PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1986 SR20 powered AE86

SteveG
07-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Trying to decide what I want to do with the SR86 after engine #2 died last night

Possibly selling the SR86 chassis

1986 Hatchback GTS shell

With the following parts
Zeal superfunctions for S13 10kg front 8kg rear springs
All custom machine work to adapt the s13 stuff to the car
Defi Gauges (oil press, coolant temp, tach, Boost, heads up display speedo)
GTR seats (r32 seats with modified rails to fit ae86)
T3 NRCA's (100kms on them)
whiteline lateral rod (300kms on it)
KVR rotors all 4 corners(300kms on them)
Hawk pads (300kms on them)
WORK Meister S2R Wheels (100kms, BRAND NEW not a mark on them)
Advan tires (100kms on them, front 100% tread, rear 80% tread)
Modified inc 5 piece bodykit (jblood copy)
Btune.net Flares (CBY copies)
Kouki lights and brackets (brand new)
Supra rear axle
Walbro 255lph
SR5 Manual Rack and column

Shell is completely stitch welded on all interior floor seams, and vertical firewall seams. Engine bay strut towers are seam welded and engine bay seams stitch welded. Rear seats and panels are black 87 interior.

Center tunnel has been modified to relocate shifter and ebrake back approx 10", can be rebuilt to accept a 4ag trans/engine easily enough.

There is not a spec of rust on this car at all, paint is decent but needs a colour sand and polish (one side of the car has already been done)

Engine bay would be empty and no permanent modifications were made to the crossmember or wiring when the SR20 was installed, Firewall was "massaged" to fit the massive bellhousing of the sr20.

I've got about $15,000 into the above not including one once of labour into the building of the shell, bodywork or custom fabrication.

As listed I would be willing to sell the rolling chassis for around $12,000, or with a stock 4ag drivetrain back in the car for about $14,000 or can even install a 20v&megasquirt for about $17,000

I've got another $6000 in high end sr20det parts and could put them and another red-top in the car and sell the whole car for in the $20,000 range running

[email protected]

Completed pics here http://www.3sgtemr2.com/sr86/ I have over 400 pics of the buildup of this car.