PDA

View Full Version : Photo Radar Question

dezinr
07-25-2006, 10:35 AM
I've received to photo radar tickets for no more than 10km over the posted....ex. 60 in a 50 and 80 in a 70.

Has anyone been able to bring the fines down for a similar case or is it simply pay the full fine and never drive more than 5km over?

Yes I know 10km over is still speeding....not refuting that so no need to start with smart ass comments. Just wondering what others experiences were in a similar case.

Cheers

topmade
07-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Yeah you can get it knocked down if you go down to Rocky Mountain Plaza and talk to the on-site lawyer (go the the cashiers and tell them you want to talk to the lawyer). But since there is no demerits involved I probably wouldn't fuss over it because they do keep track of your history. And if you do go down, go down nice and early, like 1 hr early to get in front of the lineup unless you like waiting 3-4 hours.

rc2002
07-25-2006, 10:54 AM
With the new "no RO" rule in effect, I have a feeling the lineups will be quite a bit shorter now.

95golf
07-25-2006, 11:04 AM
could I ask how much were they?

Mitsu3000gt
07-25-2006, 11:07 AM
What is the "no RO" rule? I don't believe I've heard of that before.

Mark

dezinr
07-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by topmade
Yeah you can get it knocked down if you go down to Rocky Mountain Plaza and talk to the on-site lawyer (go the the cashiers and tell them you want to talk to the lawyer). But since there is no demerits involved I probably wouldn't fuss over it because they do keep track of your history. And if you do go down, go down nice and early, like 1 hr early to get in front of the lineup unless you like waiting 3-4 hours.

Thanks man that's good to know....definitely will head down early then and talk to their lawyer.

dezinr
07-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by 95golf
could I ask how much were they?

One was 85 or so....and the other is 120 or so....not huge but enough for the little amount I was over. I would have expected higher amounts if it was a playground or school zone. The one was at the stich over from 60 to 50 in Ogden and the other was coming from Crestmount into the 70 zone from the 80 zone.

dezinr
07-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
With the new "no RO" rule in effect, I have a feeling the lineups will be quite a bit shorter now.

Hey Richard what is the no RO rule?

Unknown303
07-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Yeah i thought i heard that they weren't reducing fines anymore. Anyone want to elaborate on this??

SilverBoost
07-25-2006, 11:15 AM
You don't have to drive slow, just drive fast everywhere and when you see any kind of minivan on the side of the road, slam on your brakes and cause an accident. See how effective they are at keeping the roads safe.

photo radar is nothign but a cash grab, I don't care what anyone says.

Just pay your fine and consider it a lesson to pay closer attention to your surroundings next time so you don't get another.

dezinr
07-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
You don't have to drive slow, just drive fast everywhere and when you see any kind of minivan on the side of the road, slam on your brakes and cause an accident. See how effective they are at keeping the roads safe.

photo radar is nothign but a cash grab, I don't care what anyone says.

Just pay your fine and consider it a lesson to pay closer attention to your surroundings next time so you don't get another.

I actually do watch for those guys....the one up by crestmont didn't have a car in sight....that's what I can't figure out unless it is permanently set somewhere. Definitely a brutal cash grab!!

Hamann
07-25-2006, 11:43 AM
I heard it they only changed it so they couldn't get rid of the Demerits all together, you can still get the fine and # of demerits lowered, but they will no longer take away all the demerits...

SilverBoost
07-25-2006, 01:40 PM
You don't get demerits for photo radar anyhow.

And if you get pulled over and get a fine, fight it or bring it the the JOP and plead down to something lesser.

SilverBoost
07-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by dezinr

I actually do watch for those guys....the one up by crestmont didn't have a car in sight....that's what I can't figure out unless it is permanently set somewhere. Definitely a brutal cash grab!!

Yeha I hear ya... .sometimes if the traffic is thick, I miss the one even on the side of the deerfoot, but the flop side of that is that in thick traffic, unless you're in the slow lane, chances are your plate won't get in the photo. I have no idea what it's set for on the deerfoot, but anything less than 20 over wouldn't surprise me.

ZMan2k2
07-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
What is the "no RO" rule? I don't believe I've heard of that before.

Mark

Originally posted by dezinr

Hey Richard what is the no RO rule?

Read this thread, it'll explain everything.

click me (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137507)

thesmackdown
07-25-2006, 06:29 PM
You will only get tagged at +10 km/h over the limit if your in a school or playground zone, otherwise CPS standard is 13+ km/h in any given zone. In the years i've worked in court i have yet to see one that was for less than 13km/h.

The new RO rules though are confusing a lot of people and pissing a lot of people off lol.

topmade
07-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Just saw this posting from another beyonder, it's new info to me.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=137507