PDA

View Full Version : Very strange electrical problem (Integra LS)

Dayclone
07-25-2006, 11:58 AM
I will try my best to explain things so their aren't any confusion.

Hypothesis: Relay problem?

First:

When I step on my brakes it makes a "click" noise like something is enganging or some sort. Then my signal markers would come on at the same time I press the brake.

Second:

When I also step on the brakes my interior lights in the dome and the console would come onto night time running lights. It would all seem to "dim" but it's actually getting brighter for night time.

Third:

When the car is "off" meaning no key in the ignition I step on the brake and this little "ding, ding" noise would come on as if you had the key in the ignition and the door was open.

This noise would even come on if there was no key in the ignition and that the door was closed.

Conclusion:

This is a very strange problem and might have to get a pro to fix it... perhaps the dealer? or where could I get it fix easily I can do it myself but someone will have to guide me thorugh on here. Otherwise please help me out and give me some pointers. Also I have had people say it's a ground wire problem but I don't think so.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-26-2006, 01:15 AM
sounds like every single wire is crossed... lol
possibly the relay problem... its so... odd

Dayclone
07-26-2006, 01:40 AM
So if it is a relay problem how do I fix it? That's the only question now...

Steve

glennc
07-26-2006, 01:35 PM
If you have the patience, take apart the dash and follow the wires. You can get a wiring diagram from any partsource.

If not, replace brake relay and flasher and see if that helps.

rc2002
07-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Do you have an aftermarket alarm or starter? Those are all common wires (i.e. ignition, parking lights, etc.) that are needed to install one. My hunch is that it wasn't installed (or uninstalled properly) and now the wires are mixed up. When you step on the brake pedal you could be compressing the wires and causing them to short.

Most remote starters are connected to the brake pedal as well - there's a brake switch wire - and that could be connected to the wrong wires.

Wiring is a bitch. Good luck with it!

Dayclone
07-30-2006, 02:11 AM
Thanks man I'm probably going to take my car into Auto temp and get them to look at the wiring mess that happened...

Steve

gpede
08-04-2006, 03:33 PM
I have a GS and sometimes I get some funky shit like I would be driving down deerfoot when my abs light would come on and my brakes would kinda stop working. They would vibrate and send my car wonky applying ABS more to one wheel than another!

hahaha