PDA

View Full Version : E*Trade or TDWaterhouse?

snoop101
07-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Anyone here use E*Trade? How about TD waterhouse? What do you guys think?

JAYMEZ
07-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Im with TDwaterhouse , ive had no problems with them at all... and inactive fee is only $15 a quarter.

snoop101
07-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Do you trade online often? or is it more for long term investing?

davidI
07-28-2006, 01:35 PM
What are the fees for TDWaterhouse?

There's that new TDAmeritrade I've seen advertised as well. I believe it's American but $10 trade fees sound good?

Weapon_R
07-28-2006, 01:37 PM
$10 trade fee is really good. TD waterhouse isn't bad at $30/trade either.

snoop101
07-28-2006, 02:19 PM
You guys need to check out E*Trade Canada. I belive they have the best rates. Im looking for someone who uses them to see how things are.

khtm
07-28-2006, 02:43 PM
DO NOT USE ETRADE. THEY DON'T HAVE GOOD RATES. THEY HAVE HIDDEN CHARGES THAT RAPE YOU. THEY'RE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE.

Instead, try http://www.interactivebrokers.ca/

Trades as low as $2 if you don't do huge value trades.

snoop101
07-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Do you use www.interactivebrokers.com?

khtm
07-28-2006, 04:56 PM
I use interactivebrokers.ca, but it's the same company.

I used to use Etrade. I hate them with a fiery passion that engulfs my soul.

snoop101
07-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Any one use OptionsXpress They seem pretty good. Like to get some personal thoughts though

davidI
07-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by khtm
I use interactivebrokers.ca, but it's the same company.

I used to use Etrade. I hate them with a fiery passion that engulfs my soul.

interactivebrokers.ca looks good. I did notice that they say minimum of $5000US in the account, min $10/month US in commissions or they'll charge you the difference and apparently you're supposed to have 100+ trades under your belt before opening an account with them. khtm, how long have you been with them? Any problems?

atomic
07-31-2006, 01:32 PM
etrade has competitive service charges and sometimes they do good . i have little expierence with anything else . but been on etrade for 5 years now . i'll tell u something though .. E-trade customer service is shit .

they don't have a ticket system so if u phone for assistance, u never get called back . they also don't have a very nice website. their website was built by a bunch of interns i think . and their customer service is all asians so no one speaks english well enough to diagnose your issue .

in 5 years i've done all my trading online with their website . totalling about 1 a month (so about 70 in total) and it's been good to me .

other then that . that's all i can say :) .

snoop101
07-31-2006, 01:49 PM
No one has every used OptionsXpress? I looked at there website and it seems good. Has anyone here actually invested threw a real person, Financial planner? Do they charge an arm and a leg?

khtm
07-31-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by davidI

interactivebrokers.ca looks good. I did notice that they say minimum of $5000US in the account, min $10/month US in commissions or they'll charge you the difference and apparently you're supposed to have 100+ trades under your belt before opening an account with them. khtm, how long have you been with them? Any problems?
I've been with them for about 1 1/2 years. Was with Etrade for about 5 years. The InteractiveBrokers site isn't that impressive, but the trade commissions are much cheaper and their customer service is WAY better. It used to take me 2 weeks to get an e-mail response from Etrade. And forget about trying to get ahold of someone on the phone.

I started my IB account with $3000 Canadian. Maybe they increased the minimum balance? I didn't have 100+ trades either...I don't remember that requirement either. There is a bunch of paperwork that you have to fill out when opening an account...that's probably the only bad experience I've had so far with IB.