PDA

View Full Version : Part-Time Opportunities

Nizmo_GTR
07-30-2006, 03:40 PM
Hello,

By any chance anyone know someone that is looking for part time help in the evenings, preferably in the Crowfoot area? I have been searching on Workopolis, Calgaryjobshop, monster, etc. and even headhunters with no luck. I am available after 6pm on weekdays and all day on the weekends. I would prefer to be close by Crowfoot but I am open to any potentials.

I have a Mech. Eng., oil&gas, restaurant, sales, sports, etc. background so I am sure that I can meet most job requirements.

If you "scratch my back", I will try to do the same for you.

Thanks in advance.

thrasher22
07-30-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm pretty sure any of the restaurants in crowfoot are looking for people

Nizmo_GTR
07-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.
Unfortunately all the restaurants I applied at require 2-3 days of training during office hours. Since I have an office job, they weren't able to accomodate me.

turbotrip
07-30-2006, 04:02 PM
There was a thread about the canada post in the super drug mart hiring right now, might wanna try there.

crazyning
07-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Take a few days off at your office job and go to the training. Tell them you're taking personal days. I'm sure you're entitled to them.

WWJAI
07-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by crazyning
Take a few days off at your office job and go to the training. Tell them you're taking personal days. I'm sure you're entitled to them.

Agreed. Just use a few of your sick days and you'll have landed a job. Its worth it since you'll get paid for training too.

AzN'SKillZ
07-30-2006, 05:33 PM
try safeway superstore or sobeys
co-op

Nizmo_GTR
07-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks for everyone's input. I think I will just wait for the job to come to me. I have spent enough time trying to pursue a part time job that probably won't bare too much fruit anyways. I also have my doubts that an employer will be willing to accomodate my schedule aswell.

Thanks,

Locke
07-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Earls in Dalhousie is hiring. They're pretty good about accommodating schedules and training is often in the evenings.

blue Zed
07-30-2006, 09:04 PM
night shifts at super store

08-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by blue Zed
night shifts at super store

:werd: I just started this as my second job, and its not that bad.

Although some days I work 7am-3:30pm-7pm-4am-7am-3:30 and so on for a max of 3 days in a row.

It gets hard but pay day is awesome:thumbsup:

TrevorK
08-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Nizmo_GTR
Thanks for everyone's input. I think I will just wait for the job to come to me. I have spent enough time trying to pursue a part time job that probably won't bare too much fruit anyways. I also have my doubts that an employer will be willing to accomodate my schedule aswell.

Thanks,

Why would you have doubts? It's all about who you know.

I was given (Friend emailed, said it's mine if I want) a PT job for 6pm - 12am, and it pays $21/hour. Since then, I've been offerred other evening jobs as well...

whodiman
08-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by TrevorK

Why would you have doubts? It's all about who you know.

I was given (Friend emailed, said it's mine if I want) a PT job for 6pm - 12am, and it pays $21/hour. Since then, I've been offerred other evening jobs as well...

Do you know if they want to hire anyone else. I'll gladly work another partime job for 21/hour.

08-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by whodiman

Do you know if they want to hire anyone else. I'll gladly work another partime job for 21/hour.

:werd: :werd:

Nizmo_GTR
08-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Would you like to give a hint or a description of what type of part-time job you are refering to that pays $21/hr? Are you a server at a restaurant?

TrevorK
08-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Nizmo_GTR
Would you like to give a hint or a description of what type of part-time job you are refering to that pays $21/hr? Are you a server at a restaurant?

Nope - I do computer work.

For the most part I am free to do what I want (Like I am now by posting here, or what I plan to do later which is watch some TV shows), however I am expected to be here physically betweeen certain hours and complete any odd tasks that need to be done.

hussein
08-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by TrevorK

Nope - I do computer work.

For the most part I am free to do what I want (Like I am now by posting here, or what I plan to do later which is watch some TV shows), however I am expected to be here physically betweeen certain hours and complete any odd tasks that need to be done.

Lucky guy, I would love somthing like that. lol. Would be awesome for doing h/w and studying on the job!

TrevorK
08-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by hussein

Lucky guy, I would love somthing like that. lol. Would be awesome for doing h/w and studying on the job!

I use it for surfing the net and watching every possible DVD I can find. But yeah, it's a pretty nice job to have, until something breaks.

IhateDomestic
08-14-2006, 11:08 AM
wanna hook me up? lol

Super_Geo
08-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Nizmo.. what kind of pay are you expecting from this PT job? It seems like with your mech eng degree and an office job that your daytime job should pay pretty well... well enough that I don't think you'd be satisfied with a $10/hr job for the evenings... :dunno: