PDA

View Full Version : FS: Shaw cable modem

p0wder
07-25-2006, 07:36 AM
Used 2 years, good condition, asking $35.

Model: Motorola CyberSurfr Wave Modem.

Taz_Tuff
07-25-2006, 10:46 AM
I have a shaw box already on one TV, can I get another, plug it into a second TV and it just works or do I have to do something to get it to work and will Shaw charge me for that?

Depending on the answers, I will take it.

lint
07-25-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Taz_Tuff
I have a shaw box already on one TV, can I get another, plug it into a second TV and it just works or do I have to do something to get it to work and will Shaw charge me for that?

Depending on the answers, I will take it.

It's a cable modem, for internet, not a cable tv box.

Taz_Tuff
07-25-2006, 10:50 AM
DOH!!!!!

OK, same question, do you know if I have to pay shaw extra to have another one or can I just plug it in and have internet? I have a shaw cable modem already....... I could always use another for another room and a second PC....

lint
07-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Taz_Tuff
DOH!!!!!

OK, same question, do I have to pay shaw extra to have another one or can I just plug it in and have internet? I have a shaw cable modem already....... I could always use another for another room and a second PC....

You can pay shaw for a second IP, but you don't need to. Just get yourself a router if you want to hook up another PC.

Taz_Tuff
07-25-2006, 10:55 AM
OK, will do, thanks for your help, good luck selling this......

hussein
07-25-2006, 10:56 AM
What brand/model cable modem is this?
And secondly, do you owe anything on the account which this cable modem was registered to for service? (Just asking so I know if I can activate it without any issues.)

Thanks.