit like that. UPS will ship most anything but make sure you have the package well wrapped.

CD007
07-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Send it through Greyhound.

It will be the cheapest. Except the buyer will have to pick it up at the depot.

I had a body kit shipped this way with no problems.

A2VR6
07-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by CD007
Send it through Greyhound.

It will be the cheapest. Except the buyer will have to pick it up at the depot.

I had a body kit shipped this way with no problems.

:werd: Greyhound allows for larger packages if compared to UPS/Fedex and it's usually cheaper as well. You can also get residential delievery for an extra 5.00 i believe from greyhound.

James
07-25-2006, 08:55 PM
thanks guys, i got a rough qute from greyhound online and the say it will cost just over $50 to ship, not bad i guess, i hope they will package it for me cause i dont have the original box anymore.