PDA

View Full Version : Do you get along with people who own the same car as you?

Redlyne_mr2
04-14-2003, 10:46 PM
The second gen MR2 community is filled with a cool group of people there's not too many of us but if I every see someone else in a second gen MR2 theres always a thumbs up or a honk exchanged...does the same thing apply to your community or do you hate those who drive the same car as you...any interesting experiences?

CRX crazy
04-14-2003, 10:51 PM
same common bond i don't see why you wouldn't like the people who drive the same car as you, i generly get along with ppl who drive crx's ........ unless i've dated them of course :rofl:

T5_X
04-14-2003, 10:52 PM
Well, my truck isn't really an enthusiast vehicle, and there are millions around so the population of ranger drivers are too varied. Slammed ones are few and far between too, I've only been on the road once when I've seen another driver in one and we gave each other a nod. Otherwise, most of the other auto enthusiasts that own rangers have them lifted and are bastards, not the kind of crowd I get along with.

Ben
04-14-2003, 10:55 PM
I always do, but I find a big "rivalry" almost between most people who drive hondas

2000impreza
04-14-2003, 10:56 PM
i find most wrx/2.5RS owners are assholes. lol. they always think they are king of the road for some reason.... :rolleyes: its almost like they have something to prove...

Superesc
04-14-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
i find most wrx/2.5RS owners are assholes. lol. they always think they are king of the road for some reason.... :rolleyes: its almost like they have something to prove...

Fuji should stop racing you!! :rofl:

yea I don't know, I always try NOT to look at other drivers when I am driving... don't want to invoke anything... :(

Glowrider
04-14-2003, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I get along with most of the BMW owners that hang out, from my area.

three.eighteen.
04-14-2003, 11:14 PM
yeah, nodderoo at other bmw drivers usually evokes a positive reaction

GTS Jeff
04-14-2003, 11:14 PM
most corolla drivers are moms and grandmas

max_boost
04-14-2003, 11:18 PM
I waved to some dude in a black s2000 with amuse front lip and he totally ignored me! LOL What a cuss, its not like he didn't see me because we were only at a 3 way stop and I drove right in front of him.....haha oh well

88CRX
04-14-2003, 11:21 PM
I give fellow CRXers a wave but most are either older and think I'm a dumbass for waveing or just completely ignore me.

RSeXy
04-14-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Ben
I always do, but I find a big "rivalry" almost between most people who drive hondas

i agree! hahaha!

gpomp
04-14-2003, 11:26 PM
Bikers wave to other bikers.

szw
04-14-2003, 11:44 PM
Bikers wave to other bikers.

So do bus drivers.

I've met a couple cool se-r owners by accident. They parked next to me and once someone pulled in behind me at a car wash bay, and we talked for a bit.

All the ones I see on the road, I catch up to, but none of the guys ever look over, but two girls driving se-r's looked over and smiled!

T5_X
04-14-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by szw

but two girls driving se-r's looked over and smiled!

LOL, stay away from my gf! :guns:

R-Audi
04-14-2003, 11:49 PM
Most Audi owners are Old balls, but the guys that come out to the Audi meets are all good guys, and from all ages.
I get more nods from VW owners, then Audi's.

ancient
04-15-2003, 12:10 AM
Anyone who drives a 4th gen lude, or even the 5th gen lude drivers out there, know that it is common knowledge between us to exchange a nod / honk / thumbs up when we pass on the road.

rice_eater
04-15-2003, 12:15 AM
there's about a couple million neons around...it'd be an endless honk :D But yeah all the people that work on theirs get along real well and help eachother out as much as they can

Fuji
04-15-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Superesc

Fuji should stop racing you!! :rofl:

yea I don't know, I always try NOT to look at other drivers when I am driving... don't want to invoke anything... :(

Hey!!! Even I know that it's not a fair race.... for 2000impreza :P :rofl:

Fuji
04-15-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
most corolla drivers are moms and grandmas

NICE! Your type of women :D

Dave P
04-15-2003, 12:43 AM
Us contour drives stick together.

Me and all the moms and grandmas

motto_adrenelin
04-15-2003, 01:00 AM
almost every guy thats I have come across that drive an 88 91 civic h/b are cool about talking and wave everytime I see them

fast95pony
04-15-2003, 01:00 AM
I usually give another nice Stang the thumbs up.
Most other Focus drivers don't really notice the SVT :( .

motto_adrenelin
04-15-2003, 01:01 AM
some people out there if looks could kill :guns: :guns:

ExtremeSi
04-15-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Ben

I know what you mean! Most 3rd gen Prelude drivers look like thugs trying to be cool and just glare at me. I dont understand.

theken
04-15-2003, 01:43 AM
when i see a jimmy that looks half as nice as mine i get the stare from them (not the bad one) then i smile and nod :pimp: and i only see like a couple probes but they are usually old, or girls.

buh_buh
04-15-2003, 01:45 AM
Its not really a hatred towards fellow Honda members. I just hate the ricers with the windshield washer LED's, bigass spoilers and the ones that drive with the gangsta lean! haha

girlRACER
04-15-2003, 01:46 AM
Most SLK drivers are really friendly and they wave to each other, honk, or give the thumbs up. There is an even bigger reaction when I run into one that is the same color as mine since most of them are silver.

However, there are a few non-SLK enthusiasts. They're mostly old women and I usually get snobby looks from them. :rolleyes:

But in general we get along well. Just look at the Beyond SLK family!! :D

However, I have noticed that there is some competitive thing among roadsters especially between Z3's and SLK's. haha...I remember seeing a plate on a Z3 that said IH8SLK :rofl: posted on the forums once.

girlRACER
04-15-2003, 01:54 AM
Infiniti drivers never acknowledge each other. In fact, the only girl that drove the same car as me at school kept taking my parking spot on purpose. Useless b*tch :banghead:

ninjak84
04-15-2003, 02:12 AM
i've met alot of 240 owners face to face, and after hearing "i'm gettin the SR, but my car is stock" about a million times, i got pretty bitter towards most of them. so now i'm the asshole that won't acknowledge other 240's on the road.
honestly... most 240 owners drive absolute beaters, and all they say is "but i'm gonna do the swap"

really? maybe you should take care of the 90% chassis rust first.

honesty is always appreciated, and bullshitting is never recommended

if you have plans, great, tell me about them. but don't preach about a 10 second car you dont have....

mwmhong
04-15-2003, 07:50 AM
Most neon owners I've met are A-OK.
Most neon owners on Beyond are OK, except for this guy (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=6099&highlight=neon+acr) :rolleyes:

I've only seen a few really awful 'riced-out' neons (ie. Fool Injected, Budweiser).
Most look relatively stock, which is good I guess. :)

In terms of street encounters, I'll look over a smile at a newer SX 2.0 or give the odd 'what's up' nod.

Mckenzie
04-15-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by mwmhong
Most neon owners I've met are A-OK.
Most neon owners on Beyond are OK, except for this guy (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=6099&highlight=neon+acr) :rolleyes:

I've only seen a few really awful 'riced-out' neons (ie. Fool Injected, Budweiser).
Most look relatively stock, which is good I guess. :)

In terms of street encounters, I'll look over a smile at a newer SX 2.0 or give the odd 'what's up' nod.

Speaking of Neons, have you seen a blue 2 door neon with rims and a big aluminum spoiler?

I saw one yesterday on Glenmore that was 'hooked up' I guess....pretty flashy...

As for legends, I only know of 1 other coupe driven by a younger guy. It is a pearl white legend in the NE..... I think I am alone in the legend community....

GTS Jeff
04-15-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Fuji

NICE! Your type of women :D aw hell yea!!

haha actually when i see a modded corolla we usually wave at each other and stuff....cuz the corolla guys are few and far between. last time i ran into a modded corolla we ended pulling over at a gas station and talkin for like 20 minutes haha

Killumanti
04-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Yup, I get along with everyone without a car :rofl:

MrX
04-15-2003, 11:31 AM
The XR crowd is a pretty cool community of people. There's always a friendly nod when you see each other coming in the opposite direction. And everytime I'm going the same direction as one, we usually end up stopping off on a side street to chat. It's a neat little niche community and you learn a lot about others and their cars this way.

Hakkola
04-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I've met a few with Benzos and it's been pretty cool. I think I get more attention and respect from the bmw crowd though, which is interesting.

ZorroAMG
04-15-2003, 11:48 AM
As for MB owners, most are older but when they receive a nod, smile or wave from me, they usually reciprocate. What I do hate is when I am stopped at a light and I am beside another nice car (modded, riced or whatever but not MB) and I nod or acknowledge their car they look at me and think I am making fun of them because I drive a benz and ignore me...well I think that is lame and low self esteem pisses me off. For the record, my car is not brand new, and is by no means a drag racer so chill out and grab yourself a coke and a smile :) and wave back for F#$%'s sake!!! ;)

Canadian 2.5RS
04-15-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

I get quite the opposite responce. i get waves all the time for WRX//legacy/RS owners, i do get the snotty up nose from the outback owners though, but they're old and grumpy so who cares about them anyways.

rsxrsx
04-15-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Superesc

Yes, me too. I try to avoid looking at other people when I drive. Not saying that I'm some kind of ass but, It never really concerned me until now. Oh yeah, I do see people through the corner of my eye checking my car out, but I never look at them because, I might get jumped or some shit, lol :D

ConVict
04-15-2003, 12:12 PM
Probes owners are brutal, if I see one in traffic I race up to em to give em a thumbs up or a nod. They just look at me like, what the hell do you want. Or just kinda glance at my car and keep on going. I have never had a single probe driver, unless I kinda know them, give me props for driving the same car they do ... :thumbsdow

hjr
04-15-2003, 01:14 PM
there are not enough cool VW's on the road (at least up here in edmonton) so there is no point in comradery. Most of em would look at my jetta and not give it a second though. They dont know that the 2 side badges and 1 rear badge that says "GTX" means its way faster then their piece of crap VW. (of course this doesnt apply to the new 1.8T owners)

hjr
04-15-2003, 01:16 PM
And as for my old hippy bus, i just get wierd looks. Nobody else has one that i have not already met through AirRiders shows. So not much comradery there either cause there isnt anybody else who has em.

Ben
04-15-2003, 01:25 PM
I find most VW owners to be very humbkle and welcoming to other vw owners, Like when I had my Mk1 GLI, that thing got heaps of respect because people could appreciate its rarity and the history behind it. This cirtainly cannot besaid for "Other" groups but hey, ignorance is bliss right :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In any case, I have my thoughts and people have theirs.

calarina
04-15-2003, 01:31 PM
Well, I know 4 other people that drive integras (although one integra is dead and I'm buying it). We all get along well, swap stories, how-to's, and tinker with each others cars...and drive them. :) I get along with other integra owners, since there's so few of them. :tongue:

JustinL
04-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Watercooled Porsche guys are super friendly. Most of the 911 guys are cool too but there are a few asses out there who look down at my car. Often it's a wave, ocasionally a fog light flash. I wave to almost every Porsche... although I've almost given up on the Boxster owners though.

That reminds me of once on whyte ave, some guy told me to get a real Porsche like the mid 70s 911 ahead of me. He was in an 80s malibu with a "5 point O! man" so I laughed and drove away. Jackass.

Justin

hjr
04-15-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by JustinL
Watercooled Porsche guys are super friendly. Most of the 911 guys are cool too but there are a few asses out there who look down at my car. Often it's a wave, ocasionally a fog light flash. I wave to almost every Porsche... although I've almost given up on the Boxster owners though.

That reminds me of once on whyte ave, some guy told me to get a real Porsche like the mid 70s 911 ahead of me. He was in an 80s malibu with a "5 point O! man" so I laughed and drove away. Jackass.

Justin

What a tard. I hope you told him off or at least corrected his wrong assumption that the 911 was faster. those mid 70's N/A porsches were not the quickest of cars. pretty good handeling though.

SplineZ
04-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Most of the fiero owners are just "drivers" and really dont care too much about others. Most of the ones on the road are peices of junk.
The Enthusiasts tho are another thing. Always a friendly wave, or a bark of the engine ;) Most of them are "middle aged", some of the GT's are driven by younger guys tho.. heeh

JZ