PDA

View Full Version : Attention DJ's.. FS: Korg Electribe EMX-1 GrooveBox

atomic
07-25-2006, 05:47 PM
While you read what this is, listen to this mp3 (http://www.korg.com/downloads/mp3/EMX1/EMX_Epic.mp3)

Attention DJ's and Producers.. Here's your new all in one groovebox with stereo Analog Vacuum Tubes! :D

For sale rarely used. I'm selling this because i'm buying an Access Virus instead. This device has only left my home one time for my last club set. The rest of the time it sat in my studio. It's approx 4 months old. I'm selling it for only $400 CDN. Can't beat that :) . I need someone to buy it who will put it to better use then I have. It's sad to see sitting on my shelf.

It's great for Dub, Drum and Bass, Trance!, House and of course Hip Hop. I wouldn't attempt to use it for anything classical. But it would be interesting to hear :)

The Electribe series of Dance Tools defined a new standard, combining unique sound generation, pattern based programming, and intuitive knob-based interfaces. Thousands of forward-thinking musicians, DJs and producers continue to use them to create exciting and groundbreaking music.

Powered by one of the most advanced synthesizer engines in the world, the ELECTRIBE EMX provides everything needed to create sophisticated dance music with nine drum parts, five synth parts, plus accent parts that let you add dynamic accents to the drum and synth parts (for a total of 16 parts).

The all-new MMT (Multi Modeling Technology) offers sixteen different oscillator algorithms, providing powerful analog synthesis models as well as sophisticated additive, PCM, chord, unison, combination, wave shaping, formant models and more. The built-in PCM library includes 207 drum PCM sounds and 76 synth PCM sounds ready for immediate use, ranging from powerful kicks and snares through amazingly unique organic sounds. External audio signals can be manipulated using the Comb Filter oscillator algorithm, and then further processed by the internal filter and effects.

A new Drive parameter added to the filter produces the distinctive overdrive of analog circuitry, creating powerful and biting analog synth sounds. Each part features extensive LFO and EG modulation, allowing you to create wonderfully bizarre sounds.

Each algorithm of the synthesis engine has two realtime adjustable parameters, plus some other menu-based parameters like waveform type, or chord quality. In the following examples the two realtime parameters are played live as the pattern progresses.

Main Highlights:
Sound Generation Method Analog Modeling + PCM
Oscillator type 16 (Synth Part)
Filter type 4 (Synth Part)
Drive Circulation Synth Part
Modulation Function Assignable, Tempo Synchronization
Number of Waveforms 207 drum PCM waveforms, 76 Synth PCM waveforms (16bit, 44.1kHz)
Number of Parts 16 total; 5 synth parts, 9 drum parts, 1 synthesizer accent part, 1 drum accent part
Memory 256 patterns (192 preload), 64 songs (3 preload)
Effects 16 types x 3 (Chain)
Sequencer Pattern: Maximum 128 steps by part, Maximum 24 motion sequence by pattern

Song: Maximum 256 patterns
Arpeggiator Ribbon + Slider, Scale
Output L/Mono, R (phone jack: mono x 2), Individual 3, 4 (phone jack: mono x 2), Headphone (phone jack: stereo)
Input Audio In (phone jack: mono)
MIDI In, Out, Thru
External Memory SmartMedia
Vacuum tube 12AX x 2
Power Consumption 24W
Power Supply AC IN (AC9V)
Dimensions 14.09"(W) x 10.08"(D) x 2.44"(H) 358(W) x 256(D) x 62(H) mm (including protrusions)
Weight 3.1 kg / 6.83 lbs.
Accessories AC adaptor

http://atomic.speculation.org/Graphics/2006-03-25%20Calgary%20New%20Synth%20-%20Korg%20Electribe%20EMX%201/DSC05731.JPG
http://atomic.speculation.org/Graphics/2006-03-25%20Calgary%20New%20Synth%20-%20Korg%20Electribe%20EMX%201/DSC05727.JPG
http://atomic.speculation.org/Graphics/2006-06-13%20Calgary%20Preparing%20Studio%20For%20Live%20Performance/DSC05818.JPG

atomic
07-25-2006, 05:48 PM
oh and i will also throw in a joyport midi adapter to get you started. I have one lieing around for some reason and it's all yours :thumbsup:

atomic
07-27-2006, 03:59 PM
sold