PDA

View Full Version : Drunk driver.

Clever
07-29-2006, 01:11 PM
My phone rang at 3:15 this morning and it was my girlfriends mom, she lives a block away from us.

"Hi, it's me; I think you should come home, a drunk driver just hit several cars on our street"

"Did my car get hit?"

"I don't think so, but you should check"

Lucky enough we we're not too far away and sure enough as soon as we get to my street, several cop cars were there, half my neighbors were awake, most of them filling out a police report, I get out and walk towards my car, my girlfriends mom came up and told me what happened.

She woke up when she heard a crash and went outside to see what was going on and she watches this guy in a truck backing out from the first car it hit, and tried to leave but ended up crashing to the other car behind it.(first car was my neighbor's mom who's visiting from Edmonton, second car was my neighbors) Truck backs out again and hits the second car for the second time, takes off and drives on the side walk in front of my girlfriends mom, back on to the road and hitting two more cars in front of her house.

She tried to take the plate number, but hesitated because the truck kept backing out, she wasn't wearing her glasses, she couldn't get close enough, so she went up to the driver. (She told me this morning the reason why she did this was so she can get the driver out of the vehicle)

"Have you been drinking?"

"I had a few"

"You just crashed my neighbor’s cars"

"My steering wheel is fucked!"

"No, you're drunk!"

More people come out of their houses; she calls the cops, then phoned me.

I was up until about 5:30 this morning with my neighbors until their cars got towed away. He took pics, and unfortunately my gf took our camera to BC with her, here are some crappy phone pics anyway:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/jed212/untitledj.jpg

The first car he hit, with it's back end up on the sidewalk, right behind it is my neighbors buick with about 3/4 of the car on the side walk, driver's side completely smashed in, the guy hit his car at least 3 times.The head lights in the background is from the tow truck for the drunk driver's vehicle, a company truck.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/jed212/untitled3j.jpg

My car(white solara) was parked not even 2 feet away from the first car he hit which is now pushed back on to the sidewalk.

Kona9
07-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Sorry to hear of the rude awakening.

Has the driver been caught as of yet? Company truck.....are you able to disclose what company?

Good luck to the owners of the damaged vehicles.

Clever
07-29-2006, 01:25 PM
The driver was too drunk to even move from what the neighbors told me, he got out his truck once and had a hard time trying to get back in.

He's 24, charged with 5 counts of hit and run and a DUI, i'll find out more today, and if i'm allowed to, I'll post what company truck.

My neighbors car and his mom's are both write off's. His dad just bought him a new Ford Fuzion this morning, his wife is 9 months pregnant, so a replacement car was necessary.