PDA

View Full Version : did i get riped off?

Vietsta
07-27-2006, 10:34 PM
so i bought tires of this guy on beyond. when i got them i never checked them out but when i took them to a place to get them mounted today i found out that 2 tires were toasted. i have been waiting for him to reply back to me. is there anything i can do?

Weapon_R
07-27-2006, 10:35 PM
What do u mean they were tosted?

Vietsta
07-27-2006, 10:37 PM
as in a crack thorgh the side wall. i was told if i put them on and drive it will blow up

snowboard
07-27-2006, 10:41 PM
didnt you looke them over before the purchase? which member was it? what kind of tires? etc?

SilverBoost
07-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Tires are one of those things I would never buy second hand.... not unless I was looking for a good set of burnout rubber.

They could look mint and still have rot in them.

Vietsta
07-27-2006, 10:44 PM
they were shiped here from edmonton. i don't want to release the members id yet becuase i am still waiting for him to reply. but they were fereral tires i payed 350 for it and i was seeing if i can get some of my money back because i have to go pick up two new tires at cms tomorrow. well i guess i learn my lesseon for buying second hand tires. booo

Weapon_R
07-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Didnt you already install them and drive on them?

Vietsta
07-27-2006, 10:46 PM
umm i installed two. two of them were good and two of the other ones were crap

JAYMEZ
07-27-2006, 10:50 PM
maybe he can send some money back?

Vietsta
07-27-2006, 10:55 PM
thats why i am hoping for. little things like this piss me off. i just losted one of my closest friend.he died in a car crash, i grew up with him and stuff. i can really handly this right now or i am ganna lose my mind:thumbsdow :(

infected
07-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Chances are slim man... chances are slim.
Sorry.

SilverBoost
07-28-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Vietsta
booo

boooo two bad tires........ HOORAY Beer!!!

shit, maybe your buyer actually has a concience and will give you back partial payemnt? Let me know as I don't think those people exist anymore...

But really, you're being good about it at least and not starting threads like,

"Member "X" fucked me out of two tires. Now give me my money back you scamming bitch"

Seen it happen. ;)

WWJAI
07-28-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by SilverBoost

But really, you're being good about it at least and not starting threads like,

"Member "X" fucked me out of two tires. Now give me my money back you scamming bitch"

Seen it happen. ;)

I'm very glad you didn't start one of those threads neither and are trying to work things out with the other member before putting any stories up. Hope things work out for you.

AzN'SKillZ
07-28-2006, 02:04 AM
^ he should hav

if someone on beyond is selling items that are no good then other ppl should know that as well.

oh wait theres already somthing like that its call the "trader rating"

jdmakkord
07-28-2006, 07:38 AM
A lil bit of snooping around and tada.....

jonnysir do the right thing mang!:whipped:

Vietsta
07-28-2006, 08:37 AM
i am hopping he will do the right thing

Unknown303
07-28-2006, 08:44 AM
I like how someone actually hunted down the guys username. Well i'm hoping he bucks up and give you some cash back.

JRSC00LUDE
07-28-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost

boooo two bad tires........ HOORAY Beer!!!

Hooray Red Stripe!

rc2002
07-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Buying (and selling) used items is a grey area. You're taking a chance whenever you buy wear items - they can look mint but sometimes you don't know until you try them out. Plus it's tough to prove what condition the parts were in when you got them. Integrity is a huge factor in the used parts business. I always try to be as honest as possible when selling used things, but not everyone does.

JspecB16
07-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I always try to be as honest as possible when selling used things.

Your trader rating speaks for itself. Holy shit man, u sell a lot of stuff. I don't think anyone else on beyond, that ive seen anyway, has a trader rating in 3 digits!! :thumbsup:

DelSoln
07-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by JspecB16

Your trader rating speaks for itself. Holy shit man, u sell a lot of stuff. I don't think anyone else on beyond, that ive seen anyway, has a trader rating in 3 digits!! :thumbsup:

Have you forgotten about civicsi? :D

Vietsta
07-28-2006, 01:30 PM
well i guess there is nothing i can do. i jsut bought two spaking new tires at cms today. thanks to EK. last time i will ever buy anything that has to be shiped and last time i will ever buy used tires. hate people that doesn't say what wrong untill you, yourself find out what is wrong. oh well lifes a bitch what can you do

core_upt
07-28-2006, 02:55 PM
there must have been a batch of faulty Federals that got out or something. I bought two of a beyonder and event hought they were never used (still had laebls) one of them had a tear on the inside sidewall, way up where you'd never notice upon quick inspection.

Sorry to hear about the sour deal

Vietsta
07-28-2006, 03:01 PM
i'm not mad becuase i got shitty tires but i am mad because i ask the guy i bought them off if there was anything wrong with them and he said no, it is all good to go. and i guess that he isn't ganna reply back to me so looks like i pay 150 for 2 used tires and caus other two are shit. nothing i can do i guess?i knew i should of listen to my friend. *sigh*:thumbsdow