PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: 6 cops in 3 km.

CivicTunr
07-28-2006, 10:13 AM
hey guys well i was driving home from work, and i take glenmore trail where the construction is, and by the time i finished driving i saw 6 cops in different spots waiting, 3 were ghost, trunk mini van and the suv, the other 3 were normal. this was around 9:30am. also they patrol it at 5am cause when i was driving to work there was a cop checking peoples speeds.

sputnik
07-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Thats not at all uncommon. They will often set up in pairs.

People slow for the first speed trap and then speed up thinking they are in the clear for a while.

rc2002
07-28-2006, 12:11 PM
That's smart. I usually speed up after passing a speed trap. I don't speed at all on Glenmore anymore though. I'll speed on any road but that one.

3G
07-28-2006, 12:38 PM
End of the month, enough said ;)

Billet
07-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by 3G
End of the month, enough said ;)

every time

quota

quota

quota

IhateDomestic
07-28-2006, 01:55 PM
They're everywhere!!

sputnik
07-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Billet

every time

quota

quota

quota

... and they continue to speed, get caught and blame "the quota".

khtm
07-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Yes, because speed kills (http://sense.bc.ca/research.htm), right? :rolleyes:

lewdvig
07-29-2006, 03:05 PM
They could have made a lot of money on the Deerfoot last time about supper time. :D

jumperman8
07-29-2006, 03:19 PM
6???? i came home from chinook once down macleod and saw well over 60 from the top of the hill near stampede grounds to downtown core, never seen anything like it, i figured there was a shoot out or something going on. :dunno:

dino_martini
07-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8
6???? i came home from chinook once down macleod and saw well over 60 from the top of the hill near stampede grounds to downtown core, never seen anything like it, i figured there was a shoot out or something going on. :dunno:

Check Stop?

jumperman8
07-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

Check Stop?

It was or looked to be in the far lane, but the cops where on my side of the street all the way downtown, didnt look like any where aroudn the check stop bus :dunno: i dunno it was crazy never seen anythign like it

nonsane
08-01-2006, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by khtm
Yes, because speed kills (http://sense.bc.ca/research.htm), right? :rolleyes:

The only reason it's safer to speed is because everyone speeds... It's a circle!

3g4me
08-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Nobody should be speeding through construction zones. everytime i go down glenmore now i stick to 50 and i see all the douchebags ripp by me like it was still 80 GET A LIFE AND RESPECT THE CONSTRUCTION ZONES.

SilverBoost
08-01-2006, 01:10 PM
I love how this city is so concerned with speeding when it's really the LEAST of the problems that I see on the roads in calgary.

I'm sorry, but it's a fucking joke. I almost get into an accident AT LEAST once a day because of people who should never be on the road let alone behind the wheel of a motorized vehicle. If you don't know how to drive defensively in calgary and/or how to expect the worse and avoid it, then you're fucked in this city. It's only a matter of time before some moron plows into you.

And I totally agree, speeding through school zones during school hours and contruciton zones should be dealt with, but how many idiots here can't comprehend the idea of a fast lane on the highway? Just because you do the speed limit in the fast lane with 20 vehicles piling in behind you doesn't make you a good driver. It makes you an asshole. Anyone ever see those signs on the road, "slower traffic keep right"? I wonder, because sometimes I think I'm the only one that can read. And that doesn't mean slower than the speed limit, it means slower than the guy behind you who doesn't want to wait for you to finish your phone conversation in the fast lane while you weave over the center line.

And is it just me or has calgary run out of signal light bulbs? It's so bad that now when I get cut off, if he at least used his signal I actually don't mind as much.

But I digress.... it's futile to argue it because it'll never change. There'll always be a cop standing at the top of center street every day at lunch time and every other common trap. And there'll always be radar vans parked around the city like fucking toll booths collecting cash, but doing zero to remove a bad driver from the road.

It's not even so much upsetting any more as it is comical.

And I'm not ragging on cops here, because they only do what they're told, but whomever it is that decides what to do to make the streets safer, and make traffic flow better - which is also very important in this booming population - needs to take their head out of their ass long enough to smell the fertilizer and makes things better.

/rant and wondering why do I bother? At least it's therapeutic they say to write it down. I'll get on with my day now.

arian_ma
08-01-2006, 01:18 PM
^^ wooooosaaaaaaaawwwww

Billet
08-01-2006, 01:19 PM
why bother...another question... does anybody read it? i didnt :burnout:

403Gemini
08-01-2006, 02:50 PM
i agree fully with silverboost. theres so many bad drivers on the road, yet the cops dont have the power to actually take them off the road. what can they do? Issue the bad drivers tickets for driving horribly? Doesnt get the bad drivers off the road, only gives them (the bad drivers) a reason to bitch and complain.

i dunno, driving schools and what not are way to lenient on crappy drivers

ONS
08-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Silverboost, that earns a place in my top 5 rants. Fantastic.

SilverBoost
08-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
i agree fully with silverboost. theres so many bad drivers on the road, yet the cops dont have the power to actually take them off the road. what can they do? Issue the bad drivers tickets for driving horribly? Doesnt get the bad drivers off the road, only gives them (the bad drivers) a reason to bitch and complain.

i dunno, driving schools and what not are way to lenient on crappy drivers

I agree. I think the best way to get these fucktards off the road is to never let them on.

I'd take a drivers test every single year if it meant cleaning up the pleebs.

Originally posted by ONS
Silverboost, that earns a place in my top 5 rants. Fantastic.

..... thanks. :D It certainly felt good to write it, even if it really does nothing but take another 5 minutes out of my life.

FiveFreshFish
08-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
I almost get into an accident AT LEAST once a day because of people who should never be on the road let alone behind the wheel of a motorized vehicle. If you don't know how to drive defensively in calgary and/or how to expect the worse and avoid it, then you're fucked in this city.

I have maybe one or two occassions every few months where I need to lean on the horn and/or take evasive action.

Perhaps it is YOU who needs to drive more defensively if you have a close encounter at least once a day. :dunno:

SilverBoost
08-01-2006, 09:02 PM
^^^^

haha.... Uhm, o.k. thanks for the tip Dad. :rolleyes: I was using sarcasm to make a point.

Even so, I don't think I need to make an case for the amount of idiots on the road here. And if someone disagrees with that, maybe they're one of them.

Do you think they just make up all those crashes they report on the news every single morning and evening during rushhours?

SilverBoost
08-01-2006, 09:02 PM
.... and just to add, I don't have anything against you.... I don't even know you..... But in the end I'm not running for office so I could care less what anyone really thinks of me or my driving. I've been driving for over 15 years. Yeah, I've got some bad habits, but none that'll get me killed. I know how to drive well, and I know it, and that's not being cocky, that's just being honest. And I can certainly recognize when someone else can't, and not only that, but there are people here (well everywhere) behind the wheel, that even after endless amounts of training, should ever be handed a set of keys. The reality is it's too damn easy to get your license and the crash statistics and insurance rates prove that.

Anyway, to come full circle, you don't know me, or how I drive, and me the same for you, so let's not make assumptions and just agree that there's a problem that needs fixing, and that killing a billion trees a year just to print calgary speeding tickets isn't helping it.

peace.

CivicTunr
08-01-2006, 09:14 PM
ive also noticed durin the summer, there are alot more crashes than there are in the winter. haha.

msommers
08-01-2006, 09:54 PM
I think every single person should have to take their driver's test through AMA. So many smaller places will let almost anyone get a license. When I took a friend to get her's, the guy let her try parellel parking 3 times and finally she got it. I can see where a lot of bad driving is from, not enough people participating in driver's ed and too lenient license distributers.

On a funny note, another friend of mine was getting tested through AMA and failed because he was speeding the same as everyone else on Deerfoot :nut:

Is it possible to get a ticket for driving too slow? It'd be really easy to pick them out and get to them!

FiveFreshFish
08-01-2006, 10:47 PM
haha.... Uhm, o.k. thanks for the tip Dad. :rolleyes: I was using sarcasm to make a point.
Any time, son! BTW, you used exaggeration to make your point, not sarcasm. ;) Point noted and understood.

.... and just to add, I don't have anything against you.... I don't even know you..... But in the end I'm not running for office so I could care less what anyone really thinks of me or my driving. I've been driving for over 15 years. Yeah, I've got some bad habits, but none that'll get me killed. I know how to drive well, and I know it, and that's not being cocky, that's just being honest. And I can certainly recognize when someone else can't, and not only that, but there are people here (well everywhere) behind the wheel, that even after endless amounts of training, should ever be handed a set of keys. The reality is it's too damn easy to get your license and the crash statistics and insurance rates prove that.

Anyway, to come full circle, you don't know me, or how I drive, and me the same for you, so let's not make assumptions and just agree that there's a problem that needs fixing, and that killing a billion trees a year just to print calgary speeding tickets isn't helping it.

peace.

:thumbsup:

Gurpy
08-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by msommers
I think every single person should have to take their driver's test through AMA. So many smaller places will let almost anyone get a license. When I took a friend to get her's, the guy let her try parellel parking 3 times and finally she got it. I can see where a lot of bad driving is from, not enough people participating in driver's ed and too lenient license distributers.

On a funny note, another friend of mine was getting tested through AMA and failed because he was speeding the same as everyone else on Deerfoot :nut:

Is it possible to get a ticket for driving too slow? It'd be really easy to pick them out and get to them!

....Anywhere HAS to give you 3 tries. I got it first but the test allows for 3 tries, unless you hit the curb hard then its a auto fail.

nonsane
08-02-2006, 07:16 AM
or drive on the sidewalk...... also a fail.

Good rant :)

SilverBoost
08-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Any time, son! BTW, you used exaggeration to make your point, not sarcasm. ;) Point noted and understood.

:thumbsup:

I will take your correction there. :) My bad. ;)

SilverBoost
08-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Gurpy

....Anywhere HAS to give you 3 tries. I got it first but the test allows for 3 tries, unless you hit the curb hard then its a auto fail.

I got my licence a long time ago, and it was on the east coast, and you got ONE try for angle parking and parallel. If you failed, then you had to make anotehr appointment, and they wouldn't let you do the road test until you passed. And let me tell ya, they didn't make cars back then to be compact. I did my test in an 81 pontiac parisienne (Sp?) Try parallel parking that bitch downtown. :)

msommers
08-07-2006, 09:51 PM

or drive on the sidewalk...... also a fail.

Good rant

Did it and did it, it was disappointing and yet so funny.

CivicTunr
08-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by 3g4me
Nobody should be speeding through construction zones. everytime i go down glenmore now i stick to 50 and i see all the douchebags ripp by me like it was still 80 GET A LIFE AND RESPECT THE CONSTRUCTION ZONES.

why shouldnt we go 80, its not like construction workers do anywork, they just sit on there ass, or stand around getting paid,
my dog can do more work in a day than all the construction workers on glenmore can do in a month.

SilverBoost
08-07-2006, 11:04 PM
^^^^^ uhm, yeah... I'm pretty sure that's not going to get any negative responses.... :rolleyes:

barbarian
08-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by CivicTunr

why shouldnt we go 80, its not like construction workers do anywork, they just sit on there ass, or stand around getting paid,
my dog can do more work in a day than all the construction workers on glenmore can do in a month.
This guy probably doesn't do shit for work. Probably the guy who's always trying to shove his work off on someone else so he can suck-up to his boss and try to get a promotion or raise by doing special favors.