PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Contact Lens Fitting

woovic
07-26-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm thinking of getting some contact lenses soon so I'm looking for a good contact lens fitter. I already have a perscription from my glasses, just need to get fitted with proper contacts. I went to Shopper's Optical in Market Mall for my glasses and I'm happy with that, but they told me it would take them up to 2 weeks to order in some trial contacts and then another 2 weeks to order in a 3 month supply.

Anyone in Calgary have trials in the store or quicker ordering service? Thinking about going after some Acuvue Advance lenses.

TC2002
07-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by woovic
I'm thinking of getting some contact lenses soon so I'm looking for a good contact lens fitter. I already have a perscription from my glasses, just need to get fitted with proper contacts. I went to Shopper's Optical in Market Mall for my glasses and I'm happy with that, but they told me it would take them up to 2 weeks to order in some trial contacts and then another 2 weeks to order in a 3 month supply.

Anyone in Calgary have trials in the store or quicker ordering service? Thinking about going after some Acuvue Advance lenses.

I use Acuve Advance contacts. I get them from Visions eyecare in Chinatown. I've gone there for years. I usually get my contacts (12 month supply) within a week after I go get my eyes checked.

Si_FlyGuy
07-26-2006, 04:09 PM
+1 for Visions.

Visions in chinatown rocks. They usually get my contacts in within 3 business days. They will also let you order them without having to go for a consultation with some hokey lens fitter person. Great price, and they're always super friendly.

caffeine
07-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Whatever you get (I'm wearing Acuvue Advance right now) buy a little bit from the B+M store where you get your fitting... then get the rest from online. Coastalcontacts.com o r clearylycontacts.ca, it's the same company but AFAIK they haven't adjusted prices for the Canadian dollar yet, so it's cheaper to order from the US site.

dooman24
07-26-2006, 04:28 PM
HEY!!
i get my contacts from
http://www.coastalcontacts.com/
NEXT DAY DELIVERY!!
i mean these contacts are cheaper to!!
any contacts you want!
well next day delivery if they have in stock they usualyl do!!
that's where i've been getting mine

bulaian
07-26-2006, 05:44 PM
+2 for visions in chinatown.

I've been going there for years and I just went to get my eyes checked 2 weeks ago and got new contacts. Walked out with a 12 month supply, no waiting for them to be shipped :thumbsup: