PDA

View Full Version : High School Diploma exam marks

rinny
07-27-2006, 10:37 AM
I received mine back, and was wondering if the mark that shows under the 'Final Grade' category is the one that will be on my transcript?

The first column is the class mark- 73, second column is the exam mark- 78, and third column being the final grade- 78....but i had thought that the class and exam mark are averaged together and the mark that you get is the one on your transcript. What the deal is?

spyce
07-27-2006, 10:45 AM
From what I remember its the average of those two. Maybe there was a typo on your transcript?

doublepostwhore
07-27-2006, 10:50 AM
the third column is your written mark if I am not mistaken.

Nate
07-27-2006, 11:43 AM
If you get higher on the final exam than your school mark. Then your final mark is just your exam mark.

FlamingC19
07-27-2006, 11:59 AM
If you get higher on the final exam than your school mark. Then your final mark is just your exam mark.

Im pretty sure your wrong!!! Unless they changed it within a year that wasn't the case with mine at least. Mine was the average of the 2. Whether you got better on your exam or school mark it didnt matter they still averaged out the mark.

statick
07-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Nate

You are correct...In the case that the student is 19 or older as of September 1st of that academic year, or if the student already has a High School Diploma before the beggining of the term in which the diploma exam was written.

Nate
07-27-2006, 12:34 PM
It was the case when I went to school. But I graduated in 96. So I assumed it was the same by the way he said he got his final mark.

andres_mt
07-27-2006, 12:41 PM
I graduated last year and still remember for sure that its the average of class and final grades.

snowboard
07-27-2006, 12:41 PM

i wish it was like that. i woulda be an honor roll student.

rinny
07-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by statick

You are correct...In the case that the student is 19 or older as of September 1st of that academic year, or if the student already has a High School Diploma before the beggining of the term in which the diploma exam was written.

This must be true as I am and was 19 when i had written the exam, so my final mark must be 78 like it had said.

Oldskool
07-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by scotty_69

Im pretty sure your wrong!!! Unless they changed it within a year that wasn't the case with mine at least. Mine was the average of the 2. Whether you got better on your exam or school mark it didnt matter they still averaged out the mark.

Actually, for 2006, is you turn 19 before september, your exam mark can count as your final mark.

rinny
07-31-2006, 05:55 PM
So then, if that is the rule now, is it possible not to take the course, and challenge the diploma exam, and take whatever mark you get for a transcript mark?

ashee
08-05-2006, 08:15 AM

I wish...