PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of a damaged car..

Sasuke_Kensai
07-24-2006, 09:46 PM
I damaged my car last winter, sliding on some ice and destroying my rear. Problem is, I didn't really know the accident procedure and I just drove it home to my garage without getting a police report, I got a new car and just let the damaged car sit in the garage. Now it's taking up a lot of room, so I want to get rid of it.

Am I going to run into any registration/legal questions or problems if I try to send the car off to a junkyard/kidney foundation? I wouldn't care about getting any cash at all for it, I just want it out of my hair.

Payner
07-24-2006, 09:54 PM
what kind of car

Supa Dexta
07-24-2006, 09:55 PM
read the kidney foundation site, they will take it in any shape really, as long as all parts (for the most part) are with the car, I took out anything good from mine, lights, fuses and shit like that, that I may need later on...

Sasuke_Kensai
07-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Their site doesn't seem to say much, I'm just paranoid about having them come to tow it and then check the registration history on it or something, and send me to jail :dunno: I have no idea how this kind of thing works.

technically the car is still all in one piece, i read some guy got refused because his was missing a fender. but i also read all you need is the four wheels and the engine.

Zoom_Zoom
07-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Sasuke_Kensai
Their site doesn't seem to say much, I'm just paranoid about having them come to tow it and then check the registration history on it or something, and send me to jail :dunno: I have no idea how this kind of thing works.

technically the car is still all in one piece, i read some guy got refused because his was missing a fender. but i also read all you need is the four wheels and the engine.

Look in the bargain finder some guy will come take it as long as the suspension and tires r there, i had a prelude i stripped clean put some donuts on the back and he took it for free

Slashin_
07-24-2006, 11:59 PM
make your self a buck or too stick in the bargin finder and beyond market place....make sure you say rear damage,car sold as is....make your self 300 bucks or whatever you want...
or sell as parts car

if someone say why didn't you report...just say under 1000 dollars...because all accident below 1000 does not have to be reported

Team_Mclaren
07-25-2006, 12:32 AM
as long as you have the registration or the bill of sale to prove that the car is yours. No one cares if its damage. I have had 5 cars towed either from kidney foundation or some random towing company and they never question about anything. Tow truck drivers just dont care.

fyi: kidney foundation wont take anything without an engine. I got lucky once because the truck driver was pissed at pyp and wanted to fuck them over.... :rofl: so he took my pos anyway.

freakin
07-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah....I've never had a problem getting a parts car taken away. As long as you're the owner of the car, you're fine. Don't worry about the damage (unless you commited some sort of crime in the process of getting the damage :rofl: ), no one cares if you reported it. You just need to drain all of the fluids and take the battery out before they crush it. I forgot abou this and had a driver stick a punch through the gas tank and dump fuel all over my driveway. My grass is just starting to come back on the sides where it ran off to. :guns:

But you can get them to take it in any shape. Mine was picked up for free with no body panels, suspension, interior or engine (basically just a chasis and glass).

arian_ma
07-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
read the kidney foundation site, they will take it in any shape really, as long as all parts (for the most part) are with the car, I took out anything good from mine, lights, fuses and shit like that, that I may need later on...

The Kidney Foundation will take your car as long as it has 4 wheels. (At least that's what they told me when I donated a car)

Team_Mclaren
07-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma

The Kidney Foundation will take your car as long as it has 4 wheels. (At least that's what they told me when I donated a car)

you dont read do you?

Sasuke_Kensai
07-25-2006, 10:13 PM
well, i called them and told them it was damaged, they didnt ask about anything. and it was okay not to have a hatch on as well. thanks guys, I just wanted to hear some experiences/advice cause I was too much of a scaredy cat :)

arian_ma
07-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

you dont read do you?

Not very often :poosie:
My bad.

POGIMJ
10-04-2006, 03:12 PM
hey wat kind of car is it/ where in calgary/ ill be happy to take out of ur hair? when can i take it? u still have it?
let me know thanks,mj

hingkit
10-04-2006, 03:20 PM
I have a 98 corolla engine works but the front axels are busted .... low kms too .... need to get rid of it .... u think anyone will take it for like $500 ... i just want it out of here, HASSLE FREE.

barbarian
10-04-2006, 07:47 PM
So, what did you HIT with your rear that you didn't report?

Mikey_008
10-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Jari......donate it to a high school!

metrosfinest
10-04-2006, 11:35 PM
we can remove any scrap car/truck car at no charge 612-8697 TOW-GUYS TOWING Ltd regardless of ther condition:thumbsup: