PDA

View Full Version : Photo radar reflectors

wontonjohnny
04-15-2003, 11:16 PM
hey you guys have proably seen those sheets you put over your plate to mess up photos of your plate....

i was wondering is there another effective way to do this with out it looking so heat liek those illegal sheets.

like ive heard saran wrap was supposed to work ... tried it and took a pic ... didnt block it all, could still make out the letters

i also heard hair spray works too ... havent tried though

anyone else know good ways that work??

szw
04-15-2003, 11:27 PM
slowing down?

Even the ones you buy, I don't think any of that shit works.

Melinda
04-15-2003, 11:45 PM
Yeah dude, I've heard the same thing about hairspray but why bother? Slow down and do the speed limit. If you must speed, break down and get a radar detector.

Melinda

Weapon_R
04-15-2003, 11:50 PM
There is some actual spray you can buy, that don't look so heat and works.

It's called "Photo-blocker" and it's available off ebay. The seller's alias is also photo-blocker, so do a search by seller and find it there.

Canadian 2.5RS
04-16-2003, 09:45 AM
none of that stuff works. i watched a show on it and all they have to do is look at the neagatives of the picture and they can see the numbers, they have a bunch of ways they can do it. just slow down

sillyd
04-16-2003, 11:05 AM
The covers you put over your plate DO work (or at least the one i had did). I had one for over 2 years and sped past many radars - not a single ticket ever! The i got pulled over for it a few times and took it off, i've had a few tiks since. No experience with the spray though. I heard sometimes it works, sometimes not.

XxIntegra_BoixX
04-16-2003, 12:36 PM
The best thing to do is just slow down or better yet get a photo radar detector from the states or online, they are know to work pretty good.

tmcaulay
03-29-2005, 06:32 PM
use Photoblocker It works,
just do a search for Photoblocker in Google there is a place in Canada you could get it from.
been using it for years save me at least once.

Dave P
03-29-2005, 06:37 PM
I heard duct tape works so good

Toms-SC
03-29-2005, 07:34 PM
I have a can of that photo blocker. Its been 1 year and its turned into a faded yellow coating that is peeling and cracking. My plate is wreaked, I am going to have to get a new one.

Just a hint, this stuff, look and smells like paint clearcoat.

JordanEG6
03-29-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
I heard duct tape works so good

:rofl: :rofl: awesome. hahaha

try pam cooking spray?! :dunno:

googe
03-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by XxIntegra_BoixX
The best thing to do is just slow down or better yet get a photo radar detector from the states or online, they are know to work pretty good.

photo radar detector from the states? :bullshit:

they use the same radar bands cops do, and because of how they are set up (very low power, unfavorable angle) you cant detect them worth shit even with the best detectors

get in the habit of braking when there are conspicuosly placed caravans on the side of the road