PDA

View Full Version : zr auto needs PR help

brontops
07-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Have any of you folks out there ever had any dealings with the owner of ZR Auto. I have, as has 2 others I know. The owner, who looks amazingly like a midget male hooker or just a greasy drug dealer or pimp, has no conception how to treat a potential customer.
I brought in a good friend of mine who happens to be a man of considerable means. He had recently purchased a long wheel based Bentley Arnage and felt he would also like a high performance exotic. We visited ZR Auto where a little troll in slimey brown leather clothes proceeded to insult a potential customer (my friend) he perceived to be incapable of affording one of the cars on display. The friend was interested in a used Maranello. Instead of losing his anger at this oily little golem, my friend decided to leave. Within a few weeks said friend picked himself up an Aston Martin Vanquish, and is currently looking for a Bentley Azure.
It's nice to have a dealership of exotic vehicles near at hand. Pity the owner is a dwarf troglodyte

googe
07-28-2006, 10:25 PM
TTIWWOP

b_t
07-28-2006, 10:26 PM
What on earth? Those are the most unusual insults I have ever heard. They are also pretty funny.

RawB8figure
07-28-2006, 11:08 PM
holy crap what does your friend do, to afford a car like that

gpomp
07-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by RawB8figure
holy crap what does your friend do, to afford a car like that :whocares:
but that's a pretty funny story

:thumbsup:

dj_rice
07-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by RawB8figure
holy crap what does your friend do, to afford a car like that

He sells fertilzer

962 kid
07-29-2006, 12:03 AM
haha, have heard a similar story. Farmer walks in, looking to buy a testarossa for a fun weekend car, gets basically shooed away by the salesmen. He left and bought a SSR with matching trailer the next week.

scat19
07-29-2006, 01:08 AM
Sounds fake

E36M3
07-29-2006, 01:32 AM
So get over it. The salesperson at San Francisco Bentley looked at me like I was the biggest scum on the planet and wouldn't even talk to me. I took my business elsewhere.

Rat Fink
07-29-2006, 09:22 AM

Vietsta
07-29-2006, 09:29 AM
^^^ ohhhh man that is freaking great, good laugh in the morning:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Unknown303
07-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Sweet, Old people tell the best stories.

infected
07-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Salesmen these days... :rolleyes:

l8braker
07-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Buy a car from these guys, www.kulumotorcar.com

Nice inventory and showroom. Last weekend they had a back/silver Rolls royce Phantom parked in the back.

7thgenvic
07-29-2006, 11:11 AM
story sounds somewhat fake....

A) if you have the money to buy a bentley arnage and you want a High Performance exotic why would you take him to a overpriced calgary dealership.

B) rolling up in a bentley does show that you have money

C) story sounds to fake and made up

ScCab
07-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by l8braker

Nice inventory and showroom. Last weekend they had a back/silver Rolls royce Phantom parked in the back.
holyshit what a sweet collection they have there!

rage2
07-29-2006, 11:20 AM

If you're interested in cars there, it's by appointment only. Im good friends with the owner.

gp36912
07-29-2006, 11:24 AM
^^^ hahaha so typical of rage :D you have connections everywhere man

rage2
07-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Nah, I'm just the weekend janitor there, that's how I know him.

l8braker
07-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by rage2

If you're interested in cars there, it's by appointment only. Im good friends with the owner.

Yeah, it says that on the front door. It's quite something just to drive by and see what is parked in the front/back every now and then. Pretty impressive :bigpimp:

l8braker
07-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Thread hijack here.

This was parked in the back last weekend when I took a drive by.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e212/rmkf550/phantom.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e212/rmkf550/phantom2.jpg

rage2
07-29-2006, 11:48 AM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e212/rmkf550/phantom2.jpg
Sweet fucking j-body in the background! :thumbsup:

l8braker
07-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Haha I was waiting for someone to say that. :)

civic_stylez
07-29-2006, 04:54 PM
i was in the kulu showroom today... super nice people and an awesome place... buy from them..straight forward awesome guys.

jdm_eg6
07-29-2006, 05:01 PM
not gonna lie, ZR owner is a jerk. hes the kind of person that if your not worthy of his time he wont give it to you. Just buy from other places or do the old man story :thumbsup:

Supa Dexta
07-29-2006, 05:10 PM
half suprising really, theres a lot of young money around this town, people should be careful who they treat like shit.. But on the flip side, a lot of young money aren't the kind of people to walk in blindly to a large purchase and are more likely to shop around online...

iceburns288
07-29-2006, 08:20 PM
We sold a set of TR race pipes to Zahir but I didn't personally deal with him. Can't say anything bad about the guy:dunno:

There was a Carrera GT at work last Wednesday, yellow.:drool: Monday I parked next to an F430, Tuesday I wasn't parked next to anything exciting because it was raining so I parked somewhere obscure, Thursday I parked next to a Cayman S and an S550, and Friday I was parked between a Ferrari 550 and Quattroporte:thumbsup: .

Canmorite
07-30-2006, 09:13 PM
I call bs. He's been nice to me, and invited me to photograph a few of his events. If you don't like the way he looks, that's you're personal preference. No need to bring looks into business.

doublepostwhore
07-30-2006, 09:19 PM
^ Well if hooters does, why cant car sales men be judged?

Ps: Beautiful people do better in life, its a documented fact. Are you jealous?

turbotrip
07-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by brontops
midget male hooker
a greasy drug dealer or pimp
a little troll
slimey brown leather clothes
oily little golem
dwarf troglodyte

:rofl: :rofl: you have a very unusual vocabulary

Toms-SC
07-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Anybody know where they sell Lotus here in Calgary?

EK 2.0
07-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by ScCab
holyshit what a sweet collection they have there!

fuck you're telling me...

962 kid
07-31-2006, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Anybody know where they sell Lotus here in Calgary?

nowhere... Weissach in Vancouver would be the closest

The Cosworth
07-31-2006, 07:46 AM
damn, I must be doing something wrong, Im in the O&G and can am hoping to buy a s2000 next year

l8braker
07-31-2006, 07:58 AM
ZR can come off a tad cold to the younger guys who come into his shop to drool and not purchase anything. In a few years time, we could be future customers of his.

Kulu and Ferrari of Van FTW.

iceburns288
07-31-2006, 09:26 AM
ZR can come off a tad cold to the younger guys who come into his shop to drool and not purchase anything. In a few years time, we could be future customers of his.
But in the meantime, you're wasting his time, which is probably very valuable considering the dollar value of the cars he sells.

googe
07-31-2006, 09:33 AM
yeah, you gotta wonder how many kids use his shop as a museum rather than a dealership. he cant just roll the carpet out for everyone.

l8braker
07-31-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by googe
yeah, you gotta wonder how many kids use his shop as a museum rather than a dealership. he cant just roll the carpet out for everyone.

Yeah, that is true. But it's the nature of the business he is in.

rage2
07-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by googe
In this day and age, especially with a lot of money in the IT industry, you have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. A lot of young kids that can afford these toys dress like bums and you would never think they'd have the money to afford these toys. It's all part of retail.

spyce
07-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by iceburns288
There was a Carrera GT at work last Wednesday, yellow.:drool: Monday I parked next to an F430, Tuesday I wasn't parked next to anything exciting because it was raining so I parked somewhere obscure, Thursday I parked next to a Cayman S and an S550, and Friday I was parked between a Ferrari 550 and Quattroporte:thumbsup: .

What was the point of saying that :dunno:

Anyways..I can vouch for kulu. I know a couple of people who have bought vehicles off him and have come out pretty happy with the overall experience when dealing with him. My dad uses him to sell his cars too.

E36M3
07-31-2006, 05:29 PM
As if. Rich people are old and always wear Armani suits.

In this day and age, especially with a lot of money in the IT industry, you have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. A lot of young kids that can afford these toys dress like bums and you would never think they'd have the money to afford these toys. It's all part of retail.

rage2
07-31-2006, 06:28 PM
lol i wasnt talking about u I swear! :rofl:

teknical
07-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Thats the best way to buy exotics! :thumbsup:

Dress as a bum, get treated like shit, then bust out your backpack full of 100's, throw it in his face, and tell him you'll take one in silver :D

max_boost
07-31-2006, 06:54 PM
DMX in Exit Wounds :bigpimp:

turbotrip
07-31-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
DMX in Exit Wounds :bigpimp:

Haha yea ive always wanted to hit the lottery just so i can re-enact that scene

C4S
07-31-2006, 07:11 PM
I guess .. the bottomline is ..

It is ture that they don't care to have your friend's business ...

Again, nice place to go .. everytime I go there .. I was welcome .. and I rarely hear any bad attitude from them ...

Of course, if someone walks in, and ask for test drive one of their car .. they may not let u to .. :D

gp36912
07-31-2006, 09:06 PM

^^^ ahahah talk about it :D but then if you roll up in your e55 i doubt he'd treat you bad no matter how badly your dressed.

i worked retail and from the 6 months i did that. you really have to be careful how you treat everyone. because the guy that walks in here with a pair of ripped sweat pants, and a old dirty oily tshirt could possibly be the biggest millionare in that area. ive had that once. i started talking to him etc. showing him some stuff and he ends up buying 6gs worth of stuff :D i mean comon :D scared the shit outta me when did that lol.

black_radiation
07-31-2006, 09:18 PM
Im rofl'n to "troglodyte" lol.... where do you even find these words?

Impreza
07-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip

Haha yea ive always wanted to hit the lottery just so i can re-enact that scene

That has also been a dream of mine! one day... lol

rage2
08-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by gp36912
^^^ ahahah talk about it :D but then if you roll up in your e55 i doubt he'd treat you bad no matter how badly your dressed.
My E55 is the old one, so most likely I'll get ignored :rofl:.

Mitsu3000gt
08-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by E36M3
As if. Rich people are old and always wear Armani suits.

The Porsche dealer told me a 17 year old came in and dropped $175,000 on a Porsche - apparently he hitit big with a website.

Mark

EK 2.0
08-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
The Porsche dealer told me a 17 year old came in and dropped $175,000 on a Porsche - apparently he hitit big with a website.

Mark

heyyyyy I know someone who hit it big with a website...;)

5hift
08-01-2006, 05:41 PM
The owner may be some cheesy looking rude guy, but look at it from his viewpoint. If I was some baller with a garage of luxury cars, I would be tired of kids coming regularily in my showroom just to gawk at cars. Lets be realistic, there may be a broke 17 year old guy or two who looks at those cars and one day buys one, but the majority of people who look at those cars will never be able to even lease something half as nice, so to him, your just waisting his time.

SOAB
08-01-2006, 07:32 PM
ya but they may know people that DO have money for those cars. i wouldn't send a friend there after being treated like shit.

rage2
08-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
If I was some baller with a garage of luxury cars, I would be tired of kids coming regularily in my showroom just to gawk at cars. Lets be realistic, there may be a broke 17 year old guy or two who looks at those cars and one day buys one, but the majority of people who look at those cars will never be able to even lease something half as nice, so to him, your just waisting his time.
Welcome to the world of retail.

brontops
08-03-2006, 09:16 AM
As to the Bentley, Aston story, it is dead true. We are not 17 year old gawkers. Both of us are in our 40's. While we did not drive up in the Bentley, we were in a 5 series BMW. In the world of retail anyone coming into your establishment, while perhaps not a customer, should be treated as a guest.

And yes, he has way over priced his stock. We found the Aston in America for a price you would never see here. Only 5000 km on the odometer. Lovely car.

Cruz
10-19-2006, 10:31 AM
In the world of retail anyone coming into your establishment, while perhaps not a customer, should be treated as a guest.

Well put and I couldn't agree more.

TurboMedic
10-19-2006, 10:39 AM
We went in one day and no-one but the mechanic was there...he was super friendly, sat and BS'd a while about the cars and stuff. I'm sure we woulda been shoo'd outta there if Z was there, after all we were in work clothes.

On a side note, he has a couple 308's sitting in there, at around $60K, soooooooooooo any average income can afford that.....Its not all about the $150K cars!

l8braker
10-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by TurboMedic
We went in one day and no-one but the mechanic was there...he was super friendly, sat and BS'd a while about the cars and stuff. I'm sure we woulda been shoo'd outta there if Z was there, after all we were in work clothes.

The head mechanic is a great guy, very non-elitist and snobby. His name is Ellery i believe and will stop what he is doing to say hello and answer questions.

me&you
10-19-2006, 03:57 PM
[i]...On a side note, he has a couple 308's sitting in there, at around $60K, soooooooooooo any average income can afford that.....Its not all about the $150K cars! [/B]

It's not usually the price-of-entry that prevents people from buying more exotics, but rather the servicing costs.

And please, don't buy a 308 for $60k!

iceburns288
10-19-2006, 04:44 PM
308 at 60k better have less than 2 miles on it, or owned by Ray Charles. Yes, I know he's blind.

Police
10-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Have any of you folks out there ever had any dealings with the owner of ZR Auto. I have, as has 2 others I know. The owner, who looks amazingly like a midget male hooker or just a greasy drug dealer or pimp, has no conception how to treat a potential customer.
I brought in a good friend of mine who happens to be a man of considerable means. He had recently purchased a long wheel based Bentley Arnage and felt he would also like a high performance exotic. We visited ZR Auto where a little troll in slimey brown leather clothes proceeded to insult a potential customer (my friend) he perceived to be incapable of affording one of the cars on display. The friend was interested in a used Maranello. Instead of losing his anger at this oily little golem, my friend decided to leave. Within a few weeks said friend picked himself up an Aston Martin Vanquish, and is currently looking for a Bentley Azure.
It's nice to have a dealership of exotic vehicles near at hand. Pity the owner is a dwarf troglodyte

despite his physical appearance, he probably gets more ass in a week then you ever will in your life time hahaha its a sad fact i know LOL:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dino_martini
10-19-2006, 04:58 PM
They told me to leave when I was checking out one of the cars. I looked respectable too, I will never spend any of my money at ZR. If I ever buy a Ferrari or Lamborghini, Ill just drive them down to Vancouver if I have to, just to avoid spending money there. :thumbsdow

ninjak84
10-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Both of us are in our 40's.

Your original post led me to believe you hadn't hit puberty yet.
Seriously, you're trying to come off as an upstanding businessman after you write that? :rolleyes: Grow up old man. I suggest you use your brain to do something other than troll a thesaurus looking for insults.

Since you seem so critical of looks, perhaps you can put your money where your over-sized mouth is, and show us a picture of yourself?

I'm not even going to defend the character of Zahir. People who know him, know he's an incredible person. It'll take more than some random, shit-talking nobody to bring his business down.
Sorry he gave you the cold shoulder since you were obviously as big of a prick in person as you are on the internet. Now put up your pictures old man. And one or two of your daughter.

Redlyne_mr2
10-19-2006, 05:37 PM
I was there with a buddy of mine once. He was looking at a 993 they had sitting there. He opened the door to look inside and the guy freaked out and told him to close the door. It's funny because this friend of mine has a garage full of Porsches and other random exotics. Im surprised those tools sell any cars at all.

TurboMedic
10-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by me&you

It's not usually the price-of-entry that prevents people from buying more exotics, but rather the servicing costs.

And please, don't buy a 308 for $60k!

Ha, never once said I would buy a 308....I'm more of a porsche man myself! Just saying, he sells lower end exotics, so why give people a cold shoulder?

hampstor
10-20-2006, 12:30 AM
my boss on one of his days off went to a local caddy dealership to look at an escalade. He was dressed in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. He was told he couldn't test drive one because it had snowed and the cars had to be cleaned before he could drive it (basically, come back later). He was polite, said thank you, left, went to Porsche. They gave him a Cayenne to take out for a few days, he came back and bought a Cayenne turbo with every option possible checked off.

Bottom line, do not ever in retail treat any customer differently based on appearance. How are you going to know that guy in dirty jeans waiting to talk to you is not the CEO of Imperial Oil or some other major O&G company/trust ?

hussein
10-20-2006, 12:53 AM
:werd: Millionaires come in so many different styles.

CasperWho
10-20-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Police

despite his physical appearance, he probably gets more ass in a week then you ever will in your life time hahaha its a sad fact i know LOL:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I KNEW cops wouldn't care if a guy picks a prostitue up in an Enzo! 2 Fast .. ;) :burnout: :devil:

blueripper6
10-20-2006, 01:21 AM
LOL
who cares if that story is fake
this guy has the best insults :rofl:

Arthur Dent
10-20-2006, 05:24 PM
My old boss went in there to look at budget Ferrairs (328s and such) and didn't buy due to not fitting. He had a great experiance.

NGRPLZ.NET
10-21-2006, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by 5hift
The owner may be some cheesy looking rude guy, but look at it from his viewpoint. If I was some baller with a garage of luxury cars, I would be tired of kids coming regularily in my showroom just to gawk at cars. Lets be realistic, there may be a broke 17 year old guy or two who looks at those cars and one day buys one, but the majority of people who look at those cars will never be able to even lease something half as nice, so to him, your just waisting his time.

I'm trying to figure out why so many of you are making excuses for a poorly run business.. or a putrid salesman?

How hard could it be to just be decent to people that come in?

I hope this thread turned away some of his "possible" customers. People that act like that towards anyone who might spend money with their business are just greaseballs anyway.

Originally posted by ninjak84

Your original post led me to believe you hadn't hit puberty yet.
Seriously, you're trying to come off as an upstanding businessman after you write that? :rolleyes: Grow up old man. I suggest you use your brain to do something other than troll a thesaurus looking for insults.

Since you seem so critical of looks, perhaps you can put your money where your over-sized mouth is, and show us a picture of yourself?

I'm not even going to defend the character of Zahir. People who know him, know he's an incredible person. It'll take more than some random, shit-talking nobody to bring his business down.
Wow, this is surprising, you couldnt even put together a fragment of a quality insult compared to the original poster, will probably never see a 10th of what he makes in a week, and you of all people are in here like a dirty shirt excusing some shithead salesman?

Might take more than his post to sink Zahirs business, but I am one "potential customer" that will absolutely never buy from him... especially when meatheads like you are the only ones defending him. That's mere principle.. regardless of whether or not I can afford to.

So now I go and tell everyone I know who are making money not to deal with the slimer over there... and guess what, the snowball gets bigger. Keep talking buddy :)

ninjak84
10-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by NGRPLZ.NET
but I am one "potential customer" that will absolutely never buy from him...

:rofl: LOL :rofl:

Oh ya? Which model were you looking at?

I know you hate me for pissing you off, so take it to PM if you have something to say to me. Don't bring your opinion into something you know nothing about, just to try and insult me or someone else you don't know.

I know Zahir fairly well, and I also live in his community.

Way too many poor people in this thread, who jump on the bandwagon just to take a stab at ZR Auto.
"Boo hoo... I went in there and they didn't roll out the red carpet and kiss my ass"
ZR doesn't owe you a full tour with drinks just because you show up to look at his cars. I don't think anyone has an idea how many losers show up at that place just to kill time.

Everyone's pretty quick to forget all the things Zahir and his group does.
Charity show and shines? Charity cruises? Sponsored golf events? Fathers day open house?
This guy does more for the auto market in Calgary than any other dealership or tuning garage. Him and his family don't deserve to be slandered on the internet by some gutless juvenile who doesn't have the courage to deal with someone face to face.

I'm sure 'brontops' and his men of 'considerable means' could find no other recourse than to run home and talk shit over the internet. :rolleyes: Not bad for being over the hill.

This guy rolls out his Enzo a few times a week. Everytime kids run up to it, or any of his cars, he stops. Even if they want to touch it or take a picture, he lets random kids from the block have their fun. Yeah, what an asshole.

Millionaires and money come in all shapes and sizes.
Including jackasses who aren't worth dealing with.

95EagleAWD
10-21-2006, 04:29 PM
As to the Bentley, Aston story, it is dead true. We are not 17 year old gawkers. Both of us are in our 40's. While we did not drive up in the Bentley, we were in a 5 series BMW. In the world of retail anyone coming into your establishment, while perhaps not a customer, should be treated as a guest.

And yes, he has way over priced his stock. We found the Aston in America for a price you would never see here. Only 5000 km on the odometer. Lovely car.

Pics of the Aston and Bentley with Alberta plates on it, or I call BS on your whole story.

Your first post sounds like you flipped through a thesaurus for cool words.

:bullshit:

smontyLS1
10-21-2006, 04:46 PM
I went in and talked with Zahir two days ago. He treated me really well.

If your a millionaire and you dress like you make 10 bucks an hour, how is that his fault for taking the wrong impression. Thats like girls wear next to nothing and dont know why people think they are sluts.

If your mature and serious about buying one of those cars I'm sure he wont turn you a cold shoulder and make you come back on the internet to insult him.

NGRPLZ.NET
10-21-2006, 05:02 PM

:rofl: LOL :rofl:

Oh ya? Which model were you looking at?

I know you hate me for pissing you off, so take it to PM if you have something to say to me. Don't bring your opinion into something you know nothing about, just to try and insult me or someone else you don't know.

I know Zahir fairly well, and I also live in his community.

Way too many poor people in this thread, who jump on the bandwagon just to take a stab at ZR Auto.
"Boo hoo... I went in there and they didn't roll out the red carpet and kiss my ass"
ZR doesn't owe you a full tour with drinks just because you show up to look at his cars. I don't think anyone has an idea how many losers show up at that place just to kill time.

Everyone's pretty quick to forget all the things Zahir and his group does.
Charity show and shines? Charity cruises? Sponsored golf events? Fathers day open house?
This guy does more for the auto market in Calgary than any other dealership or tuning garage. Him and his family don't deserve to be slandered on the internet by some gutless juvenile who doesn't have the courage to deal with someone face to face.

I'm sure 'brontops' and his men of 'considerable means' could find no other recourse than to run home and talk shit over the internet. :rolleyes: Not bad for being over the hill.

This guy rolls out his Enzo a few times a week. Everytime kids run up to it, or any of his cars, he stops. Even if they want to touch it or take a picture, he lets random kids from the block have their fun. Yeah, what an asshole.

Millionaires and money come in all shapes and sizes.
Including jackasses who aren't worth dealing with. Mmmmm... mmmmhmm. Doesn't really matter to me, and I was actually looking for a 2 door late 90's S500 or S600. Don't ask on my behalf though, I think Vancouver has some dealerships run with ethics and aren't racist towards white people. I let you know when I find one.

The fact you live in forest lawn with zahir, make him your hero by saying it's "his" neighborhood makes you sound like a little boy that swings on another mans testicles.

You have fun being a nobody backing up one of the worst places to spend your money.. as well as the owner.

You're sounding desperate, so I will let you digest everything I wrote for you. :)

ninjak84
10-21-2006, 05:12 PM
I told you to PM me with your petty insults.

Glad to see youre still obsessed with the idea of swinging on testicles.
Is there any reason why you follow me around like a lost puppy?

Cruz
10-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Looks like this thread has deviated from its original objective which was to provide feedback on the business.

Evidently, some have had good experiences, and some haven't. I pulled in, looked around, and left and noone talked to me the whole time I was there. It didn't bother me at all because I wasn't there to shop, I was there to look.

As has already been stated, there is by no means a lack of money in Calgary. Exotic car customers have to be discriminating buyers and when dropping $100k+ on a car, the treatment you receive throughout the shopping experience can without a doubt make or break the sale.

I think it's very fair to say that the kids in their 20's who are driving $30k+ cars, could likely be driving $70k cars in their 30's, and $100k+ cars by the time they're in their 40's. The browser of today may very well be the buyer of tomorrow.

Graham_A_M
10-22-2006, 11:29 PM
I have mixed feeling about Zahir. THe first time I met him I was absolutely disgusted.. I really was. WHen I said "HI" to him. he turned back; only to look at my car before looking at me then to keep walking on without even saying anything. To say I was disgusted would be a total understatement.

But a few months pasted (almost a year really... wow time flys) and I applied for a "lot attendant" position there... and he was amazing friendly to me... we joked around and talked... he seemed to be the nicest guy I've ever met.

I havn't heard one bad story about him towards business dealings... so :dunno: My props for him. Every interview I've read from him: essentially came to the same conclusion that he is a very humble and down to earth guy. :thumbsup:

msommers
10-22-2006, 11:38 PM
I told you to PM me with your petty insults.

Glad to see youre still obsessed with the idea of swinging on testicles.
Is there any reason why you follow me around like a lost puppy?

I like how you say PM this other guy if he's going to insult you, and you don't even do you what you originally said to do! Wow, what is the definition of a hipocrate again?

zieg
10-22-2006, 11:51 PM
That reminds me of a story my friends mom heard.. She was being driven home by the shuttle driver at Southcentre Fine Cars and he was saying a guy in his 20's in a suit walked in about a week ago saying he was from out of town and he wanted 3 911s and they had to have this and this and this and be this color, blah blah blah, and he'd be back in a week to get them. So they go 'yeah, whatever, sure buddy.:rolleyes:' Well sure enough a week later he comes back with CASH and goes 'where are my cars?' and they're like 'uhhh....:dunno:'

Graham_A_M
10-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Zahir is from Yemen.. the way he dresses is a cultural thing.. NOT because of anything else. I can assure you he doesn't live in FL;)
He goes for drives with some pretty big bawlers here in Calgary. But if I did buy an exotic... it would be EBAY. I'm not joking.

ZR auto's price on a 1999 Diablo Roadster: $275,000
Ebay price for the same 1999 Roadster $162k (on average)
Even with the exchange rate and GST: $113k is a BIG difference!

E36M3
10-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Lets call bullshit, just based on physics.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that a new 911 costs $100k. $300k in cash, in 100s, would probably fill 3 911s. How did he bring the cash, in an armored car? Panel van? Helicopter? Fleet of helicopters?

Since when does someone just walk into a dealership and *tell* them that he expects three 911s.. I think that you would normally, maybe, negotiate price before buying a car, possibly fill out a sales contract, and maybe even put down a deposit.

What a stupid story.

Originally posted by ZiG-87
That reminds me of a story my friends mom heard.. She was being driven home by the shuttle driver at Southcentre Fine Cars and he was saying a guy in his 20's in a suit walked in about a week ago saying he was from out of town and he wanted 3 911s and they had to have this and this and this and be this color, blah blah blah, and he'd be back in a week to get them. So they go 'yeah, whatever, sure buddy.:rolleyes:' Well sure enough a week later he comes back with CASH and goes 'where are my cars?' and they're like 'uhhh....:dunno:'

turab16
10-23-2006, 07:25 PM
My supervisor who is a neurosurgeon, once visited ZR and was not impressed with the guy and his way of dealings.

He lacks the impressive salesman attitude.....

95EagleAWD
10-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Lets call bullshit, just based on physics.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that a new 911 costs $100k. $300k in cash, in 100s, would probably fill 3 911s. How did he bring the cash, in an armored car? Panel van? Helicopter? Fleet of helicopters?

Since when does someone just walk into a dealership and *tell* them that he expects three 911s.. I think that you would normally, maybe, negotiate price before buying a car, possibly fill out a sales contract, and maybe even put down a deposit.

What a stupid story.

For the sake of arguement, I'll tell you that you can fit 800K in 20s in a car the size of a Cayman S, using both trunks.

E36M3
10-23-2006, 11:49 PM
If you filled every square inch of a Cayman's luggage space, you could fit $200,000 in 20s, but I doubt it would be a very practical way of paying for two cars that you didn't even order.

Not to mention that the dealer would be committing a crime by accepting the money unless they filed a suspicious transaction report.

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

For the sake of arguement, I'll tell you that you can fit 800K in 20s in a car the size of a Cayman S, using both trunks.

95EagleAWD
10-23-2006, 11:52 PM
If you filled every square inch of a Cayman's luggage space, you could fit $200,000 in 20s, but I doubt it would be a very practical way of paying for two cars that you didn't even order.

Not to mention that the dealer would be committing a crime by accepting the money unless they filed a suspicious transaction report.

It would be quite impractical.

And I said $800,000 in 20s, no prob. You'd be amazed how quickly it adds up.

And yes, I'm basing this on quite personal experience. 800K does not take up a lot of room.

E36M3
10-23-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm not sure that I'd want to know why you would know that, but I did some math and you can fit a million worth of twenties in a suitcase, so I think it would work out.

I cannot imagine any reputable franchised car dealer accepting cash for a purchase of that amount.. would take a couple hours to count it alone.

It would be quite impractical.

And I said $800,000 in 20s, no prob. You'd be amazed how quickly it adds up.

And yes, I'm basing this on quite personal experience. 800K does not take up a lot of room.

turbotrip
10-23-2006, 11:59 PM
^:werd: , the huge number makes you think it must take up a hell of a lot of space, but u can fit $200,000 in 100 dollar bills into a normal sized briefcase, however i too doubt that story is true

ryder_23
10-24-2006, 12:00 AM
pfft, u can fit with ease 30 000$ in a small fanny pack with room to spare :D

BerserkerCatSplat
10-24-2006, 12:00 AM

I cannot imagine any reputable franchised car dealer accepting cash for a purchase of that amount.. would take a couple hours to count it alone.

Blast, and there I was hoping to someday buy a car with a suitcase full of cash.

You're crushing my dreams, man! :rofl:

95EagleAWD
10-24-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm not sure that I'd want to know why you would know that, but I did some math and you can fit a million worth of twenties in a suitcase, so I think it would work out.

I work for Brinks.

I've seen more money than I'll ever earn.

95EagleAWD
10-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Blast, and there I was hoping to someday buy a car with a suitcase full of cash.

You should be able to.

Cash is perfectly acceptable, I would think. It would just needlessly complicate the transaction.

soloracer
10-24-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Zahir is from Yemen.. the way he dresses is a cultural thing.. NOT because of anything else.

Uhhhh.....Ok. Which of these guys does he dress like? :bigpimp:

http://www.traveljournals.net/pictures/l/1/14628-elder-locals-sanaa-yemen.jpg

http://www.traveladventures.org/continents/asia/images/yemenipeople02.jpg

turbotrip
10-24-2006, 12:24 AM

dont let these guys kill ur dreams man, one day u will recreate the scene from exit wounds lol :bigpimp:

E36M3
10-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Hah, that is great. I haven't ever seen more than 10k or so.

I work for Brinks.

I've seen more money than I'll ever earn.

E36M3
10-24-2006, 12:27 AM
As long as you got the money legitimately, you won't have a problem, other than a crazy amount of inconvenience.. banks are really skiddish about allowing you withdraw any significant volume of cash. With the US Patriot Act and other international treaties, the world has really tightened up on money laundering so cassh transactions have become a much bigger hassle.

95EagleAWD
10-24-2006, 12:32 AM

My record's 9 digits... but to be fair, it was diamonds. :thumbsup:

hussein
10-24-2006, 01:27 AM

Werd, 10 is about all that fits comfortably in my pocket. lol.