PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a place to buy/rent near U of A

ronaldo
07-29-2006, 12:25 PM
hey my sister is moving down to u of a for uni in september. She is still lookin for a place to stay. If anyone knows of any apartments or condo's for rent or sale within walking distance of the university please let me know..also if anyone is looking for a roomate that would be great. She prefers a place which is non-smoking, no pets and prefers to live with a female... just post on here or pm me. Thanks!

sdubz
07-31-2006, 02:44 PM
im scrambling to look for a place as well.
if anyone has any suggestions i would really appreciate it. as of now, i know that most res (such as newton) is full:(

GTS Jeff
08-01-2006, 09:28 PM
It's really not that hard to find a place. Take a look on the U of A housing registry, make a list, call some people, and take a day trip to Edmonton to look around. Do it soon though!

ronaldo
08-04-2006, 09:30 AM
bump
heading up to edm today to check a few places out...if anyone has anywhere i can check out pm me or post...thankz

D. Dub
08-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Pm me--and I'll send you the contact info for a good realtor familiar with that area of Edmonchuk.

Also- let me know if you need any help with a mortgage--I'm a mortgage broker.

GTS Jeff
08-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by ronaldo
bump
heading up to edm today to check a few places out...if anyone has anywhere i can check out pm me or post...thankz Did you miss the memo about the housing registry? :rolleyes:

buh_buh
08-04-2006, 12:25 PM
yeah the U of A students union website is probably the best resource in finding a place to live. You could easily find a place on a 1 day trip if you can't find any places online. I did that a couple years ago. Just went up and walked around the campus area looking for vacancy signs and found a place that day I was very happy with.

Auditor
08-07-2006, 03:42 PM
PM me if you are still looking. I have a place for rent in downtown, but the LRT is right outside the building and goes straight to the U.

GTS Jeff
08-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Auditor
PM me if you are still looking. I have a place for rent in downtown, but the LRT is right outside the building and goes straight to the U. :werd: This can actually be a better arrangement because it means less outdoors walking in the winter and will often get you a better place for the same money. The only thing that sucks is you'll need to buy bus passes.

ronaldo
08-08-2006, 04:35 PM
just got back from edm...the market is really hot right now
we found a sweet place, told the guy we would call him back after we looked at one other place. We called him back almost 45 mins later and both places he had were gone...

either way....still looking

ronaldo
08-12-2006, 01:30 AM
:closed: found a place....thankz to those who sent any info