PDA

View Full Version : Insurance question...

Glowrider
04-15-2003, 04:55 PM
If someone doesn't have "uninsured motorist coverage" in their policy, and their car gets vandalized, will the insurance company cover it?

B17a
04-15-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Glowrider
If someone doesn't have "uninsured motorist coverage" in their policy, and their car gets vandalized, will the insurance company cover it?

Not sure, the American system is different than here. Here, you can't even drive if you don't have insurance, I think that's standard across Canada. But I'm sure in the US you can drive without insurance, but if you hit someone, you better have deep pockets.

Weapon_R
04-15-2003, 06:03 PM
You can drive a vehicle without being insured on the policy. Thats exactly what "uninsured motorist" means. If it gets vandalized, I take it no one is near the car, so whose to say who was driving?

szw
04-15-2003, 06:05 PM
Yeah I think you are misunderstanding what the uninsured motorist covers.

The vandalism should be covered under just that..vandalism. As long as you pay your deductable and the raised premiums.

Glowrider
04-15-2003, 06:19 PM
Here, you can't even drive if you don't have insurance

It differs by state here. In NY state, it is a violation to drive without the proper insurance.

Anyways, the question was asked to me by a friend. He wants to pull some ridiculous insurance scam so he can get Cobra body parts for his Mustang GT.

szw
04-15-2003, 06:24 PM
he could probably get away with it...but he would end up paying more for it anyways.

Either that, or they find out somehow and he gets charged with insurance fraud.

Glowrider
04-15-2003, 06:29 PM
Yeah. Either way, it's not the best idea in the world.

88CRX
04-15-2003, 06:31 PM
ya go do some more insurance fraud so they can jack my rates up even more.:thumbsdow