PDA

View Full Version : Want to rent: basement suite or apartment

KK07
07-29-2006, 01:03 AM
Hi there, I live in BC right now but I'll be going to school in Calgary and my family will be moving along with me. My mom has been stressing out the past few days because she keeps calling people who are renting out there suites or whatever but they're all already rented out. No real preference on location yet, since I don't know Calgary at all, would prefer a couple of rooms (will be my mom, me who is 20 years old, sister who is 18 and brother who is 17). We'll be arriving in Calgary at the end of August (classes at SAIT start on the 28th). We'd like to start renting either at the end of August but if we need to, we can just pay the rent for August just so we have a place to stay.

My mom has been getting very stressed the last few days so any help is greatly appreciated, if you or anyone you know has a place we could rent, please let me know! I think we're trying to stay under $1000 a month so that probably means it will be a smaller place. For the duration we stay, I'm not too sure yet but it shouldn't be more than a couple of months, we're going to try and get a new house as soon as possible, just need to get settled down first. Please let me know, thanks!

3G
07-29-2006, 01:12 AM
Id offer you my basement but its only 1bedroom sorry

Rollin'
07-29-2006, 11:07 AM
well i think the real question at hand here is

is your sister and mother hot? ;)

jj man, check out www.rentfaster.ca www.homerent.ca and check the local school websites, they usually have a housing listing.

KK07
07-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Rollin'

jj man, check out www.rentfaster.ca www.homerent.ca and check the local school websites, they usually have a housing listing.

hahah, yeah we tried rentfaster.ca I believe, she called quite a few of the people who had listings on there but all of the ones within our budget seem to be rented already. I'll try homerent.ca, thanks for the links!

/////AMG
07-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Well the property/renting market is supposed to be on fire in Calgary, so you'll have a tough time. Unless someone on Beyond is rentign their place out.

I would check all the renting sites and places EVERYDAY to try and get a new listing date asap.

gimp
07-29-2006, 12:51 PM
i've got a 3 bdrm basement suite, might be available sometime in sept.

3bdrm 1100 sq. ft

Supa Dexta
07-30-2006, 08:19 AM
you have to be on top of them as soon as they come up that day.. I finally just found a place after 2 months of looking, but I'm a little picky.. with 100 new ppl comming to the city every day, apartments don't last long.. One woman told me she had over 1500 calls and emails about a place she listed.. thats insane....

Rollin'
07-30-2006, 09:56 AM
the market is on fire, but its not that hard to find a spot, even if you gotta settle on a smaller place for now. for instance all the online listings are ussually picked up pretty quick, but just driving around my neighborhood, i see about 12 places for rent and thats only about 8 streets

soupey
07-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Rollin'

www.rentboard.ca too

KK07
08-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Thanks for all of the links. My mom has been calling people like crazy, we almost had a basement suite but my mom's aunt went to deposit the money too late, it was already rented out after a couple of hours of it being available. We're still trying but I thought I'd just bump this thread again for more exposure, thanks again guys!

asian_importz
08-02-2006, 03:46 AM
i think im leaving my p lace 11oo including all utililties

KK07
08-03-2006, 05:59 PM
bump

gimp
08-03-2006, 10:03 PM

3bdrm 1100 sq. ft

KK07
08-04-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by gimp

3bdrm 1100 sq. ft

Sent you a message.

Anyone else know of anyone renting out a basement suite or anything? It's hard to find an available place from this far away but my aunt will be in Calgary in a few days so she'll be trying to find one for us there as well. Thanks!

danno567
08-04-2006, 04:26 PM
you may need to set your price up a it more. there is four of you and between the four of you, 1500 is not that hard to hit. It may open up a few more opportunities for you. Calgary market has a 1.5 % vacancy rate, right now.

conschoi
10-06-2006, 02:07 AM
you still need the place to stay?? pm me..i got a house in hampton, 4 bedrooms 2300 sq/ft

bighead2267
10-06-2006, 06:25 PM
i got a apartment in D/T 2 bedroom for rent too. PM with detail.

sputnik
10-06-2006, 07:58 PM
4 people in a 2 bedroom apt?