PDA

View Full Version : FS: XBOX 360 brand new with receipt

lexalicious
07-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Posting for my brother. He's selling his brand new xbox360 because he's in the Calgary Kings Own Regiment and his unit is heading off to the middle east.

It''s only about 10 days old (receipt included)

$550 FIRM

call 403-731-5277 Scott for more info.

beecue
07-27-2006, 12:04 AM
? thats the same as buying it from the store .. why dont you bring it back

gpomp
07-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by beecue
? thats the same as buying it from the store .. why dont you bring it back
actually, it's only $529 in the stores. tax in.

toyboy88
07-27-2006, 12:21 AM
and core system only or the premium

lewdvig
07-27-2006, 07:23 PM
God bless. I hope your bro comes home safe and sound. Make sure he knows that most of us back home value what he is doing and the sacrifice he is making to help the world be a better safer place.

lexalicious
07-28-2006, 01:26 AM
Thanks lewdvig for your kind words, it's much appreciated :)

The system is brand new but the package has been opened so Walmart will not issue a refund.

it may seem overpriced but there's more to it than meets the eye ;) Give my brother a call (403-731-5277 Scott) and he can let you know more about it. I don't know much about the system myself so I don't want to make a mistake and give you the wrong info.

Serious Inquires only please...my brother has lots on his plate right now as he's preparing to leave so if you're really interested in buying the system, then give him call. Thanks for your understanding guys :thumbsup:

PantsParty
07-30-2006, 07:58 PM
i will give u 400

lexalicious
07-31-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by PantsParty
i will give u 400
:rolleyes: sigh...

I want to stress that the price $550 is FIRM. For anyone interested in buying this system, Give my brother a call (403-731-5277 Scott) and he can let you know more about it. Trust me, you won't be disappointed :thumbsup:

j-skillz
07-31-2006, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by lewdvig
God bless. I hope your bro comes home safe and sound. Make sure he knows that most of us back home value what he is doing and the sacrifice he is making to help the world be a better safer place.
true that :)

lexalicious
08-06-2006, 02:26 AM
Thanks j-skillz :)

Das_Amaretto
08-07-2006, 12:34 PM
still no price drop??? :confused:

Let me know when you're willing to sell it for less. BTW, it's $477 plus gst = $507 with tax @ wal-mart now.

I think the time when u could make money off 360s is over now.

I'll give you $470 for your unsealed system.

megavolt
08-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Lex isn't even selling it... Have you called the guy that is? Something tells me it's got the dvd firmware mod done to it to play copied games.

5hift
08-07-2006, 04:02 PM
You guys are idiots. I dont think Lex could imply it any better that the reason its more than a regular xbox360 is because its modded. Having modded my own xbox, I know its a much bigger expense than what he is asking for on top of the walmart price.

AcuraTl
08-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
You guys are idiots. I dont think Lex could imply it any better that the reason its more than a regular xbox360 is because its modded. Having modded my own xbox, I know its a much bigger expense than what he is asking for on top of the walmart price.

from nowhere in that post could i surmise that the xbox was modded...the fact that its modded makes it NO WONDER that he cant return this to WM...plus i heard that microsoft will be turning off XBL compatibility PERMANENTLY to those with modded boxes?

macleod
08-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Tell your bro I will see him offer there I leave in a coupe of months. And for all of you who don't believe in the misson you can ask yourself what you have done for your country.

GOD BLESS

megavolt
08-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by lexalicious
it may seem overpriced but there's more to it than meets the eye ;)

Originally posted by AcuraTl
from nowhere in that post could i surmise that the xbox was modded...plus i heard that microsoft will be turning off XBL compatibility PERMANENTLY to those with modded boxes?

Read the whole thread man... plus you should never think you'll be able to play on live with a modded box anyway...

AcuraTl
08-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by megavolt

Read the whole thread man... plus you should never think you'll be able to play on live with a modded box anyway...

lol i suppose, but 90% of the interested buyers thought that this was a regular xbox, including myself, well since i dont do modded 360's my interest is gone, tks for the info tho ! ;)

megavolt
08-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Then again... this is all just speculation... Should really call the guy who's actually selling it!

msommers
08-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Why wouldn't he just say that it is modded instead of trying to give hints towards such a conclusion. Other people are selling Modded regular xbox but they say they are modded. Im' confused why all the sublty.

megavolt
08-07-2006, 05:59 PM
I don't know... Canada still has fair-use laws which allow you to make 'backup' copies of games you already own, so as long as he's not selling it with 'pirated' games without the originals then it's not illegal.

lexalicious
08-09-2006, 12:11 AM
wow, I didn't realize that this thread has gotten so big with replies since I last logged on :eek: :D

special thanks to megavolt and 5hift for helping out to answer questions :thumbsup:

and thanks to Macleod for your kind words, I will pass it on to my brother :)

As mentioned, I'm not the one selling it. It's my brother so it's best anyone who's serious about buying it, give him a phone call (403) 731-5277 ask for Scott, so he can explain the features and advantages of the system :D :thumbsup:

Kavy
08-09-2006, 12:20 AM
firmware mod costs 22 bux US and any donkey can put it in. The hard part comes when backing up of your games, it is not like the first Xbox in which you can just recompile the files into a img file and patch the Xbe.

And XBL cannot ban you for this mod as it is completely and utterly untraceable, all they can do is somehow add a bios flasher onto upcoming discs in which you can easiely circumvent by having a dual firmware mod.

My 360 is modded and has been so for quite sometime.

Bump for a great machine!

lexalicious
08-13-2006, 01:13 AM
:)